Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    And, yet, UNH with 99 G (3.00 GPG) is still 6th in Hockey East. So, with 34 G by seniors, I do not see that as a catastrophic loss of offensive production going into next season. Gotta like what Downing has done as a freshman, and if Speelman can come back, I do not think that offensive production will be the biggest concern next year. It seemed to me that it was just as much defensive lapses and inconsistent goal tending that led to many close losses this year. Perhaps Sorkin, Gomas, or Downing can break into double digit goals for the season in our last game against Maine next weekend, although a win would be much better.
    Since when is 6th place (29th in PWR) anything to get excited about - especially when you'll likely finish a point or two away from being in 9th or 10 place? And lets face it, the bottom half of the league this year isn't exactly strong, but hey, if you're happy with 6th place, I agree, you have a good shot at 6th again next year, so cheers to you!
    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 02-26-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Since when is 6th place (29th in PWR) anything to get excited about - especially when you'll likely finish a point or two away from being in 9th or 10 place? And lets face it, the bottom half of the league this year isn't exactly strong, but hey, if you're happy with 6th place, I agree, you have a good shot at 6th again next year, so cheers to you!
      People who watched this team back in October and November should be happy with 6th place because, back then, it looked like they would find a way to lose just about every game that they played. UNH is not talented by any stretch compared to teams in the immediate past, let along those of 10+ years ago. However I found encouragement since the first of the year in the way they competed in most games. Frankly, they are not talented enough to force their will on other teams. But they have solid goaltending with DeSmith and an improved defense which makes them competitive in just about every game they have played in the last two months. Of course, with their lack of scoring punch and dismal road record, it is hard for me to see them knocking off anybody in the quarterfinals. But I have a bit more hope than I did two months ago, that's for sure. At least I have a reason to go to the games.

As for next year, I'll worry about that come October. Cheers!

Comment

Thank you for your concern..Did you take a lot of crap having the name Carlton??..Musta been a brutal childhood....cheers to you too..

Comment

Who feels like losing to Maine this weekend? You guys? Alrighty then! Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
            As for next year, I'll worry about that come October. Cheers!
            Unfortunament it seem like dat when Dicks Umile start worry about it now to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
              Unfortunament it seem like dat when Dicks Umile start worry about it now to.
              Nice to ear from somebody in the no..... where u ben all ear??????????????

Comment

When UNH wins an RS as they've done, I dunno 3 or 4 times, everybody says it's a meaningless trophy. When UNH finishes 6 or 7, well that's "nothing to get excited about." I'm not saying 6th or 7th is anything to write home about but you can't have it both ways

I'm encouraged with how UNH is competing right now and obviously the pressure is off. I disagree with you about the bottom half with the exception of maybe UVM though. The tournament is BC's and BU's to lose and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if either team loses it.
                Last edited by e.cat; 03-01-2012, 06:15 PM.
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Well 48 hours to a Maine game and very quiet. I am looking forward to the game and see how they respond up in Maine on Senior night after a lost, be a good test for DeSmith going into the playoffs. I am not ready to write this team off come playoff time, knowing it will be a huge challenge, but we have all seen stranger things. Like to see a win and hopefully get the 6th seed and a little momentum going into the playoffs . I for one would like to see the year continue, and put off hearing from the yahoo's who have been quiet all year but will come out once the season is over with stupid opinions, I can almost set my watch to who it will be and when they will chime in. A true fan would be here all year watching the team and supporting them, and yes criticizing them when they need it, but they would be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                    I for one would like to see the year continue, and put off hearing from the yahoo's who have been quiet all year but will come out once the season is over with stupid opinions, I can almost set my watch to who it will be and when they will chime in. A true fan would be here all year watching the team and supporting them, and yes criticizing them when they need it, but they would be here.
                    Rabbit Poriveau (aka Nick P.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Rabbit Poriveau (aka Nick P.)?
                      Well that thing to, was thinking a so call UNH "fan" who likes to talk about fashion tips and fish

Comment

Pretty quiet indeed. I don't have much to say that isn't a given -- I really really want to win on Saturday. Maine is going to come out flying obviously. We need to put up 4 or 5 goals to have a chance. Will Stevie hit 100 points?

Comment

I'm a bad fan... hoping for win, loss, or tie, whichever matches the Wildcats with Lowell in the playoffs so I can jump over the border to see the games.

Comment

Originally posted by smitre View Post
                            I'm a bad fan... hoping for win, loss, or tie, whichever matches the Wildcats with Lowell in the playoffs so I can jump over the border to see the games.
                            That makes two of us. I want to see this team play live a few more times and the Tsongas Arena will have plenty of tickets.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Please beat Maine. Thanks. I'm a Merrimack and a Maine fan and I'd love to not have to drive the 3.5 hours to Orono to watch them play.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                                That makes two of us. I want to see this team play live a few more times and the Tsongas Arena will have plenty of tickets.
                                I am right there with you!! Hope to be make the treck to Lowell next week and seeing some more action

Comment

Working...
                                X