X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeeterman
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Boy you like beating dead horses don't you?
    I don't think he has any horses, certainly not any dead ones. Remember "a stitch in time is worth 2 in the bush".

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied
    Re: Kendall Classic UAA, Clarkson, St.Cloud & UAF

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Better team won game 1. Other than some penalty killing brilliance, the Nooks looked about like a team that has nine freshmen, except the vets were the ones filling up the penalty box. Lee was great for SCSU.

Sullivan was so dead you could hear St. Cloud's coach yelling at Eddy to "sit down in the box" after taking a penalty.
    The Sully was dead because people were still at work when the game started. Folks in Anchorage want to watch UAA, not UA_. The same thing happened last year at UA_'s tourney, the Carlson was empty for the first game.

For the record, I thought the Nanooks out played the Huskies tonight, despite their inability to stay out of the penalty box. They outshot them 2-1 and Lee stole the game for SCSU, who otherwise did not look very sharp at all.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Better team won game 1. Other than some penalty killing brilliance, the Nooks looked about like a team that has nine freshmen, except the vets were the ones filling up the penalty box. Lee was great for SCSU.

Sullivan was so dead you could hear St. Cloud's coach yelling at Eddy to "sit down in the box" after taking a penalty.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

First game, not pretty but goals from some usual suspects and sounds like solid play from the D and Lee.
    I'll take that win.

Leave a comment:

• drewcu
    replied

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Just back in from the coaches luncheon (peppercorn steak and salmon ... delish btw ...) and tonight for UAA the following players are out injured; Scott Allen, Eric Scheid, Kory Roy, Andrew Pickering and Chris Crowell. All were originally pegged for tonight's Clarkson game but came up hurt during yesterday's practice.

The UAA/Clarkson stream will be available at this link. As will the UAA/SCSU game tomorrow. Don't ask me about links for the UAF games cos I don't know.

Thanks for the link, game airs at 12:07 AM here in NY....LET'S GO TECH!
    Cheers!
    Drew

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

Just back in from the coaches luncheon (peppercorn steak and salmon ... delish btw ...) and tonight for UAA the following players are out injured; Scott Allen, Eric Scheid, Kory Roy, Andrew Pickering and Chris Crowell. All were originally pegged for tonight's Clarkson game but came up hurt during yesterday's practice.

The UAA/Clarkson stream will be available at this link. As will the UAA/SCSU game tomorrow. Don't ask me about links for the UAF games cos I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by husckey domi nation View Post
    huskeys sweep and take home the seal clubber trophy.
    fyp

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaRox
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    7 hrs......... what Grandma's driving again or you taking the bus?
    Yeah, really. When I drive up to Bearflanks, it usually takes about 5.5 hours or less. You must be taking the scenic route or something?

Drive safe & watch out for moose!

Leave a comment:

• Husckey Domi Nation
    replied

And why did the NCHA decide to let SCSU in...... well one of 2 reasons
    1. Didn't want them to dominate the WCHA.
    Did someone say "Dominate"?

I talked to Mike Lee on Saturday. He looked ready and confident.

Huskeys sweep and take home the Seal Blubber trophy.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Headed down for the games in the morning. Without any freezing rain or snow should only take 7 hours or so. Hope the boys are ready. Good luck to SCSU and Clarkson, should be a great weekend of hockey. I'll try to post a few pics of Friday night's action sometime Saturday. But of course...

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/UAFPuckwithAurora.gif******

...GO NOOKS!
    7 hrs......... what Grandma's driving again or you taking the bus?

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied

Game Day Lets go Seawolves

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Headed down for the games in the morning. Without any freezing rain or snow should only take 7 hours or so. Hope the boys are ready. Good luck to SCSU and Clarkson, should be a great weekend of hockey. I'll try to post a few pics of Friday night's action sometime Saturday. But of course...

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/UAFPuckwithAurora.gif******

...GO NOOKS!

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

I'm curious to see how Cloud does up there. Good luck and safe travels to any 'skies fans making the trek.

Leave a comment:

• Bronzebacks
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Let's see, tUMD has a losing record against us, in the last 6 years DU and SCSU have played exactly .500 hockey, 'cause we've split all but two series, (they swept in Dec. 07, we swept in Nov. of 08) and its been like a decade since UND swept us in the NHC. You must be referring to UNO's one season of success against us when our team was busy jumping on cars and passing out from alcohol.
    @ Alaska Hockey

Not too many teams will be taking the bus to Kalamazoo!

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

And why did the NCHA decide to let SCSU in...... well one of 2 reasons
    1. Didn't want them to dominate the WCHA.
    2. The "Elite Six" were all looking for a couple 4 point bus stops.
    Let's see, tUMD has a losing record against us, in the last 6 years DU and SCSU have played exactly .500 hockey, 'cause we've split all but two series, (they swept in Dec. 07, we swept in Nov. of 08) and its been like a decade since UND swept us in the NHC. You must be referring to UNO's one season of success against us when our team was busy jumping on cars and passing out from alcohol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X