2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

According to the Twitter world it's looking like a dislocated shoulder, broken wrist, and concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Just out of curiosity, how has Jay Camper looked in the action he's gotten this year?
      Not too bad, when he isn't getting into penalty trouble Scored his first goal against Maine two weeks ago. Didn't play last night, but with Speelman injured, may play tonight against BU.
      sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

The lost of Speelman will be a tough one to over come, but I look at this way, its a great chance for one of the young guys to really step up. I would like to see Trush on that line, have really liked what I see out of the kid and like to see what he can really do. Should also give Camper a chance to crack the line up and show how good he can be, and hopefully plays smarter seems like he sometimes plays on the edge and then goes over and could end up costing the team, but if he stays on the right side he has a good upside. to. It seems like there was a lot of juggling of the lines after Speelman went out and seems like everyone has good chemistry with each other which I think has added to the balance scoring attack. If this injury was a month ago I would be more concerned about it, but the boys are getting better every game so I think they will be able to shake it off and continue to move forward.

Comment

I watched the game last night and the game against UVM and they looked very similar. Five on five, they dominated all night long. They kept UML/UVM to the perimeter all night which kept DiGi from having to make the big stop. He really just had to be steady and not shoot himself in the foot. The PK was great again and our PP although not scoring a ton at least generates chances, unlike in past years. I grow ever more impressed with TVR every game. Guy just seems to make the smart play whenever he's out there. And how good is Casey Thrush going to be?
          Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
          2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

sorry e.cat for the tardiness but that game you spoke about with Cap was in 75...at the pool end of Snively, Cap goes to the corner to play the puck, it jumps over his stick and Kock does score the winner...Cap was critisized for weeks on that play.....great game, huge win for UVM....as for tonight vs BU, I hope BU is still playing the slow UVM game and we do as Nifty16 says keeping the play to the boards and limiting the quality shots.....I saw that UMass-BU game, so we can do that as well....
            Last edited by zoofer; 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

UNH flipped 8 pwr points with UML in win last night. Yeah, I know, pwr does not mean much this early in the season, but it still amazes me what one win can do.

I was really impressed by the five UNH frosh last night; will be needed without Speelman, and Kipp?, tonight? The 90 sec of 5-3 pk was superb, although those calls were awful.

Looking forward to my second game at Lake Whitt next Saturday night. Cannot believe that these games are not selling out.

Comment

Let's pretend tonight never happened and just move onto Harvard.
                Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

They really didn't play that poorly tonight. Gotta stop giving up soft goals and need to bear down in front of the net offensively, but they took it to BU for large portions of the 2nd half of the game in particular. Had some decent chances early in the game and missed the net on every single one. Might have gotten themselves off to a better start if they could have put a few of those chances on goal instead of high off the glass and around the wall to start BU breakouts.

Comment

"UNH Drops Tight Matchup with BU"
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Does anybody know which is the visitors section at the Bright Center?

