Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Someone said the same thing about a certain Stanley Cup winning goalie in June...
    Exactly. That was an easy save for LOLuongo I liked what I saw from the kid last night, there were no awful goals which we've seen several of the last few games.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      Exactly. That was an easy save for LOLuongo I liked what I saw from the kid last night, there were no awful goals which we've seen several of the last few games.
      Not to throw a short tangent into the thread, but this video applies way too well.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
        Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?
        Radio last night pregame said Wyer has a lower body injury undefined, but it was implied it is a strain and getting better.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I guess the fact that we just saw a tight 2-1 game against long time 'rival' BU with the debut start of a local kid in net, who did a pretty solid job, and we've had ZERO comments from UNH fans on here says it all.
          Let's start the season over on December 30th with DeSmith in net. Perhaps UNH can score more than one goal against the Brown Bears. I believe that this season will be the first time that UNH has played two different Bears teams in back-back-back games.

Comment

Anyone else want to guess the outcome of the ECAC game right after the break?
            Last edited by i'zonprize; 12-09-2011, 02:56 PM.
            GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
              Well from the video replay, it looks like Willows passes the puck up to Thrush, who skates it up, and passes to Agosta for a goal (the first goal). I'm not reading this on the scoresheet though
              This is from a few pages back- but the video is still on the HE home site- That looks like it should be Willow's first career point for sure. They have given that assist to Moses, so they do acknowledge that someone on UNH gets the puck to Thrush - Moses did not appear to be on the ice at the time of the play. I'm not sure that it's so much confusing, as it's appears to be a clear error. Hopefully someone can correct that.
              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Let's start the season over on December 30th with DeSmith in net. Perhaps UNH can score more than one goal against the Brown Bears. I believe that this season will be the first time that UNH has played two different Bears teams in back-back-back games.
                1. Lets! (Hey, why not? He earned another shot, and Digi has had plenty of chances to start.)
                2. Perhaps.
                3. Da Brown Bears? Da Black Bears? Our best chance may be against da Teddy Bears .

Gotta hope that this all works our for the best.
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                  Anyone else want to guess the outcome of the ECAC game right after the break?
                  Some friends over in Ithaca said that Brown is a force to be reckoned with this year.
                  Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
                    Some friends over in Ithaca said that Brown is a force to be reckoned with this year.
                    was that before or after they lost to AIC (3-0) and Holy Cross back to back?
                    http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/brow...key/2011-2012/
                    looks like they had a four game stretch where they scored total of 1 goal against RPI, Army, AIC, HC. they did rebound with a close loss at Yale and a win vs. Yale but when you go 0-2-1 vs. AHA teams scoring a total of 1 goal....
                    Last edited by WildShawn; 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

It was encouraging to see a lot of the issues in the UML series patched up. There was far less "dog to tennis ball" behavior on most of the BU charges. This gave UML an open man many times to receive either the rebound or the pass across the crease. The pass reception seemed to be improved upon from last weekend as well - a lot less fumbling or even flat out missing. It's also nice to see this change because it means I'm actually interpreting things somewhat accurately.

It was evident to me that these issues were focused on, because there was almost no offensive pizzazz. At first glance it seemed like they were playing transition hockey, then you look closer and realize that there was simply just no sustained control in the offensive zone. Besides, that style doesn't work when the other team is much faster than you. Speaking of, the NE/Union weekend worked so well because they took a faster team, and decided to hit them a lot. Turns out that slows guys down. It seems to me that if a fit and fast team is coming to your oversized rink, you might try to find ways to control the speed of the game.
                      Hit Somebody!

Comment

was that before or after they lost to AIC (3-0) and Holy Cross back to back?
                        http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/brow...key/2011-2012/
                        looks like they had a four game stretch where they scored total of 1 goal against RPI, Army, AIC, HC. they did rebound with a close loss at Yale and a win vs. Yale but when you go 0-2-1 vs. AHA teams scoring a total of 1 goal....
                        I didn't look too far into the claim. Keep in mind, these are Cornell fans. Anything over 2 goals a game or a strolling pace, and they poop themselves.
                        Hit Somebody!

Comment

What are UNH's chances of having home ice for the Hockey East 1/4s for the 16th straight year? (the only HE team with that distinction.) I'd say dismal. Going by last year, Merrimack was the 4th seed with a 16-8-3 record. To match that, the 'Cats would have to go 12-1-2 from here on out (our current record is 4-7-1, should anyone need reminding.) I won't bother to waste even more time looking at prior years.

I think this is the end of an impressive playoff run -- both in terms of HE as well as NCAA's. BU and BC remain relevant, and Merrimack and UML are ascendant. For those who have wished for changes in makeup of the "Big Four", it appears that MC will not be the only team to break in.

(And finally, who will rebound faster -- UNH or Maine?)
                          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            What are UNH's chances of having home ice for the Hockey East 1/4s for the 16th straight year? (the only HE team with that distinction.) I'd say dismal. Going by last year, Merrimack was the 4th seed with a 16-8-3 record. To match that, the 'Cats would have to go 12-1-2 from here on out (our current record is 4-7-1, should anyone need reminding.) I won't bother to waste even more time looking at prior years.

I think this is the end of an impressive playoff run -- both in terms of HE as well as NCAA's. BU and BC remain relevant, and Merrimack and UML are ascendant. For those who have wished for changes in makeup of the "Big Four", it appears that MC will not be the only team to break in.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Looking at the current HE standings this team may be lucky to even get to the Quarterfinal round. They still have 2 against BC and ME and 3 each against Mack and PC. All teams ahead of them. They have already lost the BU and UML series. I hope I'm wrong but I think this season is going to end very early.
                            Last edited by scoreboard; 12-10-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

just thought i'd drop in and say that looking at matt willows' high school stats cracks me up.. particularly because he played against schools i competed against (not in hockey). 70 goals in 23 games? *** is that.

incidentally, he is the only unh skater (including dmen) without a goal so far. odd.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                                I like this year's freshman class. The Cats will rebound fine next year, I think. I will be happy if they can at least grab the eighth spot and play a couple games in the HE 1/4s this year. Looks like the Woverines may miss this year's NCAA's also, although they did beat the Spartans tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X