Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    how'd bc do in the postseason last year?

1 and done. Smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      They get better as the season goes along under Umile? It's tough to say that when you consider all the regular season titles vs. the postseason performance, no?
      Clearly umile is a baseball fan; he gets his teams to buy into the "legends are born in October" mantra
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

From my limited experience - UNH threads tend to have little actual hockey talk when compared to other team's threads.

As for the team - does anyone know who the 2nd string goalie is and when (if at al) do they get to play?
        Are Agosta/Knodel/TvR all pretty much permanently in the line-up or is Chevrier ready to step into a few games? My feeling coming into the season was that he (never actually seeing him play) would get a decent amount of time.
        Last edited by Saetia22; 10-12-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          how'd bc do in the postseason last year?
          4-1 record. HE title.

0-1 when it mattered. In the end we were disappointed. You guys would have thrown a parade/bonfire for a RS title and a HE title. That's the difference between the two programs. Well that and 4 national titles...

Thanks for playing.

Speaking of the postseason, with York getting closer to the end of his career (and Umile too, especially if he doesn't bring home some RS titles soon!) I'm wondering if Umile will ever beat York again in the postseason. Last time it happened I was a senior in high school I believe. I've been out of college for 10 years. Do the hillbilly math. It's been a while.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a jackarse then to open it and remove all doubt.
            We all know he is a jackarse, and that is being nice.

Comment

0 -1? NU? BC? Why do I even check this thread? Hoping we win at Matthews and BC has a let down after getting up for Denver because the Eagles looked REALLY good at Engelstad last week. Anyone?
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I don't know what's more humorous, the BC bash bro's coming on here unprovoked, or their inferiority complex in needing to respond to the trolls with chest thumping. Yes we get it, BC is the best hockey program on the planet. Congrats on that, I know you worked very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  I don't know what's more humorous, the BC bash bro's coming on here unprovoked, or their inferiority complex in needing to respond to the trolls with chest thumping. Yes we get it, BC is the best hockey program on the planet. Congrats on that, I know you worked very hard.
                  Unprovoked is funnier. Babysitting a dope like go unh is a waste of time
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    Babysitting a dope like go unh is a waste of time
                    I agree that it's a waste of time. I just don't understand why the guido brothers always get their panties in a bunch when a "dope" posts anything that (OMFG!) is negative to the vaunted BC hockey program.
                    sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

4-1 record. HE title.

0-1 when it mattered. In the end we were disappointed.
                      forget the parade and the bonfire, i'd settle for a couple of beers and a pit fire in my back yard.

all that matters is this year though carmine. you're only as good as your next game anyway. what's done is done. you guys have had a lot of success but nobody cares. sorry. but good luck saturday. i'll be there for a firsthand looksee.
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

If anyone happens to be in the Hampton Roads area and is free tonight, consider coming out to see the Norfolk Admirals and former Wildcats Trevor Smith and Matt Fornataro. Puck drops at 7:30.
                        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

An inauspicious start for the Wildcats; 0-9 in scoring over the first two games.

Maybe Lassonde was more important to the team's success than everyone thought.

Comment

There was a time when we went something like 298 games without being shut out (and one year when we AVERAGED nearly 6 a game). Yes that was in Division One.

I'm dreaming of just ONE at any point after tonight...
                            Last edited by snively; 10-14-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Correction: - the 1977-78 squad averaged 6.57 goals a game. Nearly 2.2 per period over 90 periods.

If we beat BC by scoring a little over 19 goals tomorrow night, that'd bring us up to that level after the first three games ...

Comment

You guys would have thrown a parade/bonfire for a RS title and a HE title.
                                Had both. Did I somehow miss the bonfires?

Comment

Working...
                                X