No announcement yet.

Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Yup.
    Jutting's future is likely not with us..
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Jutting's future is likely not with us..
      If I could only believe that. He's got another year on his contract, and I don't see the university eating his salary for a year. Then comes the "new WCHA," and I can just hear them announcing an extension of his contract because "we want to give him a chance in this league, to see what he can do competing with similar institutions."
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

If I could only believe that. He's got another year on his contract, and I don't see the university eating his salary for a year. Then comes the "new WCHA," and I can just hear them announcing an extension of his contract because "we want to give him a chance in this league, to see what he can do competing with similar institutions."
        I'm taking a small amount of solace in the fact that the hockey team isn't competing in the Mineral Water Bowl this year...
        '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Saw this......"MSU's freshmen class has totalled 24-28--52 this year which ties for fifth in the nation amongst all first-year classes trailing only Mercyhurst (34-60--94), Ohio State (27-50--77), Michigan (28-49--77) and Providence (18-35--53). The Mavericks are tied with Minnesota (21-31--52) and Miami (24-28--52)."

There's that and there's recruits Bryce Gervais (Penticton) leading the BCHL in goals (32 in 38 games), Brett Knowles (Cowichan) ranking 17th in that league in scoring (47 points in 17 games), Teddy Blueger (Shattuck) rated 69th in NA skaters list by Central Scouting and G Stephon Williams named to the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Hey, Purple Cow fans.

How about some where to stay and where to eat advice? The boss loves pizza. I hear that Pagliai's is the place to eat it.

The wife and I are making MSU our annual road trip this weekend. Disgraceful that we've not done it before. With conference realignment, who knows when we'll do this again?

We've not bought tickets in advance since we've been told it was not necessary to do so.

Help out your bovine brethren.

Comment

Someone actually posted on this thread and it's a Mavs fan....
              Pagliai's is good stuff. Also Dino's in North Mankato right across the bridge from the verizon center is very good. Pagliai's is is more greasy, lots of cheese pizza. Dino's does it with a little more upscale ingredients and has some good specialty pizzas as well. As far as staying I think the Hilton is the best bet if you want to make it easy. It's the newest place in town and is connected to the verizon by skyway. The city center is connected as well.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                Someone actually posted on this thread and it's a Mavs fan....
                Pagliai's is good stuff. Also Dino's in North Mankato right across the bridge from the verizon center is very good. Pagliai's is is more greasy, lots of cheese pizza. Dino's does it with a little more upscale ingredients and has some good specialty pizzas as well. As far as staying I think the Hilton is the best bet if you want to make it easy. It's the newest place in town and is connected to the verizon by skyway. The city center is connected as well.
                Thanks, the wife is a chef and disdains "cheesefests" on any food and pizza is her all time favorite thing to eat.

Son of a you know what, we did not get there today. The boss was all worried last night about all the snow that fell between here and there and I am going to have to get to work on her tomorrow morning for tomorrow night. It's less than a 5 hour drive.

We're hoping you've not permanently maimed our goalie. Can't speak to what happened since I didn't see it.

Comment

You can see the video of the games, including the Masa incident on the UNO sports website. It didn't look intentional at all.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                    You can see the video of the games, including the Masa incident on the UNO sports website. It didn't look intentional at all.
                    According to Darren Blue, the ref actually came up to the bench and told the coaches that the UNO player pushed Mosey into him. It certainly wasn't intentional, just an aggressive play with a bad result.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Perhaps the Mavs can continue to improve now that the injury bug seems to be behind them. The schedule is in their favor, facing WCHA teams in the bottom half of the standings. Although the Freshman seem to have cooled of a little as of late, it was good to see Hayes light the lamp. Cook has settled down and is giving the team an opportunity to win each night in net. I am optimistic that they will build some momentum heading to the conference tourney

Comment

Originally posted by Mavwatcher View Post
                        Perhaps the Mavs can continue to improve now that the injury bug seems to be behind them. The schedule is in their favor, facing WCHA teams in the bottom half of the standings. Although the Freshman seem to have cooled of a little as of late, it was good to see Hayes light the lamp. Cook has settled down and is giving the team an opportunity to win each night in net. I am optimistic that they will build some momentum heading to the conference tourney
                        We go through this crap every year. Start out awful, get buried in the standings. Once any chance at playoff home ice is gone, start to play a little better. People say "ooh, we could make some noise in the playoffs." Team gets eliminated on the road in opening round. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Stop falling for it.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavwatcher View Post
                          Every year we hear Mike Sullivan on the radio with that same old babble, something to the effect of, I don't think anyone wants to play us in the playoffs this year. Trust me, they all want to play MSU. We have never won a playoff series on the road. Once in a while, we win a game, and I pray that does not happen this year. That probably would be enough for Buisman to give Jutting another 4 year extension.

Comment

Well, it looks like the honor of eliminating the Mavericks from the league playoffs will fall to Duluth this year. Unless Bemidji gets swept by Anchorage and we sweep NoDak (highly unlikely) we'll be playing the #2 seed after having once again secured 11th place. It's still possible that Duluth and the Gophers could switch places I suppose. In any case, at least this year we won't have to go to Colorado to get knocked out.

Comment

Yep, congratulations, Duluth, you get to put us out of our misery this year. At least we don't have to go to Colorado to get knocked out this year.

Fire Jutting. (I know it won't happen.)

Comment

Yep, congratulations, Duluth, you get to put us out of our misery this year. At least we don't have to go to Colorado to get knocked out this year.

Fire Jutting. (I know it won't happen.)
                                I heard a rumor it might.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X