Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame to Hockey East

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Houston Field House has been undergoing renovations since UNH graced us with its presence. There's now a skybox (or as some of us like to call it the Throne), new scoreboard, I believe they're working on a new sound system, a few other things in the background as well.
    And the HFH was never a hanger. (It was a warehouse. )
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
      This is clearly a huge story!
      This story has been known for long enough now the story is gone. Biggest story now is who Team #12 is, or if HE stays at 11.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        Cornell is NEVER going to the leave the ECAC unless the rest of the Ivy League splits (in which case they'd stay with them).
        I think that the Cornell rumor is that SUNY-Ithaca is going to split from the rest of Cornell and join HE.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There will be no marriage of Hockey East and UConn men's hockey unless (a) Hockey East can be assured of UConn stepping up its financial commitment to hockey and (b) UConn agreeing to step up its financial agreement to hockey.

Hockey East won't invite them without (a), UConn won't accept without (b).
          UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            This story has been known for long enough now the story is gone. Biggest story now is who Team #12 is, or if HE stays at 11.
            Agreed. If I were HE, I'd stay at 11 for the next year in case Notre Dame decides to jump to the Big 10.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              Grabbing an ECAC team essentially will destabilize that conference and maybe force a raid.
              Please explain how losing one team out of 12 will destabilize the ECAC. Use examples.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Any chance ND ends up in the Big Ten in all sports anytime soon, or would the hockey team stay in H.E. if the football team joins the Big Ten?
                SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                  Any chance ND ends up in the Big Ten in all sports anytime soon, or would the hockey team stay in H.E. if the football team joins the Big Ten?
                  If Notre Dame goes Big Ten in any sport, they will be required to go in all sports.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                    There will be no marriage of Hockey East and UConn men's hockey unless (a) Hockey East can be assured of UConn stepping up its financial commitment to hockey and (b) UConn agreeing to step up its financial agreement to hockey.

Hockey East won't invite them without (a), UConn won't accept without (b).
                    Well there already is a marriage from the women's side. Men's maybe...maybe not. Makes more sense then any other team, and it has the benefit of give Providence some company at the bottom.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      If Notre Dame goes Big Ten in any sport, they will be required to go in all sports.
                      Alright, so is it still a possibility that ND joins the Big Ten?
                      SCSU!

Comment

Yes. Although, I don't think it is their first choice.
                        North Dakota

Comment

It can't be dismissed entirely until ND is in another conference, but right now I'd guess that they're somewhere around ND's 4th choice.

1st. Big East assuming it remains viable after changes
                          2nd. ACC
                          3rd. Big XII
                          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            RPI has a different administration since the last time it was invited. That was the hangup both in 1984 and 1993. The 'Tute also has a coach who can sell iceboxes to eskimos.
                            RPI has also made major improvements to its arena, with more planned. The insitutue has invested heavily in upgrading its other atheltic facilities to be among the best in Division III. Their 5,000-seat football stadium and new turf soccer and field hockey playing surfaces indicate that the school is serious about making its athletic programs as good as they can be. You are right about the coach and I think the current athletic director is much more inclined to make the move. We will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Agreed. If I were HE, I'd stay at 11 for the next year in case Notre Dame decides to jump to the Big 10.
                              I'm sure this was thought of and I wouldn't be surprised if Hockey East added a clause saying they need to stay for X years or make a big financial pay out if they jump ship early. No point in adding them if they are just going to leave within a year or two.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I am of the same thought on this. Could the vaunted Notre Dame simply be using Hockey East???? One would think the Harvard educated Bertagna would not be used as a pawn, but something tells me that could indeed be the case! Notre Dame is only looking in the best interest of Notre Dame, which in hockey is the Big Ten! TV? Hello Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Michigan State and Penn State! Travel, see the same list! Hockey East, who coined the phrase "that dog won't hunt"? Color me skeptical, very skeptical!

Comment

Working...
                                X