X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosrite
    replied
    Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Wow, not even a change of scenery /coaches could straighten out this kid. Scholarship $$$ hard at work once again! (assuming he has such!)

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

If they could win out the regular season, including big pwr point opportuntities with Mac and Maine, could they perhaps receive a NCAA bid by getting into the championship HE tourney game?

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

(Ohio State Head Coach) Osiecki said after the game that Ohio State’s second leading scorer, Danny Dries, was suspended for a violation of team rules following a meeting with the coaching staff and Ohio State administrators. Osiecki said the suspension is indefinite and did not know when or if Dries would return for the season.

Dries transferred to Ohio State after being booted from New Hampshire in 2009 two days before the NCAA Tournament. Dries missed both contests this weekend against MSU.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/02/...#ixzz1ldi2zu8d

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    it's also good that they have head to head games with NU and UMass left, and having 2 home games left with UVM should, in theory, help them too. Hopefully they can get enough points to stay in 6th place. Either way, they're playing a little better, and DeSmith has been more than solid, while gaining a lot of experience. Hopefully it bodes well for the future...
    Do like they have thier fate in thier own hands, makes for a little less scoreboard watching. Think DeSmith is getting better every game, more and more I see him the more and more I feel good about the next couple of years, to go with Downing, Trush, Willows and TVR this freshman class is looking pretty decent

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    MC beating UMass with two seconds to go didn't hurt either, would like as much cushion as possible going into the last couple weeks of the season
    it's also good that they have head to head games with NU and UMass left, and having 2 home games left with UVM should, in theory, help them too. Hopefully they can get enough points to stay in 6th place. Either way, they're playing a little better, and DeSmith has been more than solid, while gaining a lot of experience. Hopefully it bodes well for the future...

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    4 HUGE points this weekend,
    MC beating UMass with two seconds to go didn't hurt either, would like as much cushion as possible going into the last couple weeks of the season

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied

4 HUGE points this weekend, not the best hockey they have played either, but take all the points they can get. Now all eyes turn to NU and hopefully 2 more big points next Friday, going to need to come out strong once again, but hopefully play 60 minutes. Still think they played better against Merrimack and BC then this weekend, if they play with that intesity should hopefully get the W. Do like look at the national stats and seeing DeSmith #8 in the country in save %

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied

Bring on UML

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied

nor should they, you guys have had an impressive year, and are relevant for the first time since Roloson, and UNH has been downright bad at times.

That said, I still hope UNH plays UML in the quarterfinals since it'll be easy to get to those games, and I love watching games in your arena. Some revenge for 2001 would be a bonus too Good luck the rest of the way!
    good luck as well!

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
    With Dickie U there, might be the constant moving forward. If we are going to have a ****ing match about the past, congrats you win. I am focused on this year... and, well... UNH doesn't scare me this year.
    nor should they, you guys have had an impressive year, and are relevant for the first time since Roloson, and UNH has been downright bad at times.

That said, I still hope UNH plays UML in the quarterfinals since it'll be easy to get to those games, and I love watching games in your arena. Some revenge for 2001 would be a bonus too Good luck the rest of the way!

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied

we're not used to being in this position, but 6th place would normally be a banner year for you
    With Dickie U there, might be the constant moving forward. If we are going to have a ****ing match about the past, congrats you win. I am focused on this year... and, well... UNH doesn't scare me this year.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
    The game you "blew out Lowell" - that goaltender was Robbins, not Carr. I hope you get your wish and play Lowell in the Quarter finals. I mean, Lowell has had so much trouble playing at the Tsongas this season.
    Congrats, the only reason you had a win against UNH, let alone two, was because DiGirolamo was the goaltender, not DeSmith. I like UNH's chances at Lowell over any of the other teams that might finish 1-4, not that I would expect them to win 2/3 (we're not used to being in this position, but 6th place would normally be a banner year for you)

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied

Not because UNH would be favored (they wouldn't against any of the top 4), I just want to be able to go to the games, and not in a high school gym. (But congrats, this is a historically bad season for UNH, and it's still better than the average UML season)

I think UNH will finish 6th still, though not sure where UML is standing and where they will stand. They blew out UML once, and lost twice that weekend because of their awful goaltender who is currently riding the pine.
    I want Lowell in the quarterfinals.
    The game you "blew out Lowell" - that goaltender was Robbins, not Carr. I hope you get your wish and play Lowell in the Quarter finals. I mean, Lowell has had so much trouble playing at the Tsongas this season.
    Last edited by hawkeytown; 02-04-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: Forgot additional quote

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Woo, hoo; UNH back on the PWR board with 2 points after OT win tonight. Was that really the fourth line on the ice for two goals, along with Hardowa?

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    I had the same frustrating experience last time UNH played at PC (Jan 11). Back then, I called CSTV, who handles the Providence "All-Access" subscriptions, and they said the game was not available online because it was being broadcast by local TV - presumably COX sports. I'm going to give it another try tonight and hope for the best.
    C-H-C,

I'm sorry to say that there is still only audio being offered by Providence for the game tonight...and this is the case for the rest of Providence's home games this season. At least through cbs sports "all-access," there will not be video of the game tonight...which is disappointing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X