Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    The University of Alabama-Huntsville's record is 0-11-1. If freshman defensemen Eric Chevrier and Ryan Randall are going to suit up this season, this would be the logical game. I wonder if it will happen or if the plan is to have them "redshirt" this season - the way Knodel and Agosta did last year.
    Make that 0-12-1 as they got thrashed 6-0 by Merrimack tonight. That means UAH should only beat us by 2.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Ongoing challenges for Coach McCloskey and the womens' program:
      http://www.uscho.com/2011/11/24/new-...fore-the-dawn/
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I know I'm a softie and that I am not very critical of how the team plays but where are the former players here, who participate on the threads....sure we played like crap the last 2 periods but hold off on all the critiques as if we've lost our way...it was the game before a Holiday, students are on break, and the team feels the environment around them.....should they have played a half-assed game-of course not but Harvard rallied and got some bounces and when you're mind isn't as focused as it should be, giving up crappy goals happens....has anyone seen an NHL team just go thru the motions, and they're getting paid, FCS....C'mon guys, our wildcats will do fine, and continue to get it together thru the season....if this was the end of January, I wouold be worried but not now....as for Alabama-Huntsville, who of us would like to be on the road for Thanksgiving, in a hotel Tuesday night, games on Wed., Friday and Saturday....these are college age kids, record be ****ed, I would not want UNH to have had that schedule! Happy Thanksgiving......

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          I know I'm a softie and that I am not very critical of how the team plays but where are the former players here, who participate on the threads....sure we played like crap the last 2 periods but hold off on all the critiques as if we've lost our way...it was the game before a Holiday, students are on break, and the team feels the environment around them.....should they have played a half-assed game-of course not but Harvard rallied and got some bounces and when you're mind isn't as focused as it should be, giving up crappy goals happens....has anyone seen an NHL team just go thru the motions, and they're getting paid, FCS....C'mon guys, our wildcats will do fine, and continue to get it together thru the season....if this was the end of January, I wouold be worried but not now....as for Alabama-Huntsville, who of us would like to be on the road for Thanksgiving, in a hotel Tuesday night, games on Wed., Friday and Saturday....these are college age kids, record be ****ed, I would not want UNH to have had that schedule! Happy Thanksgiving......
          UNH has a conference, and non-con teams would line up to play them, they wouldn't ever have to worry about playing a schedule like that. It is a shame that we won't be able to get the best out of A-H, but I'm not sure that would matter in this situation.
          UNH is very deserved of criticism especially after that 'effort' on tuesday night. There are no excuses. It's not a year where they've only lost a game or two and dropped a game to an ECAC team which they do often. It was a game they had complete control of, got overconfident, and got smacked in the face by a very bad team, and there is no excuse for it. It has nothing to do with students being on break. Harvard didn't really get bounces (no more than UNH did early on), they had pucks that should have been stopped make it in to the back of the net (not because of bounces but bad and lazy coverage and bad goaltending). They're not a team that can skate by on talent alone this year. They need to play 60 minutes and need to outwork their opponent in all aspects, and there's no excuse for not doing it like on Tuesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            UNH is very deserved of criticism especially after that 'effort' on tuesday night. There are no excuses. It's not a year where they've only lost a game or two and dropped a game to an ECAC team which they do often. It was a game they had complete control of, got overconfident, and got smacked in the face by a very bad team, and there is no excuse for it. It has nothing to do with students being on break. Harvard didn't really get bounces (no more than UNH did early on), they had pucks that should have been stopped make it in to the back of the net (not because of bounces but bad and lazy coverage and bad goaltending). They're not a team that can skate by on talent alone this year. They need to play 60 minutes and need to outwork their opponent in all aspects, and there's no excuse for not doing it like on Tuesday night.
            +111111. Having an upcoming holiday break is a garbage excuse since as far as I know, the Harvard players celebrate the same holidays that the UNH players do. I think Umile and any self respecting athlete would cringe if that excuse was made for them. An elite athlete needs to be able to block out distractions and focus on the task at hand, regardless. Hockey is a 2 hour break from everything else going on in the world, and if you can't focus for 2 hours then you shouldn't be playing.

