2013 Regional sites announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Regional sites announced

With Providence and Manchester within 2 hours it might be possible to attend both regionals

Comment

With a two hour drive, seeing all six games is indeed plausible. For the Toledo/Grand Rapids pairing, 5 of 6 games is probably the best case scenario. Still, that's a nice opportunity.

Comment

Two hours between GR and Toledo is a stretch even by the driving habits of Michiganders (Michigan: Where the Speed Limits Indicate a Minimum Speed). It will be closer to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by mmb5 View Post
          Two hours between GR and Toledo is a stretch even by the driving habits of Michiganders (Michigan: Where the Speed Limits Indicate a Minimum Speed). It will be closer to 3.
          That would be more accurate. Even with it being all interstate, it would be pretty **** hard to get from Toledo to GR in under 3.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Agree with the 3 hour estimate. That's why I've been saying that Western fans are probably looking at 4 or 5 games, rather than 6. Basically it depends on where you spend Saturday.

If you have a rooting interest in the Saturday/Sunday Regional, you probably leave the Friday/Saturday city after the Friday games. Total Games = 5.

Otherwise you probably take in the whole Friday/Saturday tournament, then head to the other city for Sunday's title game. Total Games = 4. But 2 Regional Finals would be very tempting.

Those who follow one team, and only one team, probably aren't connecting with what I'm saying. But if you're a fan of college hockey as a sport, I'm guessing you see the value here.
            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-09-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Capacities per Wikipedia:

Dunkin' Donuts Arena - 11,940
              Van Andel Arena - 10,834
              Verizon Wireless Arena - 9,852
              Huntington Center - 7,839

That brings a smile to the face... maybe these venues will seem a bit less empty than some of the recent 2010, 2011 arenas that have been close to 14,000+

Hopefully this means the NCAA has smartened up a bit.
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
              X