• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerman
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
    Happy with the 2 pts.

- Any word why Silengo dressed but didn't play? I imagine they had Pavelski playing D again tonight, but Silengo was unable to go due to his back problems.
    Pavelski played forward all night; they rotated 5 D the entire game. I believe the plan, should they get desperate (really gassed?!?) late was to move Pavel back and insert Silengo in the third line. Sil was on the pre-game sheet at D.

As for Randall, considering that they don't seem to use the red shirt year, what is the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to dress a D-man and hold him in reserve than a dinged up Silengo? Can't be good for his (Randall's) frame of mind.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Last game at PC, I went to their website and there was a link to their CBSCSports page, and one of the featured videos was "PC vs. New Hampshire Hockey". So I signed up, paid the 10 bucks and there was no video, it was just the radio broadcast. Luckily I was refunded, but it was still a bummer.
    Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    Exactly. I had a similar experience. If you look at all of their home hockey games, there is only an audio icon. There is no longer an icon for video. This just doesn't make sense, as they have had video for their games in past years.
    I had the same frustrating experience last time UNH played at PC (Jan 11). Back then, I called CSTV, who handles the Providence "All-Access" subscriptions, and they said the game was not available online because it was being broadcast by local TV - presumably COX sports. I'm going to give it another try tonight and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Last game at PC, I went to their website and there was a link to their CBSCSports page, and one of the featured videos was "PC vs. New Hampshire Hockey". So I signed up, paid the 10 bucks and there was no video, it was just the radio broadcast. Luckily I was refunded, but it was still a bummer.
    Exactly. I had a similar experience. If you look at all of their home hockey games, there is only an audio icon. There is no longer an icon for video. This just doesn't make sense, as they have had video for their games in past years.

Leave a comment:

• Saetia22
    replied

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what's up with Providence's video of their home hockey games...or lack there of? There doesn't appear to be anywhere to watch the Providence home hockey game against the 'Cats. This didn't use to be the case. Can anyone elucidate this?

Also, good win for the 'Cats last night. DeSmith looked great in the net!

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    That's certainly the way the SOG in the box score seem to read, too. Not a great strategy for success, even in the days when the Cats had more offensive power than this year. They need to play all out, leave-nothing-on-the-ice hockey in all three periods the rest of the way if they want the 6th slot in the HE quarters.
    No it isn't, when they are aggressive and pushing offensively they seem to have their feet moving and playing a lot faster and getting back on defense quicker and playing all around much better game, when they sit back and wait for the play to come to them is when they seem to make mistakes and make stupid turnovers. I think they played much better the last 2 Saturdays vs. Merrimack and BC, if they come out and play that style I do like what I see. They need to be pressing and play with a little edge, I think they are having a difficult time to find their identity, they are a bigger team than in years past on the blue line so it seems at time they try to slow it down and let the play to come to them, but then again they have some smaller fast guys up front who should be handling the puck and dictating play. Hopefully they come out tonight and play 60 minutes of aggressive hockey, if they do like they did in the first last night and the last 2 Saturdays I have a good feeling about tonight, and hope that Kipp is back, the more I see DeSmith the less I worry about between the pipes.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Does anyone know what's up with Providence's video of their home hockey games...or lack thereof? There doesn't appear to be anywhere to watch the Providence home hockey game against the 'Cats. This didn't use to be the case. Can anyone elucidate this?

Also, good win for the 'Cats last night. DeSmith looked great in the net!
    Last edited by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan; 02-04-2012, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    Last night is seemed once they got up 3 the were playing back more and relying on the D and DeSmith,
    That's certainly the way the SOG in the box score seem to read, too. Not a great strategy for success, even in the days when the Cats had more offensive power than this year. They need to play all out, leave-nothing-on-the-ice hockey in all three periods the rest of the way if they want the 6th slot in the HE quarters.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Not a solid 60 minute effort, but at this point a win is a win. Was the start we were all hoping for, but the 2nd was different and the team looked gassed, Hopefully Kipp is back soon, tonight would be nice. Desmith is getting better every game and could be the real deal. Have to say the D has started to really step up and TVR and Knoddel are playing like we all hoped they would , thought Agosta was a little off last night. As was mentioned liked the pressure the Willows-Block-Thrust line showed all night, a really good energy line. I think when the play aggressive on offense they generate alot more chances which I think we all know they need, Last night is seemed once they got up 3 the were playing back more and relying on the D and DeSmith, Hopefully tonight they come out with the same fire and keep it up for 60 minutes. Here is hopefully being in 6th after tonight and controlling their own fate.

Leave a comment:

• Saetia22
    replied

Happy with the 2 pts.
    - Willows, Thrush, Block really put some pressure on for a 4th line.. I like it.
    - Wasn't overly impressed with the way we took our foot off the gas. I think we did well defensively though.
    - Any word why Silengo dressed but didn't play? I imagine they had Pavelski playing D again tonight, but Silengo was unable to go due to his back problems.
    - Why recruit anyone who you won't play minimally in dire situations (Randall).
    - Anyword when Kipp will be back?

PS - Sorkinator with two beautiful assists.. stepped up enough?
    Last edited by Saetia22; 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied

Im looking for Sorkin to step it up this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    Will we see anyone step up this weekend, my pick for that is Burke, liked the way he played last weekend thing he is on the cusp on playing like he was right before he went out.
    I also liked the fact that that line was essentially the first line last Saturday....well, at least until overtime...Burke's line is more balanced, gitty and defensively oriented than the alleged top line...that said look for Moses to have a big weekend. UNH is playing a team in the bottom half of the league, those are the ones he feasts on...

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Well who would have thought the biggest game of the year would be against Providence, but this weekend is bigger than the games against Merrimack and BC. 3 or 4 points this weekend would be huge for the playoff push, can’t let Providence take the points if we have want any chance of getting up to the 6th seed. I am looking for the boys to come out of the gates with everything as they should know this is do or die, as has been the question the last month where will they get the secondary scoring? Will we see anyone step up this weekend, my pick for that is Burke, liked the way he played last weekend thing he is on the cusp on playing like he was right before he went out.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Let me assure you, that feeling is mutual.
    Not because UNH would be favored (they wouldn't against any of the top 4), I just want to be able to go to the games, and not in a high school gym. (But congrats, this is a historically bad season for UNH, and it's still better than the average UML season)

I think UNH will finish 6th still, though not sure where UML is standing and where they will stand. They blew out UML once, and lost twice that weekend because of their awful goaltender who is currently riding the pine.
    Last edited by WildShawn; 02-02-2012, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Good. Try not to cry too much about. I'm happy for Lowell. Better than seeing UMA in their spot.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    - 21st strength of schedule (including horrible NC slate of Uconn twice, UAH, Mankato twice, RPI)
    - Struggles with Uconn (L and OT win)
    - Big wins mostly vs struggling teams at the time (vs. BU when they were struggling - BU had lost to HC and got blown out by PC around the same time and wins, 2 wins @ Maine when Maine was struggling, W vs. BC... an admittedly decent win when BC was playing well early in the season).

It is what it is. We'll know more after they battle Merrimack 3 times, BU twice, and Maine once in a 6 straight stretch (not in that order).

Then again, they might do well, Maine is in WAY over their heads, BU might be fading here and has injury issues (plus you never know when someone might leave the program, get kicked off randomly by Jacko, or get arrested), and Merrimack's might be fading a bit as well.

When Lowell beats a good team early in the season it's because that team was struggling and it says nothing about Lowell as a team.

When Lowell looses to UConn early in the season it's because Lowell's obviously not very good and it says everything about Lowell as a team.

Ok, got it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X