Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by wildcat View Post
    An inauspicious start for the Wildcats; 0-9 in scoring over the first two games.

Maybe Lassonde was more important to the team's success than everyone thought.
    Looks like Digi was yanked after the fourth goal; were any of those nine soft the first two games? Were any of the UNH lines shaken up tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
      Had both. Did I somehow miss the bonfires?
      They were no big deal -- they happened in some apartment bathroom. The vanities were set afire.
      Richard, let's hope for another entertaining season, eh?
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Looks like Digi was yanked after the fourth goal; were any of those nine soft the first two games? Were any of the UNH lines shaken up tonight?
        I was at the first game, first 3 he was left out to dry by the UNH defense, which just turned over the puck all night to the Huskies. The 4th goal was real soft though.

Comment

That was just awful. Couldn't keep the puck on our stick, we hardly controlled any of the game. Northeastern seemed to be doing what BU did, getting their bodies in the way of the puck so we couldn't generate anything (or maybe we were just shooting at them). Looks like there is some serious work to do.
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I didn't see the BU game but off what I saw tonight . . . whew, they do indeed have a long way to go. Generated no real offense, had countless giveaways in their own zone. Absolutely could not fault DiGi on any of the first three goals, that was 3 goals on 4 shots btw. I don't think I saw one decent breakout the entire night, nor any semblance of end zone coverage. Just a bunch of guys treating the puck like a hot potato, running around out of position.

And chew on these two morsels. Tonight marked the first time in UNH Hockey history, going back to 1924, that they had been shut out in back to back games. And, the record for the longest UNH has ever gone without scoring a goal is 131 minutes, 31 seconds, set in the 1979-1980 season. Just go scoreless for 11:32 to start the game tomorrow night and the record is theirs.

Just so I won't completely go off the ledge, two years ago UNH played two of the most abysmal games ever at Wisconsin, they were completely overmatched. They climbed off the mat after that and had a decent season. So I guess there is still hope but, man, there is a he!! of a lot of work to do, for sure.

Comment

Well that's just great, you guys are saving all the dang goals for tomorrow night, right?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Just so I won't completely go off the ledge, two years ago UNH played two of the most abysmal games ever at Wisconsin, they were completely overmatched. They climbed off the mat after that and had a decent season. So I guess there is still hope but, man, there is a he!! of a lot of work to do, for sure.
                True -but I do believe they scored in both games..

Saw the same game everyone else did - not great. Thought Camper looked decent out there. Aside from caughing the puck up and taking a spill - Downing looks good as well. Saw a lot of individualism out there tonight in the neutral zone, coming over the blue line and well- everywhere. no tick tac toe, give and go stuff whatseover. LOTS and LOTS of very poor shots, by the wings up and down the line up. Most ended up in the shin pads of the D-man in front of them. I did like the Henrion, Silengo, Sorkin line- there was a breif period at one point where they looked to have some good chemistry.

Anyway- Digi did mention in an interview that this was a fast team, faster than last year- maybe it's the D that they have faced, but I have not seen any real dominance in speed yet.

It's surely early, but never too early for leaders to step up and LEAD.. who will it be?
                Last edited by i'zonprize; 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM.
                GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Well that's just great, you guys are saving all the dang goals for tomorrow night, right?
                  I wish that was the case but I just don't think it is. We are extremely young and inexperienced. Maybe this means we'll get it together later in the season but that isn' our style. Are you making the trip up?
                  UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                    Saw a lot of individualism out there tonight in the nuetral zone, coming over the blue line and well- everywhere. no tick tac toe, give and go stuff whatseover.
                    I turned to my friend during the game last night and said that it looks like they are just getting to know each other. I know it's early but eesh... Nothing to do but improve I guess.
                    UNH

Comment

It is inevitable UNH will start scoring some goals soon.
                      Start off with just one tonight and explode for a few more next week. Baby steps.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

We'll be fine although 0 -3 is a distinct possibility. Will be interesting to see tonight's lineup. Removing experience may not be prudent with the lack of organization and turnovers, but McCarey's 8 points in just over three years might warrant a look at another freshman. Danny Dries scored both Ohio State's goals last night.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I agree, although it is early, at points last night I was wondering if the team had actually practiced together.
                          I think a big factor last night was Northeastern's play. They skate their butts off... everywhere. While UNH skates to lose puck, waves their stick at it and then loop around. Every lose puck had a NU player skating as fast as he could to it, even if the UNH player got there first we would cough it up/make a bad pass due to the pressure applied. NU also used their sticks/body's well. We must of had 15 shots deflect into the nets behind Rawlings.
                          Camper looked just fine I thought. Aside from a few little hiccups he looked pretty calm and had a couple shots. It'll be interesting to see who gets 4th line time tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                            Hey ****stain, perhaps you enjoy their insufferable comments about "Men of October" and "Regular season trophies", but I dont. We all know we havent won a NC. Why dont you and everybody else grow a pair and stick up for yourselves
                            This is why your user profile is littered with red chicklets. Thanks for playing.
                            sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

After watching the exhibition game, I went home and said to my son - we're going to have trouble scoring goals and this may be a transition (non-NCAA) year. Going to Durham tonight for the BC game and they have yet to score a goal!!! Time for Coach to go against his grain and utilize the freshman. I can not recall a top line as unimpressive as the one I saw at the exhibition game. I love Stevie Moses, but this line as a whole is at best a second or third line. Where is the Hemmingway, Krog, Collins, Butler, Smith, etc? The sniper, the goal scorer? Granted it is **** early, but I wouldn't wait too long to shake things up. I thought last years freshman recruiting class was soft and this years senior class without Blake rather uninspired. GREAT recruits are on the way, and this years frosh class is MUCH stronger - but this year MAY be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                                That was just awful. Couldn't keep the puck on our stick, we hardly controlled any of the game. Northeastern seemed to be doing what BU did, getting their bodies in the way of the puck so we couldn't generate anything (or maybe we were just shooting at them). Looks like there is some serious work to do.
                                UNH players, shooting right into defensemen? That never happens!

The 'Cats will score tonight. They just didn't want me to miss their first goal of the season.
                                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X