Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    UNH had several quality chances but were shut down by Millan, who was on FIRE. This team has some work to do but I think they will be fine.
    Agree... No good reason to panic. There's some real talent and skill that we'll undoubtedly start to see with game experience.

Comment

Pavelski tries, but I'd like to see some freshmen get more ice. I know it was just one game, but I always like to see freshmen get ice. Poor Thrush, probably will be hard for him, with Downing playing left wing as well. Speaking of Downing, he is going to need more than the 4th line to develop.

Comment

22- I think we'll see Thrush and Willows both get ice time soon. Both have an offensive resume but may be benficial to have them catch a few games from the stands- much like Paul Thompson did. Agreed on Downing- kid has enough talent to move up for sure-
        GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
          hee haw
          better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a jackarse then to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

An article on last Saturday's game:
            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ok_awfully.php

Comment

Shockingly it looks like the same UNH team has shown up for the past 8 seasons has shown up again... Dickie U is at least admitting it in post game pressers now, that our team defense sucks. I know they are starting three kids on defense, but that means the forward have to help to prevent embarrassing games like this one...

At least the football team kicked *** against Villanova!
              UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                Shockingly it looks like the same UNH team has shown up for the past 8 seasons has shown up again...
                You mean like the team that made the tournament in each and every one of those years, like the team that defeated Miami in Manchester last year. Not sure how you can take a lot from one game. I vividly recall a game at Agganis last year where we outplayed BU for half the game, then the d went to sleep and BU scored five straight against us. And that team, as noted, defeated Miami. Umile has a track record, it may fall short of your lofty standards, but he has one that indicates that things will get better as the season goes along. Starting three freshmen (basically thats what Agosta and Knodle are) is a recipe for early season troubles. My guess is that they will get better. If I were you, I'd worry about where the offense is going to come from. The first line, as constituted, doesn't exactly send me.

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                  Whatever you say, Mr. Ambrose. I particularly remember one response he made to a poster, to wit, "HEY!" and the reply was oh gee I'm so sorry. I remember once I questioned Umile's ability to react to the trap and he told the poster, "Why are you even bothering to reply to this person?" What a pompous arse.
                  He was over whelmed with his sense of his own importance then. I'm glad he's finally stopped getting weekly checks from his parents and has a job.
                  Bill,

I know DBBC and yes, he most likely rubbed a lot of posters the wrong way. He was passionate and knowledgable about the game of hockey and had very little tolerance for people who constantly displayed their ignorance of the game. "I'm glad he's finally stopped getting weekly checks from his parents and has a job".....really Bill? He's been coaching in the college ranks for several years now. It's 2011, not 2001...please try to keep up. Thanks.
                  Last edited by Scott; 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM.
                  UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Umile has a track record, it may fall short of your lofty standards, but he has one that indicates that things will get better as the season goes along.
                    They get better as the season goes along under Umile? It's tough to say that when you consider all the regular season titles vs. the postseason performance, no?
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

for christs sake will you get a f-- life.No one cares what you think....lol

Comment

Keep rolling those pennies, he fan!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          They get better as the season goes along under Umile? It's tough to say that when you consider all the regular season titles vs. the postseason performance, no?

how'd bc do in the postseason last year?
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Great point. Jerry York's teams sure do choke in the postseason every year. I'm sure BC would trade their last 3 postseasons for UNH's in a heartbeat.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Keep rolling those pennies, he fan!
                              ???pennies???
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Didnt they win the Hockey East tournament title? confused...
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X