Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

Awesome! Good luck to DeSmith, good to see a shakeup!
    A lot of people asked the same question; "who will be in net." Havent seen a game in weeks; has Matti really struggled enough to warrant that question?
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
      Providence has finals that day and asked to move it. Now why it's om a wednesday no idea.
      Also strange that still no mention on the USCHO schedule that the January 7th game at Maine is actually at Fenway Park.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        A lot of people asked the same question; "who will be in net." Havent seen a game in weeks; has Matti really struggled enough to warrant that question?
        Having only seen him in the two games they've played against BU, he was not at all impressive, and at times, bordered on flat out sucking.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Awesome! Good luck to DeSmith, good to see a shakeup!
          Interesting why to the #3 and not Wyer? Tebowing?

Comment

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
            Interesting why to the #3 and not Wyer? Tebowing?
            Umile said this morning that Wyer is hurt, he wasnt even dressed last SAturday night. Downing is also out with an injury. Looks like Camper is in, looks like the 4th line will be Camper, Willows and Thrush.

Comment

Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Also strange that still no mention on the USCHO schedule that the January 7th game at Maine is actually at Fenway Park.
                Never ever ever ever ever trust the USCHO schedules
                They usually grab the first draft of the schedule and unless someone mentions it to them directly, rarely have updated schedules

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                  Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?
                  Read that Downing took a stick to mid section last saturday in the 3rd and that is why he is out, I don't remember seeing it

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit to the Whitt last night (first time in years). Enjoyed a bit of good hockey talk with some UNH regulars that were sitting nearby, almost got Gnarls (is that the wildcats name?) to give me a high five, until he figured out I was a BU guy, and got out of there with a win in a game that really could have gone either way. The only downer was that I did not make it to Libby's for the freshly tapped clebration ale.

I was impressed with DeSmith in net... I'm assuming he earned more ice time after last nights performance?

I had forgotton how much nicer the arena is without all the luxury boxes seperating the concourse from the playing area. It definitely makes for a more bright and open atmosphere. Should have been something that they took into account a bit more at BU when they built Agganis.

Anyway, I definitely won't let that many years go by again before a return trip.... best of luck the rest of the way, looks like you may have found an answer between the pipes last night.

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed your trip up.
                      I was impressed overall with DeSmith. He was a little over agressive at times which cost him on the 2nd goal but overall he was solid against a very skilled team.

That said, the third period was so weird. It was like someone sapped all of the energy out of the building. The fans were silent, BU was content icing the puck. It was the most boring, uninspired 3rd period of a 2-1 game between 2 supposed rivals I've ever seen. Kind of a downer to go into the break on that note...

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                        Read that Downing took a stick to mid section last saturday in the 3rd and that is why he is out, I don't remember seeing it
                        Does Gerbe have a younger brother playing for Lowell?
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I guess the fact that we just saw a tight 2-1 game against long time 'rival' BU with the debut start of a local kid in net, who did a pretty solid job, and we've had ZERO comments from UNH fans on here says it all.

Comment

DeSmith looked good last night. The first goal was a 2 on 1 situation where he didn't really have a chance and he only really misplayed the puck on the second goal. Still, a great performance for the first-time starter against a ranked team. He could have easily been the winning goaltender last night under slightly different circumstances
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Does Gerbe have a younger brother playing for Lowell?
                              Didn't Chris Hansen give you the news on this?

Gerbe's younger brother was recruited by Parker and ended up at BU for a brief amount of time. But it turned out he was dumber than Chris Bourque and Parker cleaned out his locker before he ever got a chance to spear or slash one of his own teammates in practice. I guess if Jack didn't get rid of him the team GPA would have been lowered so badly that he was threatened with double secret probation by school president Bobby Brown and part of that penalty was that Jack's liquor cabinet would be emptied. Naturally, we know what JAck's choice was. Duh!

Anyway, the younger Gerbe is now in the pros somwhere, where he magically changed his ways just like Gionta, Pat Eaves, his brother Nate, Ryan Shannon, Andrew Alberts, Brooks Orpik, Brian Gibbons, Cam Atkinson, Chris Collins, and every other BC player that was good at the college level. It's MAGIC!!!!!!!!! Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old, hostile ways. It would be a shame to see stories in the paper about him kicking someone's face in outside of a bar.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He was a little over agressive at times which cost him on the 2nd goal
                                Someone said the same thing about a certain Stanley Cup winning goalie in June...

Comment

Working...
                                X