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        "UNH Drops Tight Matchup with BU"
                        Good writeup and agree with almost everything you had to say...the notable exception is I didn't think Willows looked good at all aside from his one ambitious rush in the 3rd period. He was once again a turnover machine along the wall all night and while blessed with good speed he is incredibly slow in his reactions to game situations such as transition. He looks completely unsure of himself and his decisions and is playing without any confidence whatsoever. Instead of just reacting to the game as it happens he's looking around to see what everyone else does first before he makes up his mind as to what he's going to do. Whereas guys like Thrush and Downing and even Camper could pass as upperclassmen, he definitely looks like a freshman. It will definitely not happen now, especially with such a serious injury to Speelman, but I think he would benefit most from going back to juniors for the 2nd semester, getting a lot of ice time, growing his confidence, and giving it another go next season. I certainly think he has the upside and potential to be a very good player, he's just not ready right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                          Good writeup and agree with almost everything you had to say...the notable exception is I didn't think Willows looked good at all aside from his one ambitious rush in the 3rd period. He was once again a turnover machine along the wall all night and while blessed with good speed he is incredibly slow in his reactions to game situations such as transition. He looks completely unsure of himself and his decisions and is playing without any confidence whatsoever. Instead of just reacting to the game as it happens he's looking around to see what everyone else does first before he makes up his mind as to what he's going to do. Whereas guys like Thrush and Downing and even Camper could pass as upperclassmen, he definitely looks like a freshman. It will definitely not happen now, especially with such a serious injury to Speelman, but I think he would benefit most from going back to juniors for the 2nd semester, getting a lot of ice time, growing his confidence, and giving it another go next season. I certainly think he has the upside and potential to be a very good player, he's just not ready right now.
                          I understand what you mean - compared to the freshmen forwards who came out of the USHL and BCHL, Matt Willows is not polished or self-confident at this level. By nature, I tend to focus on the upside of 1st year players and I did see some raw talent (speed, grit, physicality) that may serve him well as he matures. He had some blatant miscues last night and during the first couple of periods in particular, he seemed to be looking around at his teammates (presumably) trying to gauge whether he was in the correct position on the ice. I'm not sure if this is a factor but when I saw him play for the Jersey Hitmen last season, he was playing center and last night he was on the right wing. Compared to his icetime in the exhibition game against New Brunswick, he looked more determined (last night) to do what he does best at this stage - go after the puck with speed and an edge. At the high school and EJHL level, he was a prolific scorer. He'll be a valuable addition to this year's team if he shows some of this scoring touch as he moves beyond his first NCAA game.
                          Last edited by C-H-C; 11-20-2011, 10:01 AM.
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                            They really didn't play that poorly tonight. Gotta stop giving up soft goals and need to bear down in front of the net offensively, but they took it to BU for large portions of the 2nd half of the game in particular. Had some decent chances early in the game and missed the net on every single one. Might have gotten themselves off to a better start if they could have put a few of those chances on goal instead of high off the glass and around the wall to start BU breakouts.
                            I thought UNH played pretty poorly in the first two periods last night, especially coming off their best game of the year. Granted, BU is a heck of a lot more talented than UML (despite the 7-1 thrashing they took) but, if the 'Cats had played in the first the way they played in the third, they could have won the game. Also thought the first BU goal was pretty weak. Can't let a shot from that angle go in short side, just can't. Second Saturday in a row DiGi has let in a softy. Puzzling to me because he can play so spectacularly at times.

After six weeks of play, and having seen all the teams except Merrimack and Providence, the watchword seems to be parity (I was going to say mediocrity but I'll be nice). No one except BC has stood out and even they seem to have some weaknesses. Despite an awful start, UNH can be right in the hunt for home ice but, to do so, they have to play with consistency, period after period, from the goalie on out. Next two games are against less than stellar non-conference opponents. Winning won't help the pwr too much, but losses could be a killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              UNH flipped 8 pwr points with UML in win last night. Yeah, I know, pwr does not mean much this early in the season, but it still amazes me what one win can do.

Looking forward to my second game at Lake Whitt next Saturday night. Cannot believe that these games are not selling out.
                              And one loss drops them 6 pwr points to 3 total, but lots of parity with BU and UML chasing Mac and BC.

Sadly, could be our last chance to see Alabama -Huntsville; what a storied hockey town.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                I thought UNH played pretty poorly in the first two periods last night, especially coming off their best game of the year. Granted, BU is a heck of a lot more talented than UML (despite the 7-1 thrashing they took) but, if the 'Cats had played in the first the way they played in the third, they could have won the game. Also thought the first BU goal was pretty weak. Can't let a shot from that angle go in short side, just can't. Second Saturday in a row DiGi has let in a softy. Puzzling to me because he can play so spectacularly at times.
                                I was a bit surprised myself to see that shot make it in if only because point shots seemed to be the bread and butter of the UML offense Friday night, and UNH managed those quite well. Also, stamina in the 6 period weekends seems like it's an issue to me. Maybe they need a Friday night curfew.
                                Hit Somebody!

Comment

Working...
                                X