Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Well Cat fans ... it has happened again ... another team that Vermont beat earlier this year has climbed to the top of the heap ... Ferris State is #1 in this week's poll ... since UVM beat them on December 30th they have gone 9-0-2.
    Go figure ...

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Well Cat fans ... it has happened again ... another team that Vermont beat earlier this year has climbed to the top of the heap ... Ferris State is #1 in this week's poll ... since UVM beat them on December 30th they have gone 9-0-2.
      Go figure ...
      We beat the #1 team? Shouldn't that make us #1?

BTW, when you said "another team that Vermont beat earlier this year," I knew right then you had to be talking about a pretty select group.

Comment

On the Whitney "penalty", there absolutely should have been embellishment to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          On the Whitney "penalty", there absolutely should have been embellishment to go with it.
          The refs were just trying to get the game over ASAP. It was a 'stop the chippy stuff' call,thats all.

Comment

Strange that we only have 5 wins and 3 are against the #1,#6 & #7 teams in the Country.
            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Strange that we only have 5 wins and 3 are against the #1,#6 & #7 teams in the Country.
              and the contenders in HE thank you very much for a couple of those wins...............

Comment

I believe a goalie by the name of Billy Faust committed to UVM today. He is currently in the BC league playing for Nanimo Clippers. From what I have heard, he is a really good one!!

Comment

That would be GREAT I am sure Ted will be able to confirm it soon.

Find a short clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6EveUt4WA
                  Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

If true, this will make the goalie situation pretty interesting! Not sure how Alex will react to 2 competent goalies coming on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                      If true, this will make the goalie situation pretty interesting! Not sure how Alex will react to 2 competent goalies coming on board.
                      I have a feeling Alex is going to be hoping for split time between the pipes. He certainly doesn't seem like he is in the bullpen for the starting job. I'm thinking a Madore / Spillane type rotation to start the season and then whichever freshman goalie stakes a claim
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It will be interesting to see how hard Faust was recruited. It does not seem like they are bringing him in to be a 3rd stringer.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive! Thanks Ted! This only strengthens my opinion of the goalie situation!
                          Time will tell, but this kid does not look like a third stringer.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...xt|FRONTPAGE|s
                          Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I like it. We really need a stud goalie next year if we want to compete with the top of the league. I am concerned that he is a bit small for my taste though, although 6'6" goalies with reflexes like Thomas don't come around that often.
                            Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                            National Champions 1992, 2001
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                            National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                            Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                              This only strengthens my opinion of the goalie situation!
                              Time will tell, but this kid does not look like a third stringer.
                              I agree. Between him and Hoffman, hopefully we'll have some solid play in goal next season.

Think about this. Regardless of who ultimately ends up earning the starting job, we're going to have a very inexperienced goalie when we begin next season against Minnesota. That's kinda scary.

Comment

Very true, That is why I was so for playing Alex, but we now know why that did not work out.
                                I guess I feel better with the goalies I don't know compared to the one I do. And it is not completely his fault to be in this poisition

Comment

Working...
                                X