Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    nor should they, you guys have had an impressive year, and are relevant for the first time since Roloson, and UNH has been downright bad at times.

That said, I still hope UNH plays UML in the quarterfinals since it'll be easy to get to those games, and I love watching games in your arena. Some revenge for 2001 would be a bonus too Good luck the rest of the way!
    good luck as well!
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Bring on UML

Comment

4 HUGE points this weekend, not the best hockey they have played either, but take all the points they can get. Now all eyes turn to NU and hopefully 2 more big points next Friday, going to need to come out strong once again, but hopefully play 60 minutes. Still think they played better against Merrimack and BC then this weekend, if they play with that intesity should hopefully get the W. Do like look at the national stats and seeing DeSmith #8 in the country in save %

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
          4 HUGE points this weekend,
          MC beating UMass with two seconds to go didn't hurt either, would like as much cushion as possible going into the last couple weeks of the season
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
            MC beating UMass with two seconds to go didn't hurt either, would like as much cushion as possible going into the last couple weeks of the season
            it's also good that they have head to head games with NU and UMass left, and having 2 home games left with UVM should, in theory, help them too. Hopefully they can get enough points to stay in 6th place. Either way, they're playing a little better, and DeSmith has been more than solid, while gaining a lot of experience. Hopefully it bodes well for the future...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              it's also good that they have head to head games with NU and UMass left, and having 2 home games left with UVM should, in theory, help them too. Hopefully they can get enough points to stay in 6th place. Either way, they're playing a little better, and DeSmith has been more than solid, while gaining a lot of experience. Hopefully it bodes well for the future...
              Do like they have thier fate in thier own hands, makes for a little less scoreboard watching. Think DeSmith is getting better every game, more and more I see him the more and more I feel good about the next couple of years, to go with Downing, Trush, Willows and TVR this freshman class is looking pretty decent

Comment

(Ohio State Head Coach) Osiecki said after the game that Ohio State’s second leading scorer, Danny Dries, was suspended for a violation of team rules following a meeting with the coaching staff and Ohio State administrators. Osiecki said the suspension is indefinite and did not know when or if Dries would return for the season.

Dries transferred to Ohio State after being booted from New Hampshire in 2009 two days before the NCAA Tournament. Dries missed both contests this weekend against MSU.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/02/...#ixzz1ldi2zu8d
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

If they could win out the regular season, including big pwr point opportuntities with Mac and Maine, could they perhaps receive a NCAA bid by getting into the championship HE tourney game?

Comment

Wow, not even a change of scenery /coaches could straighten out this kid. Scholarship $$$ hard at work once again! (assuming he has such!)
                    sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

So, um, anything to discuss? Back up in 6th place, is that best case scenario for the Cats? Couple of big games this weekend, what are the thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        If they could win out the regular season, including big pwr point opportuntities with Mac and Maine, could they perhaps receive a NCAA bid by getting into the championship HE tourney game?
                        I haven't done any math but my gut says to get to the NCAAs this year it is via winning the HE Championship. Could be wrong but i don't think even winning out would do it. Particularly when you look at the "favorable" schedule - the 5 against NU, UMass, VT, (8,9,10) aren't going to help. Now Maine and Merrimack will along with 1st and 2nd round HE (5 good games) but the whole is deep.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                          I haven't done any math but my gut says to get to the NCAAs this year it is via winning the HE Championship. Could be wrong but i don't think even winning out would do it. Particularly when you look at the "favorable" schedule - the 5 against NU, UMass, VT, (8,9,10) aren't going to help. Now Maine and Merrimack will along with 1st and 2nd round HE (5 good games) but the whole is deep.
                          Yep - auto qualify or bust at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Well, the idealist in me says "Sure, we can make it again to the NCAAs -- by winning 2 out of 3 in the HE quarters on the road (home ice isn't in the cards this year), and then winning both games at the Garden. It could happen" The realist says "What are you talking about? Winning on the road? It's been hard enough to win at home. And if you think the Cats could win 2 at the Garden, you're drunker than I thought."

I'm going with the realist -- there will be no playoff swoon this year (Though I'd love to see us play the spoiler as UVM did against us last year -- in which case we're at the Garden and playing with the house's money.)
                            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

"UNH Hockey: Weekend Preview"
                              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

As they say in Major League “Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do” : Win the whole f’ing thing.” Not counting on it thought but would be nice.
                                But on to this weekend looking forward to a good weekend of hockey, hopefully the team is up for it and realizes what is on the line Friday night. Do have to say I have been impressed with the students this year, would think with a down year that they would not be into as much but they have been pretty good, hopefully will be really loud Friday night and really give the home ice advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X