Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    So true, sigh. This Cats team is much better than they appear to be on paper. OT losses are hard to take, especially against the average teams. They have played well against the better teams in HE this season, except for BU. So, I like their chances 2 out of 3 in the first round if they can avoid Agganis.
    Didn't UNH get swept by BC?
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      Didn't UNH get swept by BC?
      Not really.

UNH got a moral victory at Conte when they had a lead with a few minutes left in regulation.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So true, sigh. This Cats team is much better than they appear to be on paper. OT losses are hard to take, especially against the average teams. They have played well against the better teams in HE this season, except for BU. So, I like their chances 2 out of 3 in the first round if they can avoid Agganis.
        I will ignore the trolls in here.
        I agree, I have been saying that for awhile. They have played their best games against BC and Merrimack, and not so hot against the teams they are fighting with now. Hopefully if they can get in they turn it up to match that intense play they seem to have against the top teams, in a 2 out of 3 never know what can happen, take that first game and it’s an interesting series. Hopefully being in playoff mode for awhile now will pay off come March. [/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Not really.

UNH got a moral victory at Conte when they had a lead with a few minutes left in regulation.
          Hey, Nick. We will take even moral victories this season. At least we did not get blown out in those BC games this year, like we did hosting Brown.

Comment

"Casey DeSmith & UNH Clinch Playoff Berth"
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

We will take even moral victories this season. At least we did not get blown out in those BC games this year, like we did hosting Brown.
              Forget about the 5-1 loss to BC this year at the Whitt?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Nobody has questioned the vast superiority of BC. Will that suffice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Nobody has questioned the vast superiority of BC. Will that suffice?

Comment

I think it was Bill Parcells who said, "You are who your record says you are." Unfortunately, I think those late and overtime losses tell us pretty accurately who this team is. Some really great guys on this squad, but a killer team in sheep's clothing they ain't.

At least after last night's game, they are guaranteed the opportunity to prove me wrong.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Yeah, I know. But, that was back in October. Milner was sensational that night, DiGi and the D-men not so good.

Comment

So to get the 6 seed we need some help....

...but would 6 or 7 be better?
                        UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                          So to get the 6 seed we need some help....

...but would 6 or 7 be better?
                          I say whatever position brings us to play UML. (And having said that, also remember the adage about being careful what you wish for...)

Realistically, though, the mere fact that we made the HE playoffs has matched my hopes/expectations for this season. It would be good to see us play somebody at the Garden, but with a dismal road record, this year's bus won't get us that far, methinks.
                          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Pretty scary that UNH only has one guy that's reached the 10 goal plateau this late in the season - plus the fact that he's gone next year.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              Pretty scary that UNH only has one guy that's reached the 10 goal plateau this late in the season - plus the fact that he's gone next year.
                              And, yet, UNH with 99 G (3.00 GPG) is still 6th in Hockey East. So, with 34 G by seniors, I do not see that as a catastrophic loss of offensive production going into next season. Gotta like what Downing has done as a freshman, and if Speelman can come back, I do not think that offensive production will be the biggest concern next year. It seemed to me that it was just as much defensive lapses and inconsistent goal tending that led to many close losses this year. Perhaps Sorkin, Gomas, or Downing can break into double digit goals for the season in our last game against Maine next weekend, although a win would be much better.

Comment

FWIW, ESPN rumor mill says that the Bruins are considering trading for Daniel Winnik (among others)
                                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Working...
                                X