Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Felger View Post
    He played in like ten or twelve games....is redshirting really an option?
    If we make it far enough it might be but I'm guessing that it's unlikely.
    UNH

    "Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

    Comment


    • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

      Merry Christmas UNH.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

      Comment


      • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

        Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        If we make it far enough it might be but I'm guessing that it's unlikely.
        Does it include post season games? If so, that's really unfair to the teams that don't make the post season, or those that, unlike Michigan, don't play 40 regular season games....

        Comment


        • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

          Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Seriously. This MV kid must feel good about all the attention, good for him. Let's keep in in the spirit of the season. Go 'cats!
          It doesn't help that his father or stalker keeps posting in that thread I know I am looking forward to getting back to the action on the ice this weekend!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
            It doesn't help that his father or stalker keeps posting in that thread I know I am looking forward to getting back to the action on the ice this weekend!!
            Hes just a troll, trouble seems to pop up in every thread he posts in. Our recruit thread has been very active lately so he has found a place to get what he craves most. Attention.

            Comment


            • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

              Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              Hes just a troll, trouble seems to pop up in every thread he posts in. Our recruit thread has been very active lately so he has found a place to get what he craves most. Attention.
              Bs. If trouble means responding to some poster dumping on a kid than yes, sign me up.

              The only reason I posted once was because your pal Dover said as follows. This was before any tweets came out.

              "on Vecchione. Greg, your not in the rinks, therefore you should not comment on when recruits are ready to come in. Mass Highschool hockey is FAR worse now than it was when Collins and saviano played. Vecchione’s resume is not even close to what collins’s was. The kid is playing on the worst team in the USHL and is 6th among forwards in scoring---and you think he is ready to play on an NCAA team that has standards of being in the top 10 every year? You blame Borek for recruits not being up to par, but then criticize him for a telling a recruit that is clearly not ready to play at UNH that he is not ready? They did not pull his scholarship, they just told him he wasn’t ready. When kids commit early it is a two way street—the school has to honor the scholarship, but the player has to develop. Vecchione has done nothing this year to suggest he is ready to play next season as a scholarship player. END OF STORY. You should not evaluate recruits unless you get out to the USHL to do so"

              he has never seen him play in USHL and is a liar

              This was his next post

              "Was Vecchione included in NTDP final 40 man camp? NO... Was he drafted into the NHL? NO... He is the 6th leading scorer on the worst team in the USHL. He is a 93 which is not young for that league--there are plenty of 94's and 95's there too. What has he done beside light up a terrible league? Vecchione played with Collier and Fitzgerald, two players that will have far better college careers and two players that would have far more than 9 points in the USHL right now. I would bet alot of money on the fact that he will not be playing NCAA hockey next season---and if he is it will not be at a top school."

              followed up by

              "Blackwell is doing great at Harvard, which would lead one to think he would be doing even better in the USHL? No? Why is MV not doing well in the USHL? Ever think that because MV was the senior and the captain that he got the accolades and benefitted from playing with two even better players in Collier and Fitzgerald? hmmm??? Why is he not doing well without them? Blackwell did not play with guys like those two... "

              followed by

              "And to your comments on Hill, Smith, and Macdonald---Macdonald IS a better player than MV, no doubt...and all 3 of them are producing more than MV right now and all three are recieving less scholorship money than MV...

              You speak of him as though he is a top recruit. Why has every NHL team passed him over in the draft? Why is he not ranked on central scouting this season? Why was he not invited to the NTDP final 40 camp over the years? The answer to those questions is because he is not good enough. He is a solid player--but not a top recruit. At some point he will contribute to the success of a college program--but I do not believe it will be next season.

              I look forward to seeing which school MV commits to for next season in the near future--as you stated he already has several offers to attend schools that have had greater success than UNH--I wouldnt expect he is home for Christmas and probably narrowing his choice down now and we can expect to see his committment anyday? In fact, I am surprised that BC or BU have not scooped the blue chipper up already"

              and...

              "UNH will get a better player with that cash... "

              This is what the loud mouthed fool said next

              "And these average recruits with low ceilings that you speak of--I think Silengo, Hill, and Smith have been some of the names thrown around...well I got news for you, MV is one of those players."

              You know his dad Dover, tell him at the next game you go to. Show us what type of man you are. You said the players are open topic at this age, stand behind your comments and intrioduce yourself and tell him

              Next....

              "And you know what, dont pat yourself on the back too much for identifying that UNH has too many fillers. I think they are well aware of that and maybe they are trying to do something about it? Have you not been reading the thread in regards to MV? "

              "But it is not good. Not for a scholorship player... Not for a player expected to fill a role outside of the 4th line. My point is that he is not a "top recruit"...Taylor Cammarata is a "Top Recruit"...he is a '95 and has 3X more points than MV...If UNH lost a player of his caliber I would be on this message board calling them morons as well. Fact is that they lost a depth guy...A depth guy that numerous people come on this forum and state that they have too many of in the first place."

