• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildShawn
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
    Some friends over in Ithaca said that Brown is a force to be reckoned with this year.
    was that before or after they lost to AIC (3-0) and Holy Cross back to back?
    http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/brow...key/2011-2012/
    looks like they had a four game stretch where they scored total of 1 goal against RPI, Army, AIC, HC. they did rebound with a close loss at Yale and a win vs. Yale but when you go 0-2-1 vs. AHA teams scoring a total of 1 goal....
    Last edited by WildShawn; 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Umileated
    replied

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
    Anyone else want to guess the outcome of the ECAC game right after the break?
    Some friends over in Ithaca said that Brown is a force to be reckoned with this year.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Let's start the season over on December 30th with DeSmith in net. Perhaps UNH can score more than one goal against the Brown Bears. I believe that this season will be the first time that UNH has played two different Bears teams in back-back-back games.
    1. Lets! (Hey, why not? He earned another shot, and Digi has had plenty of chances to start.)
    2. Perhaps.
    3. Da Brown Bears? Da Black Bears? Our best chance may be against da Teddy Bears .

Gotta hope that this all works our for the best.

Leave a comment:

• i'zonprize
    replied

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
    Well from the video replay, it looks like Willows passes the puck up to Thrush, who skates it up, and passes to Agosta for a goal (the first goal). I'm not reading this on the scoresheet though
    This is from a few pages back- but the video is still on the HE home site- That looks like it should be Willow's first career point for sure. They have given that assist to Moses, so they do acknowledge that someone on UNH gets the puck to Thrush - Moses did not appear to be on the ice at the time of the play. I'm not sure that it's so much confusing, as it's appears to be a clear error. Hopefully someone can correct that.

Leave a comment:

• i'zonprize
    replied

Anyone else want to guess the outcome of the ECAC game right after the break?
    Last edited by i'zonprize; 12-09-2011, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    I guess the fact that we just saw a tight 2-1 game against long time 'rival' BU with the debut start of a local kid in net, who did a pretty solid job, and we've had ZERO comments from UNH fans on here says it all.
    Let's start the season over on December 30th with DeSmith in net. Perhaps UNH can score more than one goal against the Brown Bears. I believe that this season will be the first time that UNH has played two different Bears teams in back-back-back games.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?
    Radio last night pregame said Wyer has a lower body injury undefined, but it was implied it is a strain and getting better.

Leave a comment:

• jml42691
    replied

Exactly. That was an easy save for LOLuongo I liked what I saw from the kid last night, there were no awful goals which we've seen several of the last few games.
    Not to throw a short tangent into the thread, but this video applies way too well.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Someone said the same thing about a certain Stanley Cup winning goalie in June...
    Exactly. That was an easy save for LOLuongo I liked what I saw from the kid last night, there were no awful goals which we've seen several of the last few games.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

He was a little over agressive at times which cost him on the 2nd goal
    Someone said the same thing about a certain Stanley Cup winning goalie in June...

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Does Gerbe have a younger brother playing for Lowell?
    Didn't Chris Hansen give you the news on this?

Gerbe's younger brother was recruited by Parker and ended up at BU for a brief amount of time. But it turned out he was dumber than Chris Bourque and Parker cleaned out his locker before he ever got a chance to spear or slash one of his own teammates in practice. I guess if Jack didn't get rid of him the team GPA would have been lowered so badly that he was threatened with double secret probation by school president Bobby Brown and part of that penalty was that Jack's liquor cabinet would be emptied. Naturally, we know what JAck's choice was. Duh!

Anyway, the younger Gerbe is now in the pros somwhere, where he magically changed his ways just like Gionta, Pat Eaves, his brother Nate, Ryan Shannon, Andrew Alberts, Brooks Orpik, Brian Gibbons, Cam Atkinson, Chris Collins, and every other BC player that was good at the college level. It's MAGIC!!!!!!!!! Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old, hostile ways. It would be a shame to see stories in the paper about him kicking someone's face in outside of a bar.

Leave a comment:

• KnightsOfTheRound
    replied

DeSmith looked good last night. The first goal was a 2 on 1 situation where he didn't really have a chance and he only really misplayed the puck on the second goal. Still, a great performance for the first-time starter against a ranked team. He could have easily been the winning goaltender last night under slightly different circumstances

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

I guess the fact that we just saw a tight 2-1 game against long time 'rival' BU with the debut start of a local kid in net, who did a pretty solid job, and we've had ZERO comments from UNH fans on here says it all.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    Read that Downing took a stick to mid section last saturday in the 3rd and that is why he is out, I don't remember seeing it
    Does Gerbe have a younger brother playing for Lowell?

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied
    Glad you enjoyed your trip up.
    I was impressed overall with DeSmith. He was a little over agressive at times which cost him on the 2nd goal but overall he was solid against a very skilled team.

That said, the third period was so weird. It was like someone sapped all of the energy out of the building. The fans were silent, BU was content icing the puck. It was the most boring, uninspired 3rd period of a 2-1 game between 2 supposed rivals I've ever seen. Kind of a downer to go into the break on that note...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X