No announcement yet.

2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

What a terrific showing by BC this weekend. They'll be #1 for sure, which means nothing. SOG were nearly even in the title game, but the goals sure weren't.

BC has Denver @ home, then UNH @ Durham. If they go 4-0 after this stretch, I will be mighty impressed.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Re: 2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I don't think any North Dakota fan who follows the team regularly thought that Air Force would be anything different than the game it was. We are going to struggle scoring early on, and really were lucky to win last night. Air Force outplayed the Sioux for long portions of the game. Now, by the end of the year, I fully expect North Dakota to be a very good team again. Right now...not so much.

Boston College should be the favorites tonight. North Dakota was not very sharp in any aspect of the game last night other than coaching.
      First of all, Congratulations to Boston College. Well played game, sharp shooting, and great goaltending. Once the Eagles got up by two, it was over.

I felt that North Dakota played better offensively tonight than last night, but BC got great goaltending. Sioux could have easily put up 4 or 5, but it was not meant to be. Our blueliners did not look all that sharp, and there were a few glaring mistakes that directly led to a couple goals. Also, Dell was not very good. Eidsness played very well in relief, and I hope that he gets a game next weekend. Hopefully the Sioux are able to rebound against Maine.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Well, I think Milner answered some questions in net for BC. BC was pretty much what we expected, balanced scoring. Some great performances from a lot of guys tonight. The defense as a whole was great - even guys like Shea and Macleod... they exceeded my expectations. Milner probably did better than one could have expected. He made some big saves before BC exploded or during that timeframe to keep BC momentum from swinging to ND. Gaudreau looks ridiculous. Mullane and Arnold were also fantastic tonight.

Obviously you can play the what if game on anything but the Sioux were very fortunate to be tied at 1 and not down 2-0 when the Carey or Hayes shot went off the pipe and ND got the 2 on 1 the other way to equalize.

I still think the Sioux are going to be very good by March. They have some good pieces in place. Tough to place much blame on Dell. Defensive coverage was horrendous on most of the BC goals.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I was in REA for the game tonight. BC as a team was faster up and down the ice and had crisper passing/play. They were the better team on the ice tonight without question. UND on the other hand looked very tentative at times. The Sioux came out with some big checks early in the game, but seemed to move away from it as the game went on. UND also took too many penalties. Many of the Sioux looked slow on the ice as compared to the BC players.

Goaltending and D were supposed to be the UND strong points this year, they didn't look like it tonight. There were certainly a couple of goals that Dell had no chance on due to a combination of good BC play and/or not so strong play by UND's defense. But there were also a couple of goals that Dell shouldn't have let in. There were many instances where the UND D-men didn't play particuarly aggressive.

Eidsness look pretty good in relief. He had some big saves late in the game that kept it from getting even uglier.
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Sounds like the Cadets had a good weekend even though they dropped two games. To play both of the teams they faced as tight as they did is an accomplishment for their program. I saw the BC/UND highlights. BC looks quick and explosive as usual. Looking forward to Friday night.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Where's the guy who promised two sioux wins???

After seeing UND start the game with a couple huge hits, thought BC might be in for a long night...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Where's the guy who promised two sioux wins???

After seeing UND start the game with a couple huge hits, thought BC might be in for a long night...
                any Sioux fan who guaranteed a win against BC obviously has not been a UND fan for very long...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Yeah, the Sioux opened with some pretty good hits. But they didn't keep hitting like that, which is unusual for one of Hak's teams.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Working...
                  X