Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ Wisconsin Oct. 7 & 8 - Let's Kick the Tires and Light the Fires....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU @ Wisconsin Oct. 7 & 8 - Let's Kick the Tires and Light the Fires....

Game will be broadcast live on Wisconsin TV. You can watch it online at http://wpt.org/wisconsinchannel/index.cfm
    Woohoo!
    Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
      Craft breweries in general are doing really well, absolutely killing InBev, and doing some damage on MillerCoors, but they have Leinie's which helps them continue to grow despite their portfolio outside of Leinie's staying pretty stagnant.

I know that their is a developing lobby called the "Brewers Association" that offers help to craft breweries that need help. I don't honestly know enough about the law or the distribution channels in Wi to give much advice beyond that.

And yes, Scott Walker is a huge bag of ****. I have a close friend, also an NMU alum, that works for We Are Wisconsin, and he seems very hopeful Walker won't be around that much longer.

And what a hockey game, holy ****! I stayed off Facebook for the entire night to avoid seeing the replay before it came on. Amazing game, the team looks very competitive. I am wondering what the night would have looked like without all those penalties though...
      We (craft brewers) are doing well. Slowly taking market share away from the larger (crap) breweries. Rumor has it InBev is in talks on acquiring MillerCoors now. The Brewers Association is strong as is the Michigan Brewers Guild. I believe Wisconsin has a guild too. If small breweries lose the right to self-distribute, they could take a huge hit. I wish we could self distribute in Michigan! I actually got into a conversation with a Bell's employee (marketing guy) about it. He was defending the distribution laws in Michigan in that it creates more jobs. Of course, at the volume they produce, they are way better off letting others distribute their beer in Michigan. Anyhow... lets go Cats! Taking 2 games on the road against the Badgers will help them out SO much this season.
      Go Cats!

Comment

Could we please keep the political talk out of hockey threads? Trust me, nobody cares what you (or I) think of [insert politician]. Thanks.

I was also at the game, and I agree with UpNorthHockey - NMU looked like the better team for much of the game.

EDIT: On the other hand, beer talk is always a good thread hijack!
        Last edited by Buck 'em; 10-08-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Well, I'll take a split on the weekend. Overall, they seemed pretty evenly matched, and aside from the constant penalty box parade, both teams played quite well. Best of luck in Houghton this weekend, Badgers. Please shut the Michigan Tech "OMG WE GOT A SWEEEEEEP*" Huskies up. Quickly.

*Over AIC. Does that really count?
          Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 10-09-2011, 10:53 AM.
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Working...
          X