Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    I can't imagine that Merrimack would ever be the home team if we play them at the Verizon. That would be weird and make no sense.
    Tonight is a Maine home game, so UNH only has to go to Orono for 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
      Tonight is a Maine home game, so UNH only has to go to Orono for 1.
      Correct. Not sure that that related to Merrimack playing at the Verizon though...
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        @chantelMmccabe
        DeSmith will start in net for the Cats tomorrow vs Maine, Umile just announced in presser. #hockeyeast
        My excitement level for the game has increased.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          @chantelMmccabe
          DeSmith will start in net for the Cats tomorrow vs Maine, Umile just announced in presser. #hockeyeast
          Big stage for the Freshman, looks like its his job to lose now.

Comment

As a UNH fan I'm thrilled and equally happy for DeSmith. But it also speaks volumes about the coaching staff's lack of confidence in Digiorlamo. He's what 4-0 against Maine in his career? And he doesn't get this start? Like Nifty said, it appears its now the kid's job to lose, hopefully tonight is the turning point in a lousy season.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

QUOTE=UNH09;5311792]
              You want to see some empty seats, go to the Verizon on the 14th... Padded fabric will be watching the Big Green and Cats play. I think the fan base is slowly rejecting games in Manchester, and with attendance down overall this game may not make sense anymore...[/QUOTE]

This, in fact, is the last Dartmouth game at the Verizon. No official announcement but it was inevitable as attendance has pretty much dropped every year since the first game in 2001. I remember that game because there was a picture in SI of the crowd standing during the national anthem post 9/11. For the life of me I do not understand a game vs. the Mack (or any other HE team for that matter) at Manchester. Nothing like giving up our home ice advantage, especially now since it appears we have little else.

Glad to see DeSmith starting in net. Really, the month of January is UNH's last stand for this year. They have a total of 6 games vs. Maine, Providence, Merrimack (2) and BC (2) this month. They really have to go no worse than 3-3 to have a chance of assuring that they make the playoffs. February is a bit easier but they can't wait until then. They have to establish some scoring touch and consistency. Tonight would be a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH
                Its possible that it could be a home game for the Mack, its just a short drive from North Andover for those folks.
                Its a year UNH host a regional, so I highly doubt that the Mack would be host as UNH use it as a prep game for the regionals, I would actaully rather see it as a doulbe header with the Mack in one game and UNH in the other, but that is me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                  Its a year UNH host a regional, so I highly doubt that the Mack would be host as UNH use it as a prep game for the regionals, I would actaully rather see it as a doulbe header with the Mack in one game and UNH in the other, but that is me.
                  A double header is a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post

This, in fact, is the last Dartmouth game at the Verizon. No official announcement but it was inevitable as attendance has pretty much dropped every year since the first game in 2001. I remember that game because there was a picture in SI of the crowd standing during the national anthem post 9/11. For the life of me I do not understand a game vs. the Mack (or any other HE team for that matter) at Manchester. Nothing like giving up our home ice advantage, especially now since it appears we have little else.
                    The picture in Sports Illustrated was not from 2001, and had nothing to do with 9/11. It was from 2003, when UNH played Maine a few hours after the space shuttle broke up over Texas and there was a moment of silence before the game.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      The picture in Sports Illustrated was not from 2001, and had nothing to do with 9/11. It was from 2003, when UNH played Maine a few hours after the space shuttle broke up over Texas and there was a moment of silence before the game.
                      That would be correct, I remember that. 9/11 would have been 4 month before the game. THe Shuttle was the morning of the Maine game

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        A double header is a great idea
                        Think that would be more fun and different, maybe UNH-Lowell and Merrimack-Dartmouth? Thay way have the 4 "local" teams playing

Comment

If you get a chance to watch the Senators-Flyers highlights from last night, check out the errant elbow to the head that Bobby Butler (who had a goal; should have scored in OT as well) throws at James van Riemsdyk. Wonder if there are some residual issues from the UNH days?! Not nice....

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                            That would be correct, I remember that. 9/11 would have been 4 month before the game. THe Shuttle was the morning of the Maine game
                            a year and 5 months almost

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                              a year and 5 months almost
                              I was thinking the Dartmouth game, couldnt remember when those start in Manchester

Comment

"UNH Forces Overtime at Frozen Fenway"
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X