2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

“My goal is to play at the highest level of hockey I can achieve, but you never can tell,” said (Casey)Thrush. “That’s the beauty of it. I get to earn a degree and play on a fantastic team.”
    http://www.mlive.com/lumberjacks/ind...ady_to_ca.html
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Good to read the box score for the game at Lake Whitt on Friday night; sounds like the Cats may be righting the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Good to read the box score for the game at Lake Whitt on Friday night; sounds like the Cats may be righting the ship.
        They won, that is the best positive we can get, yes?. DiGi played pretty well, no doubt his best game of the year. The defense was the best I have seen it, another positive. The PP had some good looks as well. But five on five, still a long way to go. The team is still a work in progress. They are clearly improving, Umile surely sees a lot to build on. But we'll see how it goes tomorrow night. Good shot for their first league win. Let's hope they can pull it off.

Comment

Did anybody spot the fire in the Whitt last night? One of the lights up on the 115 side caught fire during the anthem. Ended up burning itself out before the fire department got there. Smelled pretty bad for the first few minutes of the game.

Comment

Who are the Wildcats playing tonight?

Comment

Well another step on the road to respectability. Couldn't, wouldn't get to the game tonight because of the weather but from what I heard and read clearly UNH is beginning to get it together. Tonight they played the same team that made them look like buffoons two weeks ago. Totally dominated the action (38-17 SOG differential) on their way to their first HE win. Umile's wholesale shakeup of the lines has clearly been the catalyst IMO. Could it be another sweep next weekend? We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Well another step on the road to respectability. Couldn't, wouldn't get to the game tonight because of the weather but from what I heard and read clearly UNH is beginning to get it together. Tonight they played the same team that made them look like buffoons two weeks ago. Totally dominated the action (38-17 SOG differential) on their way to their first HE win. Umile's wholesale shakeup of the lines has clearly been the catalyst IMO. Could it be another sweep next weekend? We'll see.
                They looked much improved since a few weeks ago. They finally look like they know who they are playing with. It was also nice to see that they could sustain pressure even with the crazy power outage delay.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Glad to see yur team is starting to turn things around. As a BU fan I'm not supposed to say this but, what the heck. Hockey East games are better to watch when everybody plays well.
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
                    Anyone else out there see DiGi on the splash and wince a little?

The good news... I've called my gram and she's started the prayer line for the Lutheran Womens' League at St. John's Lutheran Chruch in Storm Lake, Iowa.
                    I think it worked.

Comment

Good weekend for the boys, hard fought game on Friday against a good team and good 60 minute effort Saturday night, for those of us who stuck around Saturday was worth the wait, except for the ride home. Really liked the hustle on Saturday seemed alot more at easy then Friday night, guess that first win will do that for you, can tell by the way they celebrated Friday night they really wanted that. Looks like the line combo's are coming together. I still have some worries on D, see quite a few mistakes, but hopefully will see those fixed soon, especially in Knoodle, looks like he is still afraid to use his size. But over all very happy with the weekend's effort and of course the result, lets continue to move forward and play hard.

Comment

well I guess I said something about someone's long lost brother. I didn't ask him to take penalties, I just think he doesn't go into the body like he could, and didn't say he wont get to that point, so calm down a little. I know all these years on here I am pointing fingers, please I am one of the more positive people about the team on here. The goal Friday night the guy walked around him, it happens and he needs to work on that and in the BC game didn't check one of the guys behind the net and he walked around. But I think he will get better, heaven forbid I point out something that can be improved. I like what I see out of TVR and Agosta. So I am not going off what I read, I am going off what I have seen in person. I am not on the team, I am very upbeat on what I saw this weekend, just saying what can be improved on, if you think this team is perfect and can't improve then that is great, I think the D needs improvement, as well as the offense but from my seat I saw more of the D both nights. I said the same thing about Hardowa a couple of years ago and really like he has improved. I think I have earned my right to have a little criticizem and point out of areas that can be improved, and not come off saying this team or this player sucks. I think Knoddel has a huge upside, no pun indented. He does block shots and can handle the puck pretty well, there I said something nice about him if that makes you feel better. So please go back and look at my post and see that I am not one of these people who are pointing the finger at everyone, I leave that to other people. I am just pointing areas of improving.

Comment

You say Knoddle, I say Knoodle...let's call the whole thing off.
                          sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Question for the UNH fans: do you guys think that this Friday's game will sell out? Whittemore Center is the only arena in Hockey East where I haven't seen UMass play, and I was planning on making the visit this Friday. I was going to get my tickets for away section from UMass on Monday, but campus is closed due to snow storm aftermath (campus has it's own power plant, but most of the rest of town is without power), so I'm not sure if they'll have them when they re-open Tuesday. So, I'm wondering if I could just get them at the door...

Thanks! Hoping to complete my tour of Hockey East arenas on Friday...
                            Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                            University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Go Wildcats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
                                Question for the UNH fans: do you guys think that this Friday's game will sell out? Whittemore Center is the only arena in Hockey East where I haven't seen UMass play, and I was planning on making the visit this Friday. I was going to get my tickets for away section from UMass on Monday, but campus is closed due to snow storm aftermath (campus has it's own power plant, but most of the rest of town is without power), so I'm not sure if they'll have them when they re-open Tuesday. So, I'm wondering if I could just get them at the door...

Thanks! Hoping to complete my tour of Hockey East arenas on Friday...
                                I was told that if you want to buy a Maine ticket for Saturday you have to buy a ticket for UMass on Friday. So buy one ahead of time.
                                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Working...
                                X