• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Anyone else feeling a UNH sweep this wknd? *hopeful grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
      It's pretty simple. Put the puck in the net + play some "D" = winning. Saw glimmers of hope in the BC game, but I'm not 100% convinced that they will be able to leave St. Cloud with anything better than a weekend split.
      sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
        Not really. St. Cloud has been in all three of their games, scoring 7 goals. UNH has been blown out in all three of their games, scoring only one goal, although the Cats did get a bunch of shots on net against BC on the big sheet at Lake Whitt. However, they will be playing on a big sheet at St. Cloud, right? I am thinking a split would be a nice improvement to build upon.

Comment

they will be playing on a big sheet at St. Cloud, right?
          You are correct, olympic sheet at NHC.

Happy to have your program visit our building. Might make the trip to your rink next fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
            You are correct, olympic sheet at NHC.

Happy to have your program visit our building. Might make the trip to your rink next fall.
            I wanted to make the trip out this weekend but couldnt make it happen. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              I wanted to make the trip out this weekend but couldnt make it happen. Good luck.
              What are "things my defense says"?
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

"Did UNH Find Their Game in St. Cloud?"
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  "Did UNH Find Their Game in St. Cloud?"
                  Maybe half their game. I'm not sure St. Cloud is much of a team but whatever they are, UNH is right now less. Scoring five goals against anybody is a bit of a shock after watching both games last weekend. But the defense, 21 goals in four games?!? My guess is DiGi is fighting the puck. Glad to see that Wyer got to play a period last night, stopping 11 of 12. Maybe play him tonight as well, give DiGi time to regroup. It's clear that UNH is going need him, and Wyer, to perform at a high level since the team as a group cannot defend. Not surprising since 4 of the 7 who will be in the rotation on the blue line have no experience in college hockey. When you have a situation like that, the goalies have to come up big.

Despite the 0-4 start and the aforementioned 21 goals, I'm not giving up yet. But if this team gets home ice and actually makes the NCAA's it will rank as Umile's greatest coaching job ever.

Comment

• Re: initial eligibility

I give credit to the team for not folding the tent, fighting til the end. Its tough to see Digi play so poorly thus far this season, as he was a big reason they had such a decent year last year, and one thing we figured we could count on as this team found their groove with so many young players, and that isn't happening.

I really hope that Wyer gets the start tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      I really hope that Wyer gets the start tonight.
                      Absolutely! From listening to the scsu fans digi sounds like he is fighting the puck and struggling to make even the easy saves. He needs to sit to at least clear his head (and maybe longer!). My biggest concern with digi is his style behind this defense. His quickness and athleticism made up for his size last year behind a strong team defense - this year with time and space his size and positioning is being exploited by opposing forwards. A bigger, more fundamentally positioned goalie is probably what this group needs.

Happy to see umile jumble the lines - I don't think its a coincidence that playing offensive ability over experience on the top lines led to more scoring. Give the talented young kids the shot!
                      Last edited by Dan; 10-22-2011, 09:12 AM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

The line juggling is obviously needed, also nice/fun to observe. The D always strengthens and will get stronger as the season progresses. Have to think, especially after reading this week's USCHO HEA column, that changing coaches after three years is having a huge effect on Digi. Nice to hear Wyer play, a shame that he was the losing goaltender. The 3rd period play sounded encouraging. The attitude is there. The 'cats will be fine, playing well by mid-season, hopefully in typical form by late February and the season as a whole gives us HEA quarter home ice and an NCAA bid. Plan B is giving Wyer significant time in case the end result of the 2011-12 season is building for next year.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Just catching up with the UNH threads and am very proud that despite our teams 0-4 start, the thread doesn't chastise and ***** the team but stands beside them, looking to find the constructive answers that are out there....I haven't seen the men's game as often as the women's, but at 7-5 with 4 pp oals, it seems that Digi shouldn't be the scapegoat......a young defense is the achilles heel for both our teams now so with time, we'll right the ship....stay classy Wildcat fans!

Comment

"UNH Earns First Point of Season"
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Really nice effort all round tonight. The offense was flying all night, the defense was better if not great, and Wyer was a huge improvement in net. The Cats deserved the win tonight, but ran into a hot goalie in Lee. The awakening of the offense obviously bodes well, although it would be nice if someone besides Nick Sorkin could score. I'm thinking Wyer needs to be the starter, at least until DiGi can prove he can play like last year. Wyer was making all kinds of saves tonight that DiGi hasn't made all year. Oh well, at least there's reason to be hopeful at the end of this weekend.
                              Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                              2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                What are "things my defense says"?
                                ?

Comment

Working...
                                X