X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty16
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Well over all the season was a disappointment, but can't argue that they did not go out with out a fight. There were many disappointment this season from the early problem in net to the lack of scoring in the 2nd half. But **** proud of the way went out, I know that is hard to say, but the way the year went it could have easily gone the other way and gone out with out a fight. But I can say that I see a lot of promise in the future, the young guys really stepped up and started to take a bigger role in the team, and I really love the way DeSmith played better as he played more.

So best of luck to the Seniors, thanks for 4 years of playing hard and leaving it all on the ice, have nothing to be ashamed of at all. I just hope those who bailed on the team this year can see the potential in next years team, I for one am all ready looking forward to October.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Well, a disappointing end to a thrilling game, and not so thrilling season. Best of luck to all the UNH seniors as you move forward through the next phase of your life.

Leave a comment:

• billb
    replied

I thought Friday's game was immense for the team because they've played hard all year and have not had much to show for it on the road and especially against BU. They do belong in this tournament. I'm hoping that Umile comes up with some of the aforementioned superb coaching and hands BU a big surprise.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Hope that the entire play was shown, as I think that it was the passing of Kipp and especially Goumas that made the play. Of course, I am pleased that Moses finished the play, as it had been a while.
    I believe ESPN started the play in the neutral zone. They definitely highlighted the awesome pass from Goumas though!

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcatsg

looking forward to making my first trip donw to Agganis for game 3 tonight, and hopefully to be making the trip back down to Boston next Friday after a win tonight. Thinking might see Thrush back in the line up to give a little burst of speed and Downing back in the 2nd line. Hoping the boys but in a great effort and play the game of the year

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    Moses's goal made it on Sportscenter's Top Ten Plays (#10), which ESPN has been airing this morning.
    Hope that the entire play was shown, as I think that it was the passing of Kipp and especially Goumas that made the play. Of course, I am pleased that Moses finished the play, as it had been a while.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Between the lines:

~ Casey DeSmith looked a half-second slower than usual during warmups. Didn't play his best game.

~ Grayson Downing was still on the third line with Block (center) and Willows (RW) but he was reunited with Burke and Henrion a couple of times on the power play.

~ In the third period, Jeff Silengo was knocked down hard in the neutral zone. He got up in obvious pain and appeared to be favoring his shoulder.

~ Casey Thrush, who had been a regular on the Block-Willows line and had played in 30 regular season games, hasn't yet played in the playoffs.

~ Stevie Moses' snipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfG_VepxE1M
    Last edited by C-H-C; 03-11-2012, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Regardless who wins game 2, and the series, the Kipp to Goumas behind the back pass to Moses left top shelf goal was the sweetest that I have seen all year.
    Moses's goal made it on Sportscenter's Top Ten Plays (#10), which ESPN has been airing this morning.

Leave a comment:

• smitre
    replied

The Moses goal was a thing of beauty the entire transition up the ice. Hopefully Moses nets his 100th career point during Sunday's game.

No matter what happens on Sunday it is fun to see how the team has progressed towards the end of the season. Regardless of wins or losses down the stretch the quality of play and level of intensity throughout a full 60 minutes is completely different than it was over the first half of the season. Continue this level of play and have a few players become more confident goal finishers and I could see this team as legitimate contenders in HE next year.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Regardless who wins game 2, and the series, the Kipp to Goumas behind the back pass to Moses left top shelf goal was the sweetest that I have seen all year.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    And what about 2 of their last 4 games at the NCAAs in Manchester, against UND 3 years ago, and Miami last year? They were pretty good wins -- and the UND game will be forever memorable. (We can forget the other 2 games -- against BU and Notre Dame.)
    that win over UND was HUGE no doubt

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    he said 'bigger wins over BU'
    thank you

Oops. My bad. (Well, at least I had one of the letters ("U") right in my post.) Sorry, Bill.

(Note to self: 1.Read the post. 2. Reread the post. 3. Then respond.)
    you can call me anything except johnson

The next UNH win will be Umile's 500th career victory. Let's make that happen tonight!
    that would be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

The next UNH win will be Umile's 500th career victory. Let's make that happen tonight!

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    Oops. My bad. (Well, at least I had one of the letters ("U") right in my post.) Sorry, Bill.

(Note to self: 1.Read the post. 2. Reread the post. 3. Then respond.)

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

UNH ended a 22 year drought last night with their first hockey east quarterfinal road win since 1990

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

And what about 2 of their last 4 games at the NCAAs in Manchester, against UND 3 years ago, and Miami last year? They were pretty good wins -- and the UND game will be forever memorable. (We can forget the other 2 games -- against BU and Notre Dame.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X