No announcement yet.

Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

This is going to be a long season.

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Minnesota State University, Mankato Maverick Hockey Thread

Wow....it's obviously been bad, but I didn't realize it was this bad already in the injury department. I didn't realize this many guys were out tonight.

From Freddy's blog:

2. M*A*S*H unit: Eriah Hayes was called for cross-checking in the final seconds of the second period and when the third started he was replaced in the penalty box by Charlie Thauwald. Hayes was taken out of the game with an upper body injury, so add his name to the quickly growing list of banged-up players. J.P. Burkemper, Tyler Elbrecht, Max Gaede, Danny Heath, Zach Lehrke and Josh Nelson all were scratched Saturday with various ailments. "That's well over a quarter of a roster not playing now," Jutting said. The Mavericks were also missing Mike Louwerse, who was called for checking from behind — a major and a game misconduct with about five minutes left in the first period. "It's so frustrating because of all the injuries," Jutting said. "You still gotta go out and compete, but when it rains it pours right now.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

This sucks. I like the Mavs to do well.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Swept by Lowell? You boys are in trouble. Good luck against Denver. lol
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Well, Friday in Denver must've been about all we had in the tank.

Hopefully this weekend off will help get SOME guys injured, at this point I don't know that we could fill a full roster...

I just pray we can compete this year. I know we're probably not going to win many games, but if they work hard, we have to appreciate that, too.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Well, Friday in Denver must've been about all we had in the tank.

Hopefully this weekend off will help get SOME guys injured, at this point I don't know that we could fill a full roster...

I just pray we can compete this year. I know we're probably not going to win many games, but if they work hard, we have to appreciate that, too.
              MSU-M is having the same problems of injuries that Michigan Tech had last year. ..
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Some of us may have unintentionally given MSUM posters the impression we were gloating last Saturday. Under the circumstances, I fully understand how they might have thought that, but we weren't. I apologize for the misunderstanding. We all realize things are tough for the Mavericks now. And we know they'll be a better, perhaps much better team later this season. We meant no disrespect.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 10-27-2011, 10:04 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Some of us may have unintentionally given MSUM posters the impression we were gloating last Saturday. Under the circumstances, I fully understand how they might have thought that, but we weren't. I apologize for the misunderstanding. We all realize things are tough for the Mavericks now. And we know they'll be a better, perhaps much better team later this season. We meant no disrespect.
                  Not a problem, Old Pio.

Well, let's hope we're competitive in a rather tough trip to Houghton this weekend!

Get Healthy, GO MAVS!
                  AF 99

Comment

best part of the weekend
                    http://youtu.be/fFYEH2KMc_0
                    Last edited by blueyesme2; 11-21-2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyesme2 View Post
                      best part of the weekend
                      http://youtu.be/fFYEH2KMc_0
                      Unfortunate eh?

We'll see how much of a trainwreck we have on our hands after this weekend..can't be swept at home by UAA.
                      AF 99

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Maverick fans!
                        AF 99

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Maverick fans!
                          Happy Thanksgiving MavHockey14. I need to get a VCR. I have a tape of that game where you guys comeback from like 5 goals to beat Denver.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

It was a 6-goal deficit. They came back from being behind 7-1 to win 8-7. I was there.

Happy Thanksgiving, hockey fans!
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              It was a 6-goal deficit. They came back from being behind 7-1 to win 8-7. I was there.

Happy Thanksgiving, hockey fans!
                              Still don't believe it.

Well, I think the long season we feared may be upon us..
                              AF 99

Comment

Well, I think the long season we feared may be upon us..
                                Yup.
                                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X