This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

Great game by Union this afternoon. One more game for the Whitelaw Cup! Carr was the better number 9 on the ice, he looked like the Hobey candidate, Union did a great job of neutralizing Smith.

Let's go U!!!

Comment

The last two goals Novak has scored (today and game 1 last weekend) were pretty nice goals. He seems to be coming on and I'll be interested in how he develops over the next couple years. A lot of potential there.

Comment

Wow. 3rd in the PWR right now. Never thought is see the day.

It was great being at the game for that dominating performance. I expect a that same effort tomorrow as we try to become ECAC champs for the first time. GO U!!
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Novak is a sniper, just like Steve Novak on the Knicks.
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Union fired on all cylinders after a bit of a sluggish start. Troy stood tall when the outcome was still in doubt. Facility here is really pretty nice but not more than a 1000 or so for either game.

Comment

Union ends the night all alone in 3rd in the PairWise. Harvard is 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                Union ends the night all alone in 3rd in the PairWise. Harvard is 19th.
                Using the PWR predictor, it's hard to get Union higher than that. A loss would drop them a little bit, but I think they can get a #1 seed (probably in Bridgeport) if they win tomorrow night.
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

What's the online streaming quality of the games like? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                    Using the PWR predictor, it's hard to get Union higher than that. A loss would drop them a little bit, but I think they can get a #1 seed (probably in Bridgeport) if they win tomorrow night.
                    According to Jim Dahl over at siouxsports, a win tomorrow would lock Union as the 3rd overall seed. A loss would put them anywhere from 4th to 11th. No offense, but since you guys are in the tourney regardless, I'll be cheering for Harvard (and Cornell) tomorrow to get three ECAC teams in the big dance.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Kind of a strange game.. Union really sniped every "A" opportunity they got and Grosenick was very good in the 1st two periods to keep Gate at bay, even though they carried the play. Thought the difference was that Gate's d-men looked anxious and made some really horrendous mistakes, while U had more poise and looked more comfortable, even when they weren't playing well. The coaches have done a great job with this team and it has come a long way from early in the season, and last season for that matter. The Welsh line was very good too and actually overshadowed (and outplayed IMO) the Smith/Wagner line.

Harvard is going to be a very difficult opponent tomorrow. I thought they played U very evenly in the 2 games during the season and have a very similar style to U's. Donato really has them buying into a defensively responsible system, their goalie is playing well, and they have an outstanding PP. Should be a terrific game.

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                      I thought the video quality was very good, though I have a high speed FIOS connection (if that makes a difference). Wodon & Fridgen are the announcers and do a pretty good job too - or you can mute them and put on Dubrey/Unger like I did, though there was a delay between the audio & video.
                      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                        Yes. Here's a screen grab - http://i40.tinypic.com/9ax0tl.png

Comment

Working...
                        X