2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

UNH losing a mid season game to an ECAC team. Did anyone see this coming?

Actually- nice to see coach all fired up. Anyone else think that he isn't seeing what we see all see?
    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

"UNH Scores Plenty; Gives Up Too Many to Harvard"
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

[QUOTE=Saetia22;5275148]This is almost as mad as I was after that game:

Hopefully there is something behind this anger
        You think he was acting? The acting probably comes on nights when he seems calm!
        Does anyone have any positives?
        It's November, still plenty to watch play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
          Hopefully there is something behind this anger
          You think he was acting? The acting probably comes on nights when he seems calm!
          It's November, still plenty to watch play out.
          Don't be silly friend. I am simply hoping there is enough fuel in his aparent anger to spark and maintain a longterm change (fire). Can't just be angry/frustrated you have to come up with a plan to fix mistakes. Being angry infront of the press will only do so mucbuti motivate a team. I like Umile and believe he can do it. As for asking for positives - I was referring to the game itself.
          Last edited by Saetia22; 11-23-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Well still in shock from that game, first time I got to sit down and listen to a road game on the road and was very happy after the first period, probably should have turned it off then. Still not sure what went wrong, but it went wrong fast!!! Seems like I only heard the same names all night, TVT, Burke, Henrion, Goumas and Downing seems like the rest of the team was not there. I am sure Saturday night will be a very interesting game, got a feeling might see a little shake up in the line up. I would put Wyer in net, Digi sounds like he let in some soft ones. Maybe time to see what Randall and Chevrier can add on the blue line, after giving up 7 goals no one should feel safe on defense. I would like to see more of Downing and Thrush, maybe give them more ice time, have liked what I have seen out of them. Now if they do that against UAH it is time to hit the panic button. But I for one will be there Saturday and the rest of the year cheering on the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
              Well still in shock from that game, first time I got to sit down and listen to a road game on the road and was very happy after the first period, probably should have turned it off then. Still not sure what went wrong, but it went wrong fast!!! Seems like I only heard the same names all night, TVT, Burke, Henrion, Goumas and Downing seems like the rest of the team was not there. I am sure Saturday night will be a very interesting game, got a feeling might see a little shake up in the line up. I would put Wyer in net, Digi sounds like he let in some soft ones. Maybe time to see what Randall and Chevrier can add on the blue line, after giving up 7 goals no one should feel safe on defense. I would like to see more of Downing and Thrush, maybe give them more ice time, have liked what I have seen out of them. Now if they do that against UAH it is time to hit the panic button. But I for one will be there Saturday and the rest of the year cheering on the boys.
              Downing and Thrush had a regular shift all night, not sure how much more ice time they can get? Downing and Burke had a decent game, Goumas was the best player on the ice last night but it was just an ugly choke of a loss, nothing positive to take from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                Downing and Thrush had a regular shift all night, not sure how much more ice time they can get? Downing and Burke had a decent game, Goumas was the best player on the ice last night but it was just an ugly choke of a loss, nothing positive to take from it.
                Positives.....well I'm positive that DiGiSeeItGoIn needs to take a several games rest and see what wyer can do with some extended game time. Should be his job to lose by this point but Im not sure we will be so lucky.

Thought Goumas and Downing were very good. Henrion was everywhere and somehow picked up 4 assists without making a single pass all night...thought there were a few times off the rush that his shot selection was questionable. And since I was hard on him after BU thought Willows was much better than at BU but still a long way to go for him...but he was the least of unh's problems last night

Comment

Umile can be as angry as he wants - but this one is just as much on him as it is on the team. How do you not make the goalie change? It sounds like it wasn't Digi's night. The Coaches needed to make the switch to Wyer, you can't wait until Harvard gets all the way back into the game. Even if it wasn't Digi's fault, you need to make the switch to send a message to the rest of the team and change momentum. Sounds like he leaned against the glass and thought - 'its only 5-3' / 'its only 5-4, were still ahead' / 'its still tied, were okay' / 'its only a one-goal deficit'. That decision making shows just as much 'big lead' complacency as the players themselves...

Same goes for not using a timeout until they pulled Digi at the end of the game. Get off your *** and do some coaching...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Umile can be as angry as he wants - but this one is just as much on him as it is on the team. How do you not make the goalie change? It sounds like it wasn't Digi's night. The Coaches needed to make the switch to Wyer, you can't wait until Harvard gets all the way back into the game. Even if it wasn't Digi's fault, you need to make the switch to send a message to the rest of the team and change momentum. Sounds like he leaned against the glass and thought - 'its only 5-3' / 'its only 5-4, were still ahead' / 'its still tied, were okay' / 'its only a one-goal deficit'. That decision making shows just as much 'big lead' complacency as the players themselves...

Same goes for not using a timeout until they pulled Digi at the end of the game. Get off your *** and do some coaching...
                    The only thing I can think of, and maybe its a stretch, is that he had a feeling it was coming and wanted his team to see what happens when they get overconfident against a lesser team. Had they 'hung on' and won 5-4, sure it's a win, but would they grow/learn anything? Digi was terrible, but there was an awful lot of standing around in front of him. After the 2 goals the last 2 minutes of the 2nd period, I was certain/hoping we'd see Wyer, who showed at SCSU he's a capable goaltender.
                    Last edited by WildShawn; 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                      I really like what I see out of Thrush and TvR. Also even though we just aren't very good (and I was incredibly angry after the game last night) they don't quit. They scored with 1 second left to make it 7-6. That is the only hope I have at the moment.
                      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

The University of Alabama-Huntsville's record is 0-11-1. If freshman defensemen Eric Chevrier and Ryan Randall are going to suit up this season, this would be the logical game. I wonder if it will happen or if the plan is to have them "redshirt" this season - the way Knodel and Agosta did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          The University of Alabama-Huntsville's record is 0-11-1. If freshman defensemen Eric Chevrier and Ryan Randall are going to suit up this season, this would be the logical game. I wonder if it will happen or if the plan is to have them "redshirt" this season - the way Knodel and Agosta did last year.
                          did Knodel and Agosta officially redshirt? (do they officially have 3 more years of eligibility left?)

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                            Saturday night will be a very interesting game,
                            Doubt we will be able to take much from Saturday's game as this UAH squad may be the worst team ever to play a game at the Whitt.
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              did Knodel and Agosta officially redshirt? (do they officially have 3 more years of eligibility left?)
                              That's what Al Pike reported last April (http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...904/-1/CITNEWS ).

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                                That's what Al Pike reported last April (http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...904/-1/CITNEWS ).
                                nice, they can develop into very good defensemen in time. They've been solid considering the inexperience, and can only get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X