              Look at this loud mothed fool

              "You/NCAA watcher have compared MV to Thrush--and the scary thing is their #'s are comparable. Thrush committed as a RECRUITED WALK-ON, MV is a 75% guy, and they are producing at the same rate! Stop comparing MV to Hill, Smith, Silengo, Thrush---Compare him to the players who receive substantail scholorship money--Moses, Speelman, Goumas, Sorkin, etc...And please dont give me, "Sorkin is doing fine and wasnt overly productive." That kid has SO much more upside than MV--6'3---and the UNH staff could obviously see that. All of those players were producing at higher rates than .53 points per game. It is money ball my friend. And please do not put MV in the same category as Reid, Joey L, Matt White, etc...Matt White had an MVP year when UNH lost him--MV is not even at a point a game---NOT A TOP RECRUIT! I am done saying that. The kid has accomplished nothing outside of loading on points in house league. No offense to him--but produce at a high level and I will retract my comments...that has not happened yet... "

              "I know this--the UNH staff feels they will get a better player with that money. FACT. That is not an assumption. Call them dishonest and liars if youd liked--but us with common sense know there is no reason to lie to the kid. If they felt he was good enough plans wouldnt have changed- simple as that. Clearly a tough pill for you to swallow. Merry Xmas!

              I will look for MV at the NHL draft because CLEARLY this is a HUGE loss for UNH. He is TOP RECRUIT that has the scouts salivating. I will also look for his committment to a school FAR BETTER than UNH--How long did it take Gaudreau- a top recruit to committ after he decommitted from NU? 1 week? Was on BU/BC/UNH/UVM campus that same week? That is how TOP RECRUITS get treated. Not holding my breath for the draft or the committment. "

              This is the type of guy you would defend? These are not 28 year old professionals, they are 18 year old kids playing a game.
              Last edited by Hokydad; 12-27-2011, 02:03 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                Speelman's wrist is shattered and is very unlikely to play this season.
                Speelman arm done, Wyer done, Burke done play the yutes!!

                Comment


                • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                  Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Bs. If trouble means responding to some poster dumping on a kid than yes, sign me up.

                  The only reason I posted once was because your pal Dover said as follows. This was before any tweets came out.

                  "on Vecchione. Greg, your not in the rinks, therefore you should not comment on when recruits are ready to come in. Mass Highschool hockey is FAR worse now than it was when Collins and saviano played. Vecchione’s resume is not even close to what collins’s was. The kid is playing on the worst team in the USHL and is 6th among forwards in scoring---and you think he is ready to play on an NCAA team that has standards of being in the top 10 every year? You blame Borek for recruits not being up to par, but then criticize him for a telling a recruit that is clearly not ready to play at UNH that he is not ready? They did not pull his scholarship, they just told him he wasn’t ready. When kids commit early it is a two way street—the school has to honor the scholarship, but the player has to develop. Vecchione has done nothing this year to suggest he is ready to play next season as a scholarship player. END OF STORY. You should not evaluate recruits unless you get out to the USHL to do so"

                  he has never seen him play in USHL and is a liar

                  This was his next post

                  "Was Vecchione included in NTDP final 40 man camp? NO... Was he drafted into the NHL? NO... He is the 6th leading scorer on the worst team in the USHL. He is a 93 which is not young for that league--there are plenty of 94's and 95's there too. What has he done beside light up a terrible league? Vecchione played with Collier and Fitzgerald, two players that will have far better college careers and two players that would have far more than 9 points in the USHL right now. I would bet alot of money on the fact that he will not be playing NCAA hockey next season---and if he is it will not be at a top school."

                  followed up by

                  "Blackwell is doing great at Harvard, which would lead one to think he would be doing even better in the USHL? No? Why is MV not doing well in the USHL? Ever think that because MV was the senior and the captain that he got the accolades and benefitted from playing with two even better players in Collier and Fitzgerald? hmmm??? Why is he not doing well without them? Blackwell did not play with guys like those two... "

                  followed by

                  "And to your comments on Hill, Smith, and Macdonald---Macdonald IS a better player than MV, no doubt...and all 3 of them are producing more than MV right now and all three are recieving less scholorship money than MV...

                  You speak of him as though he is a top recruit. Why has every NHL team passed him over in the draft? Why is he not ranked on central scouting this season? Why was he not invited to the NTDP final 40 camp over the years? The answer to those questions is because he is not good enough. He is a solid player--but not a top recruit. At some point he will contribute to the success of a college program--but I do not believe it will be next season.

                  I look forward to seeing which school MV commits to for next season in the near future--as you stated he already has several offers to attend schools that have had greater success than UNH--I wouldnt expect he is home for Christmas and probably narrowing his choice down now and we can expect to see his committment anyday? In fact, I am surprised that BC or BU have not scooped the blue chipper up already"

                  and...

                  "UNH will get a better player with that cash... "

                  This is what the loud mouthed fool said next

                  "And these average recruits with low ceilings that you speak of--I think Silengo, Hill, and Smith have been some of the names thrown around...well I got news for you, MV is one of those players."

                  You know his dad Dover, tell him at the next game you go to. Show us what type of man you are. You said the players are open topic at this age, stand behind your comments and intrioduce yourself and tell him

                  Next....

