Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame to Hockey East

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    He amended his statement moments later. As I understood him, the ND contract starts in 2012, Hockey East in 2013. He said they were looking forward to showing Hockey East games when the contract starts. As I said in the other thread, I don't expect them to show any games on NBC Sports from rinks located outside South Bend and Commonwealth Ave.
    Because I mean, let's be real.
    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
      And this

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...a656c0fb8df98c

says they now have an NBC contract for hockey too!!
      Seems good for now... until Notre Dame becomes the Texas of Hockey East, than see how the New England teams like travel to Indiana while the Fighting Irish reap the benefits of a huge national TV contract.

While Indy is hockey isn't as glamorous as football I'm a bit surprised they joined Hockey East. They could have gone indy and played a schedule mostly consisting of Big10, Hockey East, and NCHC schools. also it's been mentioned a few times already here, but I do think Notre Dame will eventually become a Big10 school down the road (for hockey, football, and other sports)

Comment

I would like to point out that ND's super t3h aw3som3z contract with NBC in football has done nothing for the talent on the field over the last several years.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by NUjon View Post
          I expect they'll pick up the Hockey East tournament, and their hockey crew is kinda familiar with the Garden...

Speaking of the tournament, one thing that has not yet been addressed is the playoff format. Assuming we go to 12 teams, what are the odds we use the WCHA's Frozen Five format: 6 teams host, 6 teams go to Boston and top 2 teams get a bye into the semis? Or we go the ECAC route and 5-8 host 9-12 then the winners play at 1-4. The latter would be more popular with NBC because that would almost guarantee ND plays a home series. The former means an extra day and two more games in Boston.

Comment

I'd also like to point out that anyone paying close attention to the football realignment insanity can tell you that ND would rather go to the ACC than the B1G.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I would like to point out that ND's super t3h aw3som3z contract with NBC in football has done nothing for the talent on the field over the last several years.
              They've recruited superbly, just haven't had a coaching staff to develop that talent.

Comment

I'd also like to point out that anyone paying close attention to the football realignment insanity can tell you that ND would rather go to the ACC than the B1G.

Carry on.
                I haven't followed it closely, so what's the reasoning you've read? Same as what Craig said? I've never heard anything from ND even hinting at wanting to join any football conference.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I haven't followed it closely, so what's the reasoning you've read? Same as what Craig said? I've never heard anything from ND even hinting at wanting to join any football conference.
                  ND has expressed a preference for the ACC over the B1G, *IF* they do not stay independent.

Comment

10 was enough!

Comment

I would like to point out that ND's super t3h aw3som3z contract with NBC in football
                      What's that in english?

Comment

ND has expressed a preference for the ACC over the B1G, *IF* they do not stay independent.
                        To be fair, ND hasn't publicly expressed anything either way, they never tip their hand. That's based on rumors and unsourced reports. That said, I can see pros/cons of an ACC move for them, and do believe they may be seriously considering a conference move in the wake of all of this conference shuffling. I don't think they'd be making this HE move accompanied by a TV contract if they were at all seriously considering the Big 10+2.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by NUjon View Post
                          What HE rinks would even be able to accomodate NBC/Versus' equipment? They're not going to walk in with two cameras and two broadcasters. Of course, BC, BU, and ND can, UNH most likely, and probably UML and UMass - but I can't see them wanting to televise those teams. I can't see any of the other rinks being able to handle the number of camera angles NBCVS would inevitably want, as well as a proper broadcast booth, etc. So I'm guessing we see lots of BU, BC, ND, and UNH.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                            What HE rinks would even be able to accomodate NBC/Versus' equipment? They're not going to walk in with two cameras and two broadcasters. Of course, BC, BU, and ND can, UNH most likely, and probably UML and UMass - but I can't see them wanting to televise those teams. I can't see any of the other rinks being able to handle the number of camera angles NBCVS would inevitably want, as well as a proper broadcast booth, etc. So I'm guessing we see lots of BU, BC, ND, and UNH.
                            All the rinks should be capable of broadcasting. I'm guessing you're right and it doesn't matter. We'll be seeing lots of BU, BC, ND, and UNH. Just like NBC/Vs shows about 5-10 NHL teams on a regular basis, ESPN has it's favorite college football broadcasts (anything from the Big10 or SEC) , etc... I've heard over the past few months NBC/Vs. is closing in on deals with the conferences, that might give fans a broader range of games. If it's like the news said today and ND signed their own contract we'll see ND vs. HE schools and some NCHC/Big10 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                              All the rinks should be capable of broadcasting. I'm guessing you're right and it doesn't matter. We'll be seeing lots of BU, BC, ND, and UNH. Just like NBC/Vs shows about 5-10 NHL teams on a regular basis, ESPN has it's favorite college football broadcasts (anything from the Big10 or SEC) , etc... I've heard over the past few months NBC/Vs. is closing in on deals with the conferences, that might give fans a broader range of games. If it's like the news said today and ND signed their own contract we'll see ND vs. HE schools and some NCHC/Big10 schools.
                              Unless multiple TV networks are going to agree to co-broadcast games, I think something's got to give. CBS College Sports, NESN, and now NBC Sports Group are all vying for Hockey East games, and since I'm assuming they're going to want exclusivity on the games they broadcast, someone's going to end up without he prime BC, BU, UNH games. Either way, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of the less frequently televised Hockey East teams. Now, how much more is unclear, but if we keep all 3 deals I'm betting we see the non-UNH, BU, BC, ND at least 3 or 4 times, as opposed to the 1 or 2 times we see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                I expect they'll pick up the Hockey East tournament, and their hockey crew is kinda familiar with the Garden...

Speaking of the tournament, one thing that has not yet been addressed is the playoff format. Assuming we go to 12 teams, what are the odds we use the WCHA's Frozen Five format: 6 teams host, 6 teams go to Boston and top 2 teams get a bye into the semis? Or we go the ECAC route and 5-8 host 9-12 then the winners play at 1-4. The latter would be more popular with NBC because that would almost guarantee ND plays a home series. The former means an extra day and two more games in Boston.
                                I would prefer to stick with the current format and just let the bottom 4 or bottom 3 miss the playoffs. With 4 teams out, it would put an even higher premium on every point. Obviously there already is, but it would be that much harder to make the playoffs.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X