X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    White Out The Whitt: http://vimeo.com/19991107
    I love that video!

3 game win streak, 4 game unbeaten, 14-6 in the last 3... I liked what I saw last night, though it wasn't against a good team, UMass gave BU all they could handle last week...If UNH can pull off a win tonight and get back to .500, things will be looking good.

Comment

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Good to see that as the team has picked up, our thread is back on the 1st page! I was also happy to see the Cats skating better as a team, and more secure in their game plan but let's be honest, with 4 own goals in the game, and if it weren't for the UMass goalie issues, it wouldn't have been as lopsided....add the fact that Toots always traps for his style, while Maine will go with their signature transitional speed, our defense has to stand up at the blueline and not give Maine as good a look at Digi....now according to the Maine thread, Maine "cannot compete" anymore against the better teams on the road so we'll see tonight....interesting how UNH-Maine will be huge in football as well again soon.....good luck to the women's field hockey team vs. BU Sunday for the America East title!!

Comment

Here's another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jHtG...layer_embedded

Perusing the ME roster they have 8 players from the NH Junior Monarchs and 2 players from NH with 3 from Maine.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Nice weekend for the Cats. Besides the 4 points, gotta love the balanced scoring and D.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Nice weekend for the Cats. Besides the 4 points, gotta love the balanced scoring and D.
            Thoughts it was a solid effort both night and played hard both games and they seem to be moving in the right direction. Like how some of the younger guys have been stepping up, see 4 good lines and see the balance across the entire roster, They are starting to pull it together and should get better every week, and if Sorkin keeps getting better watch out Hockey East. Matty seems to regain some of his mojo in net. Can say I like the way the team is coming together, and really like Freshman and Sophomores. Do have to give a call out to Hardowa tonight, thought he quietly had a really good game

Comment

Dalton Speelman.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

2 reasons we won that game last night. DiGi is playing like 2010 DiGi again, and not 2009 DiGi, and our ability to block shots is stellar. I'm not sure I saw Matt make any saves of the spectacular kind but he was just really solid and played a very fundamentally sound game, not giving Maine much to shoot at. Secondly, although I thought our defense played pretty soft and was collapsing a little too deep in our own end, it didn't seem to matter much as not a lot of pucks found their way to the net. In the last 30 seconds alone there were 3 blocked shots that easily could have been goals.
                Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

I was not there, but seems like the "playing soft" and "blocking shots" might be a contradiction?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I was not there, but seems like the "playing soft" and "blocking shots" might be a contradiction?
                    Just mean that they seemed to collapse deep in their own end and not really force Maine to the outside a lot. Also not a lot of pressure, which allowed the Maine offense to move the puck around the offensive zone at will.
                    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Thought I would at least try to bump this up to the first page!! What does anyone know about Vermont this year? Reading on their thread their fans aren’t to high on the team. Hopefully the boys continue to get better every game and can take another 2 points this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                        Thought I would at least try to bump this up to the first page!! What does anyone know about Vermont this year? Reading on their thread their fans aren’t to high on the team. Hopefully the boys continue to get better every game and can take another 2 points this weekend.
                        they have the only win against #1 Minnesota, at Minnesota, so they're capable of beating anyone. Of course, that is their only win thus far...

UNH has the longest winning streak in the nation....

Comment

NESN finally released their TV schedule and established a new multi-year deal with Hockey East:
                          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/nov9nesn.php

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            UNH has the longest winning streak in the nation....
                            Too funny! Gutterson (sp?) is always a wild time; wish that I could be there this weekend.

Comment

Big game this weekend. I think Vermont is going to make UNH work hard for the 2 points. I would imagine Vermont has a similar feeling that UNH did a few weeks ago, and they are going to be pushing for that W. UNH has to get a few past Madore early on to shake up his confidence.
                              Freshmen have been impressive so far. I think Thrush and Camper have played better than most thought they would have in these early stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                                Hopefully the boys continue to get better every game and can take another 2 points this weekend.
                                Call me negative, gloomy, whatever, but I didn't think they looked all that good this past weekend. DiGi allowed one goal on a bone-head play and two others were very soft. Seemed like a lot of turnovers in the defensive end and guys that didn't want the puck on their stick. They were very fortunate to play against three goalies having a bad night.

Anybody else that saw all four games think the first weekend was better than the second?
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X