• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seawolfpunk
    replied
    Re: Kendall Classic UAA, Clarkson, St.Cloud & UAF

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    ..Wonder if they'll leave the ice pink? The Aces are playing on pink ice tonight & tomorrow night @ the Sully, and did a skate with the kids on pink ice at the mall last week.

The Sully's ice is light pink, but the mall went a little crazy adding color to their ice..

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/dimondpinkice.jpg?t=1317764325******
    No they will not leave the ice pink, they will start cleaning the ice wednesday night after the aces auction off there jerseys.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaRox
    replied

..Wonder if they'll leave the ice pink? The Aces are playing on pink ice tonight & tomorrow night @ the Sully, and did a skate with the kids on pink ice at the mall last week.

The Sully's ice is light pink, but the mall went a little crazy adding color to their ice..

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/dimondpinkice.jpg?t=1317764325******

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Clarkson and Olympic ice do not mesh well. If anyone has speed at the forwards, they probably can turn the D and get great scoring chances.

As drew said, a split will be tremendous, but with a new coach I think this is an evaluation trip to see who will be the core group once ECAC play starts next month.
    You did beat SLU on Olympic ice last year... of course I'd expect any team to get up for a rivalry game.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

The Nooks will go with three freshman d-men, three seniors and one each of the sophomore/junior variety. We have nine freshmen in all and we're hopeful they all transition to the college game quickly. I like what I've seen so far.

I hope I can make it down for the games. If "Fighting Sioux 23" is correct, I could miss my chance to see Clarkson become a part of hockey history on Friday night. It may be the first time ever that a visiting hockey club played an Anchorage team that was as good as they thought they were. I didn't think that was possible...

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Clarkson and Olympic ice do not mesh well. If anyone has speed at the forwards, they probably can turn the D and get great scoring chances.

As drew said, a split will be tremendous, but with a new coach I think this is an evaluation trip to see who will be the core group once ECAC play starts next month.
    Your roster shows some good sized D-men, overall you match up with UAA, larger than Alaska, which is usually on the small size with speed for the olympic ice.

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    bird.....FYP is " fixed your post " you should thank the well informed east-coaster for being so helpful.
    Really, PFD on 10/06/11 means you can buy a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Clarkson and Olympic ice do not mesh well.
    Well you are not going to like the Sullivan arena then.
    Any Clarkson Fans coming up?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by drewcu View Post
    Clarkson is flying out tomorrow. It is going to be interesting, judging from the exhibition game our D is going to have some growing pains. We will dress 2 (maybe 3) frosh dmen, 2 soph and 2 juniors. Hopefully they learn quickly.
    St. Cloud is in a similar boat.
    Our D-core consists of 1 senior, 1 junior, 3 sophomores (one of whom played only 4 games) and 3 freshmen.
    We may be relying a lot of Lee to save some bacon early in the year.

Leave a comment:

• drewcu
    replied

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
    I'm just hoping Clarkson can split. The team has never played in Alaska before, so travel will probably take more of a toll on us than it will on SCSU. I believe the team is leaving Wednesday. From looking at last year, it looks like Fairbanks is the better of the two teams, but Anchorage is the host; either way, it's an uphill battle for the Eastern team.
    Clarkson is flying out tomorrow. It is going to be interesting, judging from the exhibition game our D is going to have some growing pains. We will dress 2 (maybe 3) frosh dmen, 2 soph and 2 juniors. Hopefully they learn quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    FYP
    bird.....FYP is " fixed your post " you should thank the well informed east-coaster for being so helpful.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    Even out east it is known _airbanks is the better team!
    FYP

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
    I'm just hoping Clarkson can split. The team has never played in Alaska before, so travel will probably take more of a toll on us than it will on SCSU. I believe the team is leaving Wednesday. From looking at last year, it looks like Fairbanks is the better of the two teams, but Anchorage is the host; either way, it's an uphill battle for the Eastern team.
    Even out east it is known Fairbanks is the better team!

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
    According to UAA's schedule, only the Anchorage games will be broadcast on GCI so it may be radio for the Friday night tilt vs. the Nanooks.
    That's to bad!

Leave a comment:

• Pump It Up
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I am hoping so! The friday game being an 8pm start is nice!
    According to UAA's schedule, only the Anchorage games will be broadcast on GCI so it may be radio for the Friday night tilt vs. the Nanooks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X