                  "And you know what, dont pat yourself on the back too much for identifying that UNH has too many fillers. I think they are well aware of that and maybe they are trying to do something about it? Have you not been reading the thread in regards to MV? "

                  "But it is not good. Not for a scholorship player... Not for a player expected to fill a role outside of the 4th line. My point is that he is not a "top recruit"...Taylor Cammarata is a "Top Recruit"...he is a '95 and has 3X more points than MV...If UNH lost a player of his caliber I would be on this message board calling them morons as well. Fact is that they lost a depth guy...A depth guy that numerous people come on this forum and state that they have too many of in the first place."

                  Look at this loud mothed fool

                  "You/NCAA watcher have compared MV to Thrush--and the scary thing is their #'s are comparable. Thrush committed as a RECRUITED WALK-ON, MV is a 75% guy, and they are producing at the same rate! Stop comparing MV to Hill, Smith, Silengo, Thrush---Compare him to the players who receive substantail scholorship money--Moses, Speelman, Goumas, Sorkin, etc...And please dont give me, "Sorkin is doing fine and wasnt overly productive." That kid has SO much more upside than MV--6'3---and the UNH staff could obviously see that. All of those players were producing at higher rates than .53 points per game. It is money ball my friend. And please do not put MV in the same category as Reid, Joey L, Matt White, etc...Matt White had an MVP year when UNH lost him--MV is not even at a point a game---NOT A TOP RECRUIT! I am done saying that. The kid has accomplished nothing outside of loading on points in house league. No offense to him--but produce at a high level and I will retract my comments...that has not happened yet... "

                  "I know this--the UNH staff feels they will get a better player with that money. FACT. That is not an assumption. Call them dishonest and liars if youd liked--but us with common sense know there is no reason to lie to the kid. If they felt he was good enough plans wouldnt have changed- simple as that. Clearly a tough pill for you to swallow. Merry Xmas!

                  I will look for MV at the NHL draft because CLEARLY this is a HUGE loss for UNH. He is TOP RECRUIT that has the scouts salivating. I will also look for his committment to a school FAR BETTER than UNH--How long did it take Gaudreau- a top recruit to committ after he decommitted from NU? 1 week? Was on BU/BC/UNH/UVM campus that same week? That is how TOP RECRUITS get treated. Not holding my breath for the draft or the committment. "

                  This is the type of guy you would defend? These are not 28 year old professionals, they are 18 year old kids playing a game.
                  Hokydad is running from the other thread because he has lied so many times and people are starting to hold him accountable. You only quote what I have said and leave out your lies and bashing of the UNH staff. I do not think MV is a top recruit--I gave evidence as to why I believe this. Nothing in that writing suggest me bashing him as a person. I just oppose your thought that he is UNREAL and unh lost a TOP recruit. I dont think the loss is a big deal---you cant seem to handle that that is my opinion. I will not post on this thread again. Cheers folks---go Wildcats!

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                    Your direct comments speak volumes to what kind of person you are. You are correct, I only do quote your direct statements. The very first one from you with zero comments from me. Not bashing the UNH staff, simply pointed out that your assumptions are not facts as you try and portray them. You hvae no idea what happened but you want everyone to see your opinion as a fact, end of story.

                    Well, its not. Because your version is not what happened and those that need to know do, you not being one of them.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
                      Speelman arm done, Wyer done, Burke done play the yutes!!
                      What happened to Burke and Wyer?

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                        Can you guys please find somewhere else to argue, you've already taken over one thread, no need to kill this one too. Exchange emails or something, at this point the rest of us don't care to read it.

                        I heard mumblings that Wyer got hurt during a practice, something leg related but this is all word of mouth from a buddy in a class with him.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                          Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
                          Can you guys please find somewhere else to argue, you've already taken over one thread, no need to kill this one too. Exchange emails or something, at this point the rest of us don't care to read it.

                          I heard mumblings that Wyer got hurt during a practice, something leg related but this is all word of mouth from a buddy in a class with him.
                          Agree on the thread hi-jackings.

                          So, who do Cats fans think will be in goal against the Brown Bears on Friday night?

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                            Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Agree on the thread hi-jackings.

                            So, who do Cats fans think will be in goal against the Brown Bears on Friday night?
                            I agree, can you 2 please go somewhere else? No one wants to see you 2 whinning to see who knows more about teenage boys!!!

                            I think we see Digo Friday then who knows after that, like to see a rotation for a while to see who can win the #1 job.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                              Originally posted by Wildcat13 View Post
                              What happened to Burke and Wyer?
                              Seems Burke cant buy a break, though he was playing pretty well there and finally turned the corner and showing what he can do.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

                                Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                So, who do Cats fans think will be in goal against the Brown Bears on Friday night?
                                My gut says we'll see DeSmith on Friday, I got good feelings after watching his play against BU. DiGi already said earlier in the season that he had to earn his right to remain the starter (after sitting out GM2 @ St. Cloud), he lost it again with the BU game. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a "set-in-stone" starter for the rest of this season.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X