• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willythekid
    replied
    Re: WCHA Coaches Salaries

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Hmm. I always assumed Gwoz had the highest salary of all WCHA coaches, but I'm a bit shocked he isn't making significantly more.
    He would make more but he gets too many fines for being a cheat and a effeminate dasher dancer...

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Hmm. I always assumed Gwoz had the highest salary of all WCHA coaches, but I'm a bit shocked he isn't making significantly more.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

No real surprises or head-scratchers on that list, either with someone getting paid more or less than you'd think. And I'd assume that Owens is probably somewhere between Hakstol and Motzko.

Leave a comment:

• Hammy
    replied

I can pretty much guarantee you Lucia makes the biggest compensation package in the conference when you throw in the media, camps, etc.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Salary is just a part of the story - there may be performance bonuses, hockey camp income, TV/radio show income and other perks like country club memberships, paid car, etc. The compensation packages may be larger than how they appear in Mike's Blog...
    Good point.

Plus some of the coaches have their kids college tuition paid for or subsidized which is a pretty good chunk of change. Its also tax free, which is a huge bonus.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 07-17-2009, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Salary is just a part of the story - there may be performance bonuses, hockey camp income, TV/radio show income and other perks like country club memberships, paid car, etc. The compensation packages may be larger than how they appear in Mike's Blog...

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I wonder how these numbers compare to the other conferences?
    The WCHA would have the highest average salaries.

The top coaches throughout the NCAA probably make above or around $200,000, everyone else probably makes $70,000-$130,000.

I'd guess that the biggest difference between the WCHA and the other conferences is what the top assistants make. Also WCHA schools would have more support staff and people who answer to the hockey coach. Almost certainly WCHA schools would have the largest budgets for everything from travel to hockey sticks.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 07-17-2009, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Mike Chambers of the Denver Post lists the salaries and length of contracts of WCHA coaches in his blog today. No mention if Mike Eaves gets a bonus every time he cuts a player on scholarship & saves Wisconsin money.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/
    I wonder how these numbers compare to the other conferences?

Leave a comment:

• Flashy Man
    replied

At least for the usual bottom five teams, it's noticeable how they correlate to standings.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    started a topic WCHA Coaches Salaries

WCHA Coaches Salaries

Mike Chambers of the Denver Post lists the salaries and length of contracts of WCHA coaches in his blog today. No mention if Mike Eaves gets a bonus every time he cuts a player on scholarship & saves Wisconsin money.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/
    Last edited by dggoddard; 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM.
Working...
X