Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    That sounds like the best advice I've heard in a long time!
    Probably even better after rather than before games?

Comment

So, any chance UNH can pull off the upset tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Not to look beyond the next game, but Saturday night in Providence will not be a given W this year.

I will be back at Lake Whitt for the Brown game on the 30th.

So, the two Div 1 teams with the longest running number of appearances in the NCAA post-season, I think, appear to be in desperate straights at this point in the season.

Comment

Being a mathematician, I've been playing with the CHODR statistical model. I like it because in contrast to most models that assess wins and losses in one way or another, this one considers goals for and goals against.

CHODR predicts 3.61 BU to 3.50 UNH tomorrow night. Essentially a draw, with the slightest favor to BU
          A variant on the model that I've been working with which considers strictly away games for BU and strictly home games for UNH predicts 2.98 BU to 4.68 UNH.
          Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Not to look beyond the next game, but Saturday night in Providence will not be a given W this year.

I will be back at Lake Whitt for the Brown game on the 30th.

So, the two Div 1 teams with the longest running number of appearances in the NCAA post-season, I think, appear to be in desperate straights at this point in the season.
            The Providence game Saturday was moved to Wed, Jan 11, for some reason.
            http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2011-12/schedule
            Last edited by WildShawn; 12-07-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
              Being a mathematician, I've been playing with the CHODR statistical model. I like it because in contrast to most models that assess wins and losses in one way or another, this one considers goals for and goals against.

CHODR predicts 3.61 BU to 3.50 UNH tomorrow night. Essentially a draw, with the slightest favor to BU
              A variant on the model that I've been working with which considers strictly away games for BU and strictly home games for UNH predicts 2.98 BU to 4.68 UNH.
              Unfortunately, it doesn't consider trending things like recently awful goaltending as well as injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Probably even better after rather than before games?
                Why not both?!

Looking like plenty of tickets on ticketmaster.... but if there is a season ticket holder with 2 seats that can't use them, I'd be happy to take them off your hands and save the ticketmaster fees...

Comment

Why not both?!

Looking like plenty of tickets on ticketmaster.... but if there is a season ticket holder with 2 seats that can't use them, I'd be happy to take them off your hands and save the ticketmaster fees...
                  I have a hard time believing you couldn't find a pair at the door (maybe discounted from a season ticket holder looking to unload) or at the least at the box office w/out Ticketba stard charges

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                    The Providence game Saturday was moved to Wed, Jan 11, for some reason.
                    http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2011-12/schedule
                    Providence has finals that day and asked to move it. Now why it's om a wednesday no idea.
                    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I have a hard time believing you couldn't find a pair at the door (maybe discounted from a season ticket holder looking to unload) or at the least at the box office w/out Ticketba stard charges
                      I was guessing the box office will have them at gametime as well...

Have the games been selling out this year? I'm guessing though, that a midweek game between two up and down teams is not going to be the highest in ticket demmand.

Comment

I was guessing the box office will have them at gametime as well...

Have the games been selling out this year? I'm guessing though, that a midweek game between two up and down teams is not going to be the highest in ticket demmand.
                        Attendance has been disappointing so far this year. I think 4800 for the UML game on Saturday night.
                        scratch that, there were 4327

from the box scores, the attendances working backwards: (out of 6501)
                        UML: 4327
                        UAH: 4378
                        UML: 5664
                        Maine: 6501
                        UMass: 5244
                        Northeastern: 4280
                        Union: 4972
                        BC: 6501
                        Last edited by WildShawn; 12-07-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Tickets are always available out front...anybody that pays face value (nevermind fees) is a fool
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

DeSmith in net tonight, Downning out of the line up with an injury

Comment

speaking of nothing changes, why would the starting goaltender?
                              Casey DeSmith, a native of Rochester, NH, will get the start in net tonight for the Wildcats, according to Coach Umile this morning on Greg & The Morning Buzz.
                              http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...ith_casey_oiti

Don't forget to wear Blue . . .
                              I haven't been on here in a year...
                              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                                Casey DeSmith, a native of Rochester, NH, will get the start in net tonight for the Wildcats, according to Coach Umile this morning on Greg & The Morning Buzz.

Awesome! Good luck to DeSmith, good to see a shakeup!

Comment

Working...
                                X