Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    NESN finally released their TV schedule and established a new multi-year deal with Hockey East:
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/nov9nesn.php
    Will likely change with the "flex games," but UNH currently has more slots than their league-mates. Yea
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Older UNH fans, I posted on the UVM thread about my favorite game vs. UVM at the Gutt...please read and share any of your thoughts if you go back that far......post here I suppose )

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        Call me negative, gloomy, whatever, but I didn't think they looked all that good this past weekend. DiGi allowed one goal on a bone-head play and two others were very soft. Seemed like a lot of turnovers in the defensive end and guys that didn't want the puck on their stick. They were very fortunate to play against three goalies having a bad night.

Anybody else that saw all four games think the first weekend was better than the second?
        Completely agree. D-zone coverage has slipped from 2 weeks ago. Particularly concerned about the Maine game. UNH won but Maine out played them and got bad bounces.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Looks like Hardowa might be out for the game, left the team mid week for a family emergency. Really liked the way he is playing and could be a big loss for them

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
            Looks like Hardowa might be out for the game, left the team mid week for a family emergency. Really liked the way he is playing and could be a big loss for them
            That's a scoop. Hope everything is okay. He seems like a great kid, and his presence will be missed. Him and TVR have been looking pretty good together.

Who steps in? Chevrier or Randall? My guess would be Chevrier.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              Older UNH fans, I posted on the UVM thread about my favorite game vs. UVM at the Gutt...please read and share any of your thoughts if you go back that far......post here I suppose )
              I've seen some great games between UNH and UVM over the years and even though UNH holds the advantage in the all-time series the games are always entertaining. I particularly remember UVM coming to Svively with Tom McNamara in net and wondering if we were related since my last name is McNamara also. The odd thing today is that his son Tom and my son Tom (yes they are both named Tom McNamara!)played high school hockey together and are still best friends. I know my UVM friends point to a game in '78 when Cap Raeder came out of the net and Randy Koch scored an open net goal to win the game. I think the game was in Durham.

Wish I could be at the game tonight but my daughter is playing rugby for St. Michael's College for the league championship against AIC today.
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                That's a scoop. Hope everything is okay. He seems like a great kid, and his presence will be missed. Him and TVR have been looking pretty good together.

Who steps in? Chevrier or Randall? My guess would be Chevrier.
                Was in the Portsmouth Hearld on Friday, wasn't sure if he would be back for the game, I have really liked the way he has imporved every year, might be my favorite player right now. He has played wtih TVR. Would be intersting to see who they would put in, would think Chevrier to, but Randall has some excprience with TVR so that might be in his favor. Either way here is jopeing for another big 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  First games I ever saw UNH play live were against UVM, at the Whitt. UNH won 2-1 and the second game was a 2-2 tie.
                  Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                  2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

UNH, i believe, is flying under the radar

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the game tonight should be streamed free on UVM's site.

Comment

• Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
                        Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the game tonight should be streamed free on UVM's site.
                        Yes it is. Blue up 1-0

Comment

Really disappointing result tonight. Cats came out flying and totally dominated the first ten minutes. Then the parade to the box began and before you knew it was 2-1 UVM. They made it 3-1 before UNH came back and took the lead. The last minute goal to tie it looked really weak, but DiGi may have been screened.

UNH just dominated this game when it was 5 on 5, but Madore really stole the point for Vermont tonight. If not for him this one probably would have been a 7 or 8 to 3 win for UNH. We only had the one PP tonight and scored on it. The PK was pretty good killing 5 of 6 UVM chances.

Despite the sucky outcome, it was overall a great effort tonight. If we can play more disciplined we can do a lot of damage. Lot's of reason to be confident going into next weeks games.
                          Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                          2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

"UNH Cobbles Together 4-4 Tie at UVM"
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Great effort by the 'cats last night. Lowell was unimpressive based on the hype. Thought the Kipp call was iffy and 5 minutes was ridiculous. Speelman separated shoulder?
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how has Jay Camper looked in the action he's gotten this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X