2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

I have to agree with everyone about the defensive breakdowns on Saturday night, especially in the 3rd period. To many times the defense was caught flat footed and were skated around as if they were not there. I am not sure what has happened to Kostolansky this year but I might say he is the worst of the 6 D that has been dressed this year, with Kipp being behind him. With there being such inexcpreince on the Blue Line I was hoping they would step up thier game but I havent seen it. I have seen all the 3 "new" guys getting better, but still playing sloppy at times, and when it counts to many times. For me I question the leadership on the team, where are Kipp and Borisenok? I know we dont see what goes on behind the scenese but I dont get the feeling they are the ones leading the boys, it seems when ever there is a question with a ref it always someone else talking to them. As for in net I am like most there to and think it might be time to give Digi a view from the bench, maybe a little competition is what he needs to give him the little kick in the behind. I noted last night to someone his reaction seems to be a little slow in all aspect of the game, I noticed once when a Lowell guy went behind the net he was slow to keep an eye on him, and he has let up rebound because his glove seem to be a second slow getting up leaving to bounce out of his glove. But unlike some who do not see any upside, I see some real potential in some of the underclassmen. Sorkin and Goumas have made a good jump in their 2nd year and Downing and Thrush have shown alot to me. Last night was my first time seeing Willows and I have to say I like what I saw out of him, like to see that 4th line move up to the 3rd line, really don't think McCarey or Pavelski add to much and like to see the younger kids get more ice time. I think we all know this isnt probably the year and the goals for the year are a lot different then at the beginning of the year, but I know this is one Cats fan who isn't giving up on the future and see some promise and hoping the 2nd half shows great improvement, but guess I am optimist

Comment

Comment

Any chance the game on Thursday will be streamed anywhere? I miss when NHPTV used to carry the games! I would go, but the 90 minute drive after a long work day isn't too appealing to me.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
          Any chance the game on Thursday will be streamed anywhere? I miss when NHPTV used to carry the games! I would go, but the 90 minute drive after a long work day isn't too appealing to me.
          WBIN TV is airing it. It's just the web feed, and from what I heard, the first broadcast was terrible, but it will be free on WBIN-TV (it's channel 811 on Comcast in Southern NH, not sure about where you'd be. If you can't get that, www.unhwildcats.tv will have it for 9 or 10 bucks)

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            WBIN TV is airing it. It's just the web feed, and from what I heard, the first broadcast was terrible, but it will be free on WBIN-TV (it's channel 811 on Comcast in Southern NH, not sure about where you'd be. If you can't get that, www.unhwildcats.tv will have it for 9 or 10 bucks)
            How is the quality of the webcast from unhwildcats.tv?

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
              How is the quality of the webcast from unhwildcats.tv?
              adequate, not outstanding (It seems like it used to be better) last I saw (earlier this season).

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                adequate, not outstanding (It seems like it used to be better) last I saw (earlier this season).
                But they've upgraded and added cameras! Planted on directly in front of my seat. I'm gonna have to buy the brodcast just to see the ice.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                  I have to agree with everyone about the defensive breakdowns on Saturday night, especially in the 3rd period. To many times the defense was caught flat footed and were skated around as if they were not there. I am not sure what has happened to Kostolansky this year but I might say he is the worst of the 6 D that has been dressed this year, with Kipp being behind him. With there being such inexcpreince on the Blue Line I was hoping they would step up thier game but I havent seen it. I have seen all the 3 "new" guys getting better, but still playing sloppy at times, and when it counts to many times. For me I question the leadership on the team, where are Kipp and Borisenok? I know we dont see what goes on behind the scenese but I dont get the feeling they are the ones leading the boys, it seems when ever there is a question with a ref it always someone else talking to them. As for in net I am like most there to and think it might be time to give Digi a view from the bench, maybe a little competition is what he needs to give him the little kick in the behind. I noted last night to someone his reaction seems to be a little slow in all aspect of the game, I noticed once when a Lowell guy went behind the net he was slow to keep an eye on him, and he has let up rebound because his glove seem to be a second slow getting up leaving to bounce out of his glove. But unlike some who do not see any upside, I see some real potential in some of the underclassmen. Sorkin and Goumas have made a good jump in their 2nd year and Downing and Thrush have shown alot to me. Last night was my first time seeing Willows and I have to say I like what I saw out of him, like to see that 4th line move up to the 3rd line, really don't think McCarey or Pavelski add to much and like to see the younger kids get more ice time. I think we all know this isnt probably the year and the goals for the year are a lot different then at the beginning of the year, but I know this is one Cats fan who isn't giving up on the future and see some promise and hoping the 2nd half shows great improvement, but guess I am optimist
                  I guess you havent watcthed the last 4 games when McCarthy and Borisk where on the first line shorthand they didnt allow any goals on thier watch, Borisk is the capt along with kipp as they were voted by team..... its not thier fault if they werent on ice when ref ask something..... trush mccarthy borisk by far was the best line so far ..... when a 4th line scores 3 goals in the first period and win game 5- 2 I wouldnt break them up,,,, I think it was our first H E win and coaches 300 win Who knows why, maybe they were to good together, stuff like this happens all the time just like I said 2years ago why is paul thompson sitting in stands he 's the best forward on team. O well his picture is out in the lobby as a all american **** like this happen all the time....................

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                    But they've upgraded and added cameras! Planted on directly in front of my seat. I'm gonna have to buy the brodcast just to see the ice.
                    much like the broadcast from Vermont, the ice level camera ads almost nothing to it and in some ways takes away from it. Sucks that its obstructing season ticket holders..

Comment

who the heck is McCarthy?

Comment

IM sorry McCarery

Comment

Originally posted by Wilsonpicard View Post
                          IM sorry McCarery
                          Try again...third time is the charm.

Then we'll worry about trush and borisk.

Comment

UNH fans nitpicking fellow UNH fans. Nothing changes!

Any word on who will start in goal on Thursday?
                            Last edited by Saetia22; 12-05-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                              UNH fans nitpicking fellow UNH fans. Nothing changes!

Any word on who will start in goal on Thursday?
                              speaking of nothing changes, why would the starting goaltender?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Libby's near corner of Madbury and Main Streets had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on tap last weekend.
                                That sounds like the best advice I've heard in a long time!

Comment

Working...
                                X