X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit to the Whitt last night (first time in years). Enjoyed a bit of good hockey talk with some UNH regulars that were sitting nearby, almost got Gnarls (is that the wildcats name?) to give me a high five, until he figured out I was a BU guy, and got out of there with a win in a game that really could have gone either way. The only downer was that I did not make it to Libby's for the freshly tapped clebration ale.

I was impressed with DeSmith in net... I'm assuming he earned more ice time after last nights performance?

I had forgotton how much nicer the arena is without all the luxury boxes seperating the concourse from the playing area. It definitely makes for a more bright and open atmosphere. Should have been something that they took into account a bit more at BU when they built Agganis.

Anyway, I definitely won't let that many years go by again before a return trip.... best of luck the rest of the way, looks like you may have found an answer between the pipes last night.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?
    Read that Downing took a stick to mid section last saturday in the 3rd and that is why he is out, I don't remember seeing it

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Also strange that still no mention on the USCHO schedule that the January 7th game at Maine is actually at Fenway Park.
    Never ever ever ever ever trust the USCHO schedules
    They usually grab the first draft of the schedule and unless someone mentions it to them directly, rarely have updated schedules

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Does anyone know more about the injuries related to Wyer or Downing?

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
    Interesting why to the #3 and not Wyer? Tebowing?
    Umile said this morning that Wyer is hurt, he wasnt even dressed last SAturday night. Downing is also out with an injury. Looks like Camper is in, looks like the 4th line will be Camper, Willows and Thrush.

Leave a comment:

• bomberhockey
    replied

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

Awesome! Good luck to DeSmith, good to see a shakeup!
    Interesting why to the #3 and not Wyer? Tebowing?

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    A lot of people asked the same question; "who will be in net." Havent seen a game in weeks; has Matti really struggled enough to warrant that question?
    Having only seen him in the two games they've played against BU, he was not at all impressive, and at times, bordered on flat out sucking.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    Providence has finals that day and asked to move it. Now why it's om a wednesday no idea.
    Also strange that still no mention on the USCHO schedule that the January 7th game at Maine is actually at Fenway Park.

Leave a comment:

• unhpuckfan2001
    replied

A lot of people asked the same question; "who will be in net." Havent seen a game in weeks; has Matti really struggled enough to warrant that question?

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Casey DeSmith, a native of Rochester, NH, will get the start in net tonight for the Wildcats, according to Coach Umile this morning on Greg & The Morning Buzz.

Leave a comment:

• unhpuckfan2001
    replied

speaking of nothing changes, why would the starting goaltender?
    Casey DeSmith, a native of Rochester, NH, will get the start in net tonight for the Wildcats, according to Coach Umile this morning on Greg & The Morning Buzz.
    http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...ith_casey_oiti

Don't forget to wear Blue . . .

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

DeSmith in net tonight, Downning out of the line up with an injury

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Tickets are always available out front...anybody that pays face value (nevermind fees) is a fool

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I was guessing the box office will have them at gametime as well...

Have the games been selling out this year? I'm guessing though, that a midweek game between two up and down teams is not going to be the highest in ticket demmand.
    Attendance has been disappointing so far this year. I think 4800 for the UML game on Saturday night.
    scratch that, there were 4327

from the box scores, the attendances working backwards: (out of 6501)
    UML: 4327
    UAH: 4378
    UML: 5664
    Maine: 6501
    UMass: 5244
    Northeastern: 4280
    Union: 4972
    BC: 6501
    Last edited by WildShawn; 12-07-2011, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

I have a hard time believing you couldn't find a pair at the door (maybe discounted from a season ticket holder looking to unload) or at the least at the box office w/out Ticketba stard charges
    I was guessing the box office will have them at gametime as well...

Have the games been selling out this year? I'm guessing though, that a midweek game between two up and down teams is not going to be the highest in ticket demmand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X