• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felger
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    UNH09, your sarcasm is pretty thick, but perhaps you were at a bar getting a head start on the New Year's celebration when you posted, so I'll cut you some slack and pretend that you had trouble with my sentence content (although I tried to use small words.)

In any event, I'll repeat what I said in my key sentence, verbatim: I say give DeSmith the job and let Digi earn it back. The other sentences talked about how he was a good goalie last year, saved UNH's butt too many times to attribute to luck, and he needs to find where his game went, because right now, it appears that our 3 goalies are DeSmith, Digi, and Wyer (who just had knee surgery.) We need Digi (and for him to play well and with confidence.) So, as to your insinuative comment about having my "head in the sand"...?
    You claim to have been at the Whitt last night so I'll cut you some slack, but I really wonder what game you were watching. There was ZERO passion, ZERO intensity, in the whole building during the first two periods. Part of the reason that the 'Cats didn't get called for a penalty during the first 50 minutes was that they couldn't be bothered to commit one. It would have taken too much effort. You rarely get a second chance to make a first impression, but they had a chance to jump start a thus far disappointing season last night and failed to show up. It wasn't until the third period, following the goalie change, that there was any sense of life either on the ice or in the stands. When DeSmith stopped the penalty shot I thought for sure UNH would rally for the win and, perhaps foolishly, thought it might be a defining moment in an otherwise forgettable season. Unfortunately Digorlamo has become UNH's version of John Lackey, putting the Cats in situations that demoralize the entire team and fanbase. (Note the body language both on the ice and in the stands.) I think the fan reaction would have been interesting last night if Francona, I mean Umile, had pulled Digorlamo immediately after the third goal rather than doing it quietly between periods. Probably did the kid another favor.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    Judging by the attendance figures at your games this year, there isn't much traffic around your rink on gamedays anymore. Maybe I'll play in traffic there. Seems like its the safest place to be.
    Though you're a BC fan, you do realize there were more people at the game last night than the four Brown games combined in the first semester, right?

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

Originally posted by hockey east fan View Post
    Thanks for the info....now go play in traffic.
    Judging by the attendance figures at your games this year, there isn't much traffic around your rink on gamedays anymore. Maybe I'll play in traffic there. Seems like its the safest place to be.

Leave a comment:

• hockey east fan
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    Dont you understand that your team is "middle of the road" at best yourself?
    Thanks for the info....now go play in traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

[QUOTE=Mosrite;5307499 if they can't beat "middle of the road" teams like Brown at home, how are they going to beat Merrimack, PC, and BC??[/QUOTE]

Dont you understand that your team is "middle of the road" at best yourself?

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

"Brown Out The Whitt"

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Well, cannot sink much lower than that game tonight. Huge error on Umile's part in not starting DeSmith, in my opinion. Digi's first two goals were horrendous, but the third was a defensive snafu in front of him. I thought that except for maybe five minutes in the middle of the third, the Cats offense was sleep walking all night, despite the number of shots, which were mostly soft. And, if Moses could have buried even one or two of his five open net chances right in front, perhaps UNH could have at least picked up a point with a tie tonight. My "rose-colored glasses" from an earlier post are much cloudier now. See you at Fenway next Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
    DiGi in net is working so well right now that a change is completely unnecessary... I guess when there is no snow in NH the fans can bury their heads in the sand still...
    UNH09, your sarcasm is pretty thick, but perhaps you were at a bar getting a head start on the New Year's celebration when you posted, so I'll cut you some slack and pretend that you had trouble with my sentence content (although I tried to use small words.)

In any event, I'll repeat what I said in my key sentence, verbatim: I say give DeSmith the job and let Digi earn it back. The other sentences talked about how he was a good goalie last year, saved UNH's butt too many times to attribute to luck, and he needs to find where his game went, because right now, it appears that our 3 goalies are DeSmith, Digi, and Wyer (who just had knee surgery.) We need Digi (and for him to play well and with confidence.) So, as to your insinuative comment about having my "head in the sand"...?
    Last edited by goblue; 12-30-2011, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mosrite
    replied

***IN DIGI WE TRUST*** hahaha. I agree with Felger...DiGi needs to ride the pine until he gets his confidence back. DeSmith looked great tonight, especially on the Brown penalty shot. It's too bad he had to get thrown into the game to try and save UNH's bacon, which was too little too late.

Unfortunately....and call me a naysayer....we may be seeing the beginning of prolonged death spiral over the next few weeks. Not saying that the 'Cats may be able to steal a game or two, but if they can't beat "middle of the road" teams like Brown at home, how are they going to beat Merrimack, PC, and BC?? I'm tired of reading player quotes about "yeah, we need to play a 60-minute game, blah blah blah," when they haven't played a 60 minute game all season. I blame it on the Harvard fiasco in November; they've never really recovered from that game.

Injuries and a dearth of team leadership aren't going to turn this season around any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• UNH09
    replied

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    Ouch. That's pretty drastic and absolute. I say give DeSmith the job and let Digi earn it back. He was a d-mned good goalie last year and made the difference in a lot of games. It couldn't have been a fluke. He's got to find his mojo (maybe the USCHO ranking as #1 goaltender at beginning of year was too big a burden?) Anyway, we need the guy, as far as I'm concerned.
    DiGi in net is working so well right now that a change is completely unnecessary... I guess when there is no snow in NH the fans can bury their heads in the sand still...

Leave a comment:

• UNHhockey29
    replied

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    in fashion news... will UNH be wearing anything new at Fenway, like BC and BU did?did curious.
    We will be in the road blues.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Felger View Post
    At this point the only start left in Digorlamo's career should be on Senior Night...
    Ouch. That's pretty drastic and absolute. I say give DeSmith the job and let Digi earn it back. He was a d-mned good goalie last year and made the difference in a lot of games. It couldn't have been a fluke. He's got to find his mojo (maybe the USCHO ranking as #1 goaltender at beginning of year was too big a burden?) Anyway, we need the guy, as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

At this point the only start left in Digorlamo's career should be on Senior Night...

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

That was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• WIrinkrat
    replied

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
    Do you know the definition of insanity?
    fortunately, I do. I also know it is not a coincidence that UNH finally showed up to play in the 3rd period once the switch was made.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X