We are talking about adults, not 12 year olds. It's okay for people to expect adults to hold themselves accountable, it doesn't make them bad fans.

Comment

"Alabama-Huntsville's Farewell Tour Comes to UNH"
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

So Wildshawn and WIrinkrat, you're telling me that you guys don't look forward to 5pm on Friday....our society doesn't look "to put a little weekend in your week".....I'm not saying that life would be better if we didn't all live our life to the fullest 24/7, but grow up...you guys might take a mental health day now and again from work so if the team had a poor night's performance, it doesn't demand an *** whipping, that's all.....no athlete plays every minute of his long schedule at max level, human's just don't do that.....how come we expect more from college kids then we do from our Washington representatives....what kind of a rating would you give the "Super Committee"? They're college athletes so to bad you can't fine them for not performing up to their paid expectations.....

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  "Alabama-Huntsville's Farewell Tour Comes to UNH"
                  As always a great write up, love reading the history of UAH, Hopefully all UNH fans will show them respect and give them a nice hand for what they have to fight through this season

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    So Wildshawn and WIrinkrat, you're telling me that you guys don't look forward to 5pm on Friday....our society doesn't look "to put a little weekend in your week".....I'm not saying that life would be better if we didn't all live our life to the fullest 24/7, but grow up...you guys might take a mental health day now and again from work so if the team had a poor night's performance, it doesn't demand an *** whipping, that's all.....no athlete plays every minute of his long schedule at max level, human's just don't do that.....how come we expect more from college kids then we do from our Washington representatives....what kind of a rating would you give the "Super Committee"? They're college athletes so to bad you can't fine them for not performing up to their paid expectations.....

Grow up, eh? Perhaps the guy introducing personal insults isn't the one that should be climbing on his high horse.

I'm not sure what politics has to do with a hockey game. Whatever thoughts I have about politics have nothing to do with whether a hockey team should be expected to be focused during a hockey game. That is beyond a stupid and irrelevant comparison. If everyone thought the way you did, nothing would ever get done because everyone would always have a built in excuse for everything.

Here's a thought. Let's go see Umile and the team and you can spout off every lame losers mentality excuse you want to justify their poor performance at Harvard and we will see if a single one of them wants one iota of what you're giving them. They won't. Because they are athletes and expect more of themselves and know that what they gave on Tuesday was not acceptable or excusable. Elite athletes don't think like losers, even if they might perform like a loser from time to time. Doesn't mean they want or deserve excuses.

Comment

and btw, if you can point me to the "*** whipping" that either one of us gave, it would be greatly appreciated. If you think anything that either of us said is even close to the real paint blistering ear splitting *** whipping they got from Umile after the game, then you might want to hold on to your purse a little tighter.

Comment

I agree with Dan, when your goalie gets lit up for five, you pull him, to save him further embarrassment, to send a message to the team, and to give your back up goalie some minutes.

Having a couple of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ales at Libby's in prep for A-H game tonight. Nice write up on A-H, C-H-C. Go Cats!

Comment

I have not been to a game at UNH in years, but I'm thinking of coming up for the BU game on Thrus Dec 8th.

Any advise on where the students sit? Visiting fan secitons? Good place for the standard pre-game beer?

Comment

Students are in the non-chairback sections behind the BU goaltender during the 1st and 3rd (Sections 121-124) and depending on how many student tickets are offered/how many show to the game itself they occasionally overflow into empty seats/rows in Sections 109-111. The visiting section is typically the upper rows of Section 112.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Good place for the standard pre-game beer?
                              Libby's near corner of Madbury and Main Streets had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on tap last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Libby's near corner of Madbury and Main Streets had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on tap last weekend.
                                I concur with this. Get there early.

Comment

Working...
                                X