2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Late notice, but UNH's DC alumni group is hosting a gamewatch tonight at Old Dominion Brewhouse near Mt. Vernon Square (under the Convention Center). First of the year, good turnout expected.

They're holding events on the 3rd and 11th of February, as well.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Heartbreaking final 3:05 mins.... UNH got outplayed for most of the game (understatement), but we worked hard to somehow get the lead... but when we had the lead.. we just couldn't keep it.. we have to get a W tomorrow..
      Surprised Thrush didn't play..

I feel like UNH had two fourth lines tonight... put Thrush on the wing with McCarey and Borisenok... line 3

I thought Willows had some bright spots tonight.. maybe Umile sees it too? He made a nice steal for a 2-1 opportunity. I feel like by Jr. year he'll be a decent contributor.

Comment

UNH hitting the post in the last few seconds after that last face off pretty much tells the tale of that game. Very frustrating after taking the lead late as they did. I just had a bad feeling though when Block took that penalty that BC would make the Cats pay and they did in short order. UNH is now on the bubble for the last playoff spot with NU nipping at their heels. We'll see if UNH can rally tomorrow night.

Comment

It's like freakin groundhog day. The same lazy plays resulting in stupid losses over and over and over and over.

Those last two goals were just a combination of absolute inexcusable laziness and lack of awareness. The better team obviously won tonight, but even after all that they had a chance to close the game out as they have so many other times this year....and like so many times before they just tinkled it away with laziness and inattention to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
            It's like freakin groundhog day. The same lazy plays resulting in stupid losses over and over and over and over.

Those last two goals were just a combination of absolute inexcusable laziness and lack of awareness. The better team obviously won tonight, but even after all that they had a chance to close the game out as they have so many other times this year....and like so many times before they just tinkled it away with laziness and inattention to detail.
            Yup. It seems to me that these bad habits started a few years ago, and have now become de rigeur -- I'm afraid that such play (unwillingness to play physical, fundamentally poor defense at times -- viz a viz Kostolansky last night, finding their game too late and/or abandoning it too early in a contest, and certainly as you describe -- laziness and lack of awareness -- etc. etc.) has permeated Wildcat team culture. And except for Stevie, it seems to me we have become a sloooowwwww skating team. And maybe that has to do with the apparent lack of awareness -- uncertainty of what to do when you gain possession of the puck. And let's not even talk about their difficulty with face-offs or power plays.

This has been a pretty abrupt tumble in the standings from where we have been for many years, but I believe that the causal factors have been building tectonically for the last several.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
              . The same lazy plays resulting in stupid losses over and over and over and over.

Those last two goals were just a combination of absolute inexcusable laziness and lack of awareness. ...and like so many times before they just tinkled it away with laziness and inattention to detail.
              when i read this i thought it was a very accurate analysis of BC's play over the last 2 1/2 months..................not many sellouts at the Whitt this year but do any of you know if tonight is?

Comment

Not going to win many games with only 13 shots in 63 minutes; when was the last time this team was so offensively challenged?

Comment

Unbelievable.. Lots of thoughts..

In short -
                  - McCarey has become very effective defensively.. infact that line looked pretty good tonight.
                  - I know Borisenok isn't a huge offensive talent, but he has 5 goals (4th on the team not far from 2nd) on the 4th line this year... perhaps it's time to try him with the top two lines again.. there was chemistry with the Go-Bo-Mo last year.
                  - BC loves passing from the point across the goal to the open player on the opposite side... IE Gaudreau/Almedia.. UNH could/should 1) pick up on this and work on better coverage 2) do it more themselves
                  - Milner was shakey at times... more pucks on net.. there were plenty of times where they had the opportunity for a shot and chose pass instead.. many times resulted in no shot.

Go cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Not going to win many games with only 13 shots in 63 minutes; when was the last time this team was so offensively challenged?
                    The Cats had more SOG than that. Try 31.

Once again, taking a penalty at the worst possible time. BC smelled blood, game over. UNH is now on the outside looking in for HE playoffs. Could be a blessing in disguise at this point, but we'll see how they do next weekend. The season to forget rolls on.....

Comment

"UNH Plays 7th-Ranked BC Even; Comes Up Empty"
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                        The Cats had more SOG than that. Try 31.
                        Friday night they had 13 sog

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                          Friday night they had 13 sog
                          Noted

Comment

Is there anyone with an "All Access" pass to UNHWildcats.tv that wouldn't mind sharing their login info with me? I bought the game last night and watched it but I'm a little upset that they only allow "All Access" subscribers to see the archive...

Email me at grant dot salzano at gmail.com

Thanks guys
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                              Once again, taking a penalty at the worst possible time. BC smelled blood, game over. UNH is now on the outside looking in for HE playoffs. Could be a blessing in disguise at this point, but we'll see how they do next weekend. The season to forget rolls on.....
                              My problem with the penalty was the same trip they let go 5 seconds before it on Mosses, but nothing they can do about it now

The postive is that they do have thier own fate in thier hands with games agasint the teams they are fighting with left, who would have thought the biggest games of the year would be against Providence, NU and UMass. If they play like they did SAtuday night they should have a good chance and as I see it can move up to #6 if they play thier best. If they do that never know can make some noise.

Comment

A couple of interesting quotes from Sunday's Union Leader article:

“We could have won both games and we lost both games,” Umile said. “That’s the hard part to handle. It’s disappointing. . . . Now we’ve just got to get in the playoffs because I think we’re a good team. But who knows if we can get in?”

Huh?

“A call like that in overtime, it wasn't good to see,” said UNH captain Mike Borisenok. “Even with that said, there were definitely opportunities for a makeup call, but we didn’t get it.”

Am I correctly interpreting that it has come to this?

Complete article: http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...ORTS/701299958
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X