2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

The Moses goal was a thing of beauty the entire transition up the ice. Hopefully Moses nets his 100th career point during Sunday's game.

No matter what happens on Sunday it is fun to see how the team has progressed towards the end of the season. Regardless of wins or losses down the stretch the quality of play and level of intensity throughout a full 60 minutes is completely different than it was over the first half of the season. Continue this level of play and have a few players become more confident goal finishers and I could see this team as legitimate contenders in HE next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Regardless who wins game 2, and the series, the Kipp to Goumas behind the back pass to Moses left top shelf goal was the sweetest that I have seen all year.
      Moses's goal made it on Sportscenter's Top Ten Plays (#10), which ESPN has been airing this morning.

Comment

Between the lines:

~ Casey DeSmith looked a half-second slower than usual during warmups. Didn't play his best game.

~ Grayson Downing was still on the third line with Block (center) and Willows (RW) but he was reunited with Burke and Henrion a couple of times on the power play.

~ In the third period, Jeff Silengo was knocked down hard in the neutral zone. He got up in obvious pain and appeared to be favoring his shoulder.

~ Casey Thrush, who had been a regular on the Block-Willows line and had played in 30 regular season games, hasn't yet played in the playoffs.

~ Stevie Moses' snipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfG_VepxE1M
        Last edited by C-H-C; 03-11-2012, 09:06 AM.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
          Moses's goal made it on Sportscenter's Top Ten Plays (#10), which ESPN has been airing this morning.
          Hope that the entire play was shown, as I think that it was the passing of Kipp and especially Goumas that made the play. Of course, I am pleased that Moses finished the play, as it had been a while.

Comment

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcatsg

looking forward to making my first trip donw to Agganis for game 3 tonight, and hopefully to be making the trip back down to Boston next Friday after a win tonight. Thinking might see Thrush back in the line up to give a little burst of speed and Downing back in the 2nd line. Hoping the boys but in a great effort and play the game of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Hope that the entire play was shown, as I think that it was the passing of Kipp and especially Goumas that made the play. Of course, I am pleased that Moses finished the play, as it had been a while.
              I believe ESPN started the play in the neutral zone. They definitely highlighted the awesome pass from Goumas though!

Comment

I thought Friday's game was immense for the team because they've played hard all year and have not had much to show for it on the road and especially against BU. They do belong in this tournament. I'm hoping that Umile comes up with some of the aforementioned superb coaching and hands BU a big surprise.
                "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                Larry David

Comment

Well, a disappointing end to a thrilling game, and not so thrilling season. Best of luck to all the UNH seniors as you move forward through the next phase of your life.
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Well over all the season was a disappointment, but can't argue that they did not go out with out a fight. There were many disappointment this season from the early problem in net to the lack of scoring in the 2nd half. But **** proud of the way went out, I know that is hard to say, but the way the year went it could have easily gone the other way and gone out with out a fight. But I can say that I see a lot of promise in the future, the young guys really stepped up and started to take a bigger role in the team, and I really love the way DeSmith played better as he played more.

So best of luck to the Seniors, thanks for 4 years of playing hard and leaving it all on the ice, have nothing to be ashamed of at all. I just hope those who bailed on the team this year can see the potential in next years team, I for one am all ready looking forward to October.

Comment

Lot of character on that team. Great support fron UNH fans. Results aside, that was a series that will be talked about for a long time to come.
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

What nifty and goblue said. I am looking forward to next season. Best wishes, seniors.

Comment

"UNH & BU in Heavyweight Marathon"
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            Congrats on a tremendous series...neither team deserved to lose that game last night. I was just commenting on the other thread that from a league perspective, they can't be thrilled about the matchups as it applies to attendance. BU and BC (given that they are right in town) don't bring anywhere NEAR as many fans as they should, and you sure won't get many from Providence. The only team that travels well is Maine. If UNH were there they would bring thousands as well, and it will be weird to not have them there.

In any event, the BU/UNH rivalry is a great one with pedigree, history and tradition, and I expect that to continue next year! Good luck and see you next year!!

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                              *****http://www.joshgibney.com/mosesbugoal.jpg******

Comment

While this is none of my business, I'm curious about something. IMO, you UNH fans have to want to see Umile fired at this point, right? I mean the team hasn't gotten any better over the last decade. If anything they've gotten worse, and now despite a nice effort its still a first round HE playoff loss. Believe it or not, I happen to like the UNH fans that I've met despite my well documented antipathy for the state itself. Do any of you see things getting better with him still at the helm? If so, why?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X