• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goblue
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    A satisfying W for the CATS for sure but I can think of two bigger wins over BU right off the top of my head; 1) The 4-3 OT win at the NCAA East Regional in Albany in 98' and 2) The win in '03 for the Hockey East Championship.
    And what about 2 of their last 4 games at the NCAAs in Manchester, against UND 3 years ago, and Miami last year? They were pretty good wins -- and the UND game will be forever memorable. (We can forget the other 2 games -- against BU and Notre Dame.)

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by billb View Post
    I must consider that as one of the best wins for the program ever. I'm sure BU didn't expect that intensity.
    A satisfying W for the CATS for sure but I can think of two bigger wins over BU right off the top of my head; 1) The 4-3 OT win at the NCAA East Regional in Albany in 98' and 2) The win in '03 for the Hockey East Championship.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
    Nice to see WMUR's outstanding coverage of the game. At least they got the final score correct. Would have been nice to see a replay of the UNH game winner in double overtime. Must be it would have forced them to skip the clip from the Maine game.
    The report had tlhe bc logo for bu too. Pathetic!

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Why not? While the record didn't show it in the second half, the effort was always there. Talent wise UNH is what they are, a far cry from teams of old. But they have been giving a good defensive effort ever since DeSmith went into goal. They have been in pretty much every game since the first of the year and, although you could be surprised that they won, you shouldn't be surprised that they gave a good effort. Not sure you are going to agree with this Bill but a long time BU fan that I know told me last night that Umile is a better coach than Parker now, that he gets more out of his players than Jack does.
    I would agree with tlhat. BUs title run 3 years ago was way tighter than it should have been with that talent.

I'd say this has been the case since the late 90's.

The problem is UNH isn't getting the talent anymore. That is Umile's job too.

Leave a comment:

• SPCSMAN
    replied

Nice to see WMUR's outstanding coverage of the game. At least they got the final score correct. Would have been nice to see a replay of the UNH game winner in double overtime. Must be it would have forced them to skip the clip from the Maine game.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied

Originally posted by billb View Post
    I must consider that as one of the best wins for the program ever. I'm sure BU didn't expect that intensity.
    Why not? While the record didn't show it in the second half, the effort was always there. Talent wise UNH is what they are, a far cry from teams of old. But they have been giving a good defensive effort ever since DeSmith went into goal. They have been in pretty much every game since the first of the year and, although you could be surprised that they won, you shouldn't be surprised that they gave a good effort. Not sure you are going to agree with this Bill but a long time BU fan that I know told me last night that Umile is a better coach than Parker now, that he gets more out of his players than Jack does.

Leave a comment:

• billb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

"UNH Defeats BU in Double Overtime: Hard Work Finally Pays Off"

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I am looking forward to watching the Saturday afternoon game here in Colorado, where one of the bars picks up NESN via satellite.
    NHL Network is also picking up the game, I believe...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcatsg

Nice win, Wildcats!

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Awesome win tonight! Glad we finally came out with a win in an overtime game too!

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Well its game day. As I think everyone knows the key for the Cats will be scoring, like it has been for the last 4 months. Will someone step up and become a playoff here and carry the team? Will the defense play as well as they did last week and continue to improve every game, and will DeSmith keep up the stellar play he has shown since the beginning of the calendar year? Hopefully Downing is back in the line up tonight. I am going to go with my surprise guy being Burke, he has come close a couple of times this year of breaking out and carrying the team, and if Downing is back with him I think we could see it. Would like to see the boys come out and play an aggressive game they did the last home game against BC. I really liked they way they played that game, they controlled the game and were psychical, if they play that game I think they have a very good shot. I see this going 3 games, with hoping the Cats take it, but have a hard time saying it for sure. I do see it being a close series, and might come down to which goalie is more on.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

I am looking forward to watching the Saturday afternoon game here in Colorado, where one of the bars picks up NESN via satellite.

Leave a comment:

• Saetia22
    replied

Not a whole lot going on in here. Who plays this weekend? Is Downing going to be back? Willows or Pavelski?

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

"UNH Ready For Hockey East Playoffs"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X