Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame to Hockey East

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    That is false. HC took a pass on ECAC when QU was brought in. They were a finalist but said no to a few demands/suggestions by ECAC. Was not going to be told to build a new rink just to get intoa 2nd tier league. HE is in fact looking at HC as they feel it does not compete with theb BC/BU/UMA type. They tend to get the type of kids who wanted to go to Harvard or Dartmouth. HC is a far superior academic school than RPI. I don't think it will happen but it is not true that they were not considered good enough for ECAC. Paul Pearl has done an exceptional job there, better than RPI's coach in regards to building a program and is well regarded by the league. RPI is a 5th-7th place team, again this year, in a 2nd tier northeast, 4th or 5th tier nationaly type league and would flounder in Hockey East, below the 500 mark at best.
    Thank you for this post, I was starting to find myself agreeing with you way too much lately. I feel much better now, because I think you were smoking the crack from Lowell with this one. HC can't compete with BU BC and UMA?? Really, UMA? Far Superior academically? On what comparison? Because I'm pretty sure if you want to be an engineer you don't go to HC. Or any other important major. The last statement I have no clue what you are talking about, but I do agree they would flounder in HE.

RPI can point to UVM having transitioned "OK", but UVM was and is a mid-pack team that will occassionally throw a challenge out there. They got through those tough first few years based in 2 things, Joe Fallon and Torrey Mitchell. Fallon allowed them to win one goal games that kept them competitive until recruiting could pick up some. If they had thrown up a few 7-10th place finishes they would be mired in the basement with PC.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Home games at DCU center? Yikes... I have to think that arena would feel pretty empty... even for games against ND, BU and BC.

that's the first thing i thought of..............like Ohio St drawing 3000 in a 17,000 capacity building, no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        holy cross would be a nice addition in my opinion. I would vote for either holy cross or quinnipiac to get to 12, and when notre dame bolts, invite the other one to get back to 12.
        fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          I'd love to visit the Woo for HEA games. Not far from boston, great nightlife.
          please tell me you're kidding.

Comment

Forbes list of the top 650 colleges

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#p_1_s_arank_

Holy Cross 27th
            Union 29th
            RPI 360Th

Yup, they are even

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              fyp
              You didn't fix my post! You screwed up my grammatically correct capitalization of proper nouns!
              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                That is false. HC took a pass on ECAC when QU was brought in. They were a finalist but said no to a few demands/suggestions by ECAC.
                I hear BC was asked to be in the Ivy League but turned it down.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I hear BC was asked to be in the Ivy League but turned it down.
                  Off track but the only school that has actually turned down the Ivy League is Rutgers.

Comment

Working...
                  X