X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dggoddard
    replied
    Re: WCHA Coaches Salaries

Assistants were higher than I expected. Good info...

Leave a comment:

• thebrain
    replied

John Hill $121,352
    Mike Guentzel(while at Minnesota) $120,781
    Bert Gilling $52,308
    Ted Belisle $35,167
    Eric Means $56,595
    Darren Blue $51,796
    Steve Rohlik $69,700
    Eric Rud $63,371

Don Lucia $497,120
    Troy Jutting $133,446
    Tom Serratore $97,550
    Scott Sandelin $139,250
    Bob Motzko $151,353

Women's Head Hockey coaches:
    Steve Sertich $62,649
    Laura Halldorson $111,682
    Jeff Vizenor $75,993
    Shannon Miller $167,111
    Jeff Giesen $62,960

All from:
    http://extra.twincities.com/car/salaries/default.aspx

It's all public information...This information for MnSCU schools from 2007. University of Minnesota schools from the 2008 fiscal year.
    Last edited by thebrain; 07-20-2009, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I would be shocked if any 2nd assistant was making $20,000 even at the AHA schools. Who can live off of $20,000 now days. Hell I made a little more than that 13 years ago when I got out college and I could barely live. I would guess around $35,000 would be the lowest. In the WCHA I would guess the lowest 2nd assistants makes $50,000 or maybe just a tad less.
    Good point & you are probably right, but there are hundreds of people who want these jobs. I was just guessing.

There are 12 coaches in the league who work for nothing. The unpaid volunteer assistants.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    USCHO posters commonly cite $100,000+ being thrown around for the top assistants.

Guessing that Miller, Hill & Hastings would be the highest paid, in no particular order.

The 2nd assistants could be as low as $20,000 depending on the school, but that too is a wild guess.
    I would be shocked if any 2nd assistant was making $20,000 even at the AHA schools. Who can live off of $20,000 now days. Hell I made a little more than that 13 years ago when I got out college and I could barely live. I would guess around $35,000 would be the lowest. In the WCHA I would guess the lowest 2nd assistants makes $50,000 or maybe just a tad less.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
    Anyone know the range for assistants in the WCHA?
    USCHO posters commonly cite $100,000+ being thrown around for the top assistants.

Guessing that Miller, Hill & Hastings would be the highest paid, in no particular order.

The 2nd assistants could be as low as $20,000 depending on the school, but that too is a wild guess.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Russell must've gotten a raise in the past year or two. Last I heard, he was making just under $100k.

Leave a comment:

• redeagle
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    The WCHA would have the highest average salaries.

The top coaches throughout the NCAA probably make above or around $200,000, everyone else probably makes $70,000-$130,000.

I'd guess that the biggest difference between the WCHA and the other conferences is what the top assistants make. Also WCHA schools would have more support staff and people who answer to the hockey coach. Almost certainly WCHA schools would have the largest budgets for everything from travel to hockey sticks.
    Anyone know the range for assistants in the WCHA?

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Actually, I would have to say the university probably does value football over hockey, and basketball is starting to become important again as well, but not to the point of hockey just yet.
    WOOSH!

Leave a comment:

• thebrain
    replied

Originally posted by HockeyMN View Post
    The University of Minnesota newspaper actually posted the top 100 salaries for the entire university system this past year. The article was written back on Dec. 8, 2008, but it looks more current (with respect to Lucia's earnings) than the article from the Denver Post.

Here's the link: http://www.mndaily.com/2008/12/08/10...largely-admins
    The link within the first sentence takes you to the actual list.

Here are the highlights:

Lucia: $241,196
    Tubby Smith: $630,000
    Tim Brewster: $408,000

Kinda funny, huh? If you went by this info you'd have to think that the U of M values football and basketball more than hockey ... of course, we all know better.
    But how do those salaries compare to others in college basketball, football, and the Big Ten? It's not necessarily that they value those programs more, it's more the market rate for football and basketball coaches. How much money does the football and basketball programs bring in compared to hockey? U of M football is going to start bringing in a lot more money too...

Leave a comment:

• HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
    replied

Originally posted by HockeyMN View Post
    The University of Minnesota newspaper actually posted the top 100 salaries for the entire university system this past year. The article was written back on Dec. 8, 2008, but it looks more current (with respect to Lucia's earnings) than the article from the Denver Post.

Here are the highlights:

Kinda funny, huh? If you went by this info you'd have to think that the U of M values football and basketball more than hockey ... of course, we all know better.
    Actually, I would have to say the university probably does value football over hockey, and basketball is starting to become important again as well, but not to the point of hockey just yet.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyMN
    replied

Here are the highlights:

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Toot Cahoon makes a bit over $200K, while Blaise MacDonald makes ~$175K.

Contrast this to the incoming coach at Brown who will make a paltry ~$85,000. I also remember when Mark Mazzolini left Harvard from Green Bay (USHL), he got a pay raise.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Originally posted by SkimeySalamander View Post
    Red Berenson (Michigan) makes $190,000.
    That might be his salary from Michigan, but he makes a helluva lot more than that from the other aspects of the program. I read something a few years ago where they published what Michigan and Michigan State's coaches made. I remember Red making over $700K, everything all-in, and a few dollars more than then-basketball coach Tommy Amaker.

Leave a comment:

• tic tac toe
    replied

Wonder what Dean Blais in the soon to be WCHA UNO makes

Leave a comment:

• SkimeySalamander
    replied

Red Berenson (Michigan) makes $190,000.

Leave a comment:

Working...