• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
    Are students back yet?
    I'm sure some students who live in off-campus housing are coming back this weekend, since classes start on Tuesday (1/24), but the dorms aren't open until this Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Saetia22
    replied

Not shaking hands after the game doesn't sound familiar to me.. I feel like they always do regardless..but I suppose I'm not paying the most attention to the process.

Really excited about the W last night. Let's keep this train rolling through tonight! One game at a time. Think Umile will go with the same line up? I'd like to see Thrush get some more time with Borisenok and McCarey (as I've mentioned previously).

Are students back yet?

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Just transferring a discussion from the BU thread regarding handshakes. Hokydad mentioned that they didn't shake hands after the UNH/MC game last night, and suggested that this was the norm on the first game of a 2 games weekend series, and I'm positive that's not the case in Hockey East (it was brought up because allegedly Lehman pulled PC off the ice before the handshake last night against BU?) I asked if he was sure they didn't shake hands at Lawler last night...

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    They did not

one game series they do, if it is a 2 game weekend series they usually do after 2nd game....They will shake hands tonight
    The PC coach is a class act and wouldn't disrespect anyone.
    I suggested that I've been watching Hockey East games since the early 90's and I can't ever remember a game, first or 2nd on the weekend, that they didn't shake hands unless there was reason to believe an incident would happen (and sometimes, PC, UML) an incident DID happen....

Can anyone confirm that they did not shake hands after the game? I find it hard to believe... and if that's the case, it's certainly a new thing...

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Your guys badly beat MC's wingers to the puck on multiple occasions, even some of the speed demon sophomores. Great game but the hockey gods were on your side tonight.
    they were? already?

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    It was a good one, and a surprising one as well. Even in the days when UNH was an offensive juggernaut, they always had problem scoring and winning at Merrimack.
    y'know, except that 34ish game unbeaten streak

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    It was a good one, and a surprising one as well. Even in the days when UNH was an offensive juggernaut, they always had problem scoring and winning at Merrimack. I thought last night that their only chance to win was to get ahead early and force Merrimack to open it up a little. Aided and abetted by several power plays in the second, UNH did just that. Although it was frustrating to see them try to work the puck in the second, particularly on the 5-on-3, I was pretty impressed with the way they kept Merrimack at bay in the third. Merrimack is not particularly fast, they beat you with their size and Cannata. I thought UNH did a good job of keeping the Merrimack forwards away from the shooting lanes. Having some size on the blueline definitely helped the cause. And DeSmith was rock solid on the several scrums in the crease. I feel bad for DiGi, being a senior and returning starter, but the team is definitely playing with more purpose in front of DeSmith. Be curious to see if the effort can be duplicated tonight on the bigger sheet.
    Your guys badly beat MC's wingers to the puck on multiple occasions, even some of the speed demon sophomores. Great game but the hockey gods were on your side tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    They had the Mack chasing the puck for much of the game. Cats played physical. It was a good win.
    It was a good one, and a surprising one as well. Even in the days when UNH was an offensive juggernaut, they always had problem scoring and winning at Merrimack. I thought last night that their only chance to win was to get ahead early and force Merrimack to open it up a little. Aided and abetted by several power plays in the second, UNH did just that. Although it was frustrating to see them try to work the puck in the second, particularly on the 5-on-3, I was pretty impressed with the way they kept Merrimack at bay in the third. Merrimack is not particularly fast, they beat you with their size and Cannata. I thought UNH did a good job of keeping the Merrimack forwards away from the shooting lanes. Having some size on the blueline definitely helped the cause. And DeSmith was rock solid on the several scrums in the crease. I feel bad for DiGi, being a senior and returning starter, but the team is definitely playing with more purpose in front of DeSmith. Be curious to see if the effort can be duplicated tonight on the bigger sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    They had the Mack chasing the puck for much of the game. Cats played physical. It was a good win.
    Merrimack has three wins since Thanksgiving, UNH has three wins in the last ten days. Gotta feel good about the chances for a sweep.

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    #1 Star goes to Casey DeSmith. UNH defense did a solid job defending in front of the net, blocking shots, winning battles in the corners. Team worked hard for nearly every second. Only let up was on Merrimack's only goal when a backchecking forward should have disrupted the 3-on-3 rush but that was pretty much the only glitch. Another small step in the right direction.
    Just reading the box score, seems like the biggest win of the season for the Cats. First time that they have had any PWR points (4, for tie at 29th) since their win streak back in November. A couple more wins on Saturday night and/or next weekend would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

#1 Star goes to Casey DeSmith. UNH defense did a solid job defending in front of the net, blocking shots, winning battles in the corners. Team worked hard for nearly every second. Only let up was on Merrimack's only goal when a backchecking forward should have disrupted the 3-on-3 rush but that was pretty much the only glitch. Another small step in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Umileated
    replied

Holy smokes folks! 2-1 final at Merrimack!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied

Originally posted by DaveDan View Post
    Where are they now? Recent friends of UNH hockey... no need to dwell on the past, but always interested in checking in...
    Don't forget -

Will O'Neill (Maine) - 21 GP, 1-17--18
    Joey Laleggia (Denver) - 24 GP, 9-15--24 (wow!)

Leave a comment:

• DaveDan
    replied

Where are they now? Recent friends of UNH hockey... no need to dwell on the past, but always interested in checking in

-> Cam Reid
    Season Team GP G A Pts PIM +/-
    2011-12 St. Cloud State* WCHA 22 6 9 15 31 0
    2011-12 Portland Winterhawks WHL 4 1 4 5 6 2
    * Left St Cloud State for Pros Jan 9, 2012

-> Matt White
    2011-12 U. of Nebraska-Omaha 24 11 18 29 2 0
    Leads team in scoring

-> Dan Dries
    2011-12 Ohio State University 23 11 7 18 30 0

Sat out first year transfer at OSU. Original UNH graduation date: 2011.
    Go Danny Boy! OSU is first in CCHA, Danny is 2nd in scoring and also second in, ahem, PIMs.

-> Ryan Bourque
    2011-12 Connecticut Whale AHL 33 2 4 6 0 -6
    Accomplished in the Q, adapting to AHL

-> Blake Kessel
    2011-12 Adirondack Phantoms AHL 32 1 11 12 4 2
    Last edited by DaveDan; 01-20-2012, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

"He (Stevie Moses) probably gets more scoring opportunities than anybody in the league," Umile said. "You've got to give him credit for creating that. He's so darn quick and he anticipates. He steals pucks from people. He gets a lot of takeaways."
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS-201200415

Leave a comment:

Working...
X