Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Andy Miele named AHL Rookie of the Month

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      That's my boy.

Comment

Is it just me or is this a bit of a trap game/series? I'm just not that excited about it. We've had a some very big weekends the past month and I'm just not that stoked about playing a depleted, rebuilding Northern team. I hope that this is not endemic of the team. Perhaps it will help that the team is so young and many of these kids haven't played at Northern yet - it might keep them intrigued and excited.

Thoughts?
        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
          Is it just me or is this a bit of a trap game/series? I'm just not that excited about it. We've had a some very big weekends the past month and I'm just not that stoked about playing a depleted, rebuilding Northern team. I hope that this is not endemic of the team. Perhaps it will help that the team is so young and many of these kids haven't played at Northern yet - it might keep them intrigued and excited.

Thoughts?
          I'm excited, he is too:

*****http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6049/75261817.png******

I fully understand that we are playing better hockey right now than our record shows, but a month ago we were also playing just as poorly as our 2-6 mark indicated, personally going to wait a little longer before I start labeling games as traps, but I know where you are coming from.

Comment

Did anyone ever hear what happened with all of Northern's freshman? I know 5 of them were arrested and charged with stealing bicycles but never looked into whether they are playing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
              Did anyone ever hear what happened with all of Northern's freshman? I know 5 of them were arrested and charged with stealing bicycles but never looked into whether they are playing or not.
              Two of the 5 haven't seen any ice time this year anyway but the other 3 played in their series against MSU a couple weeks ago (post-bike incident). However, they will be missing two juniors and a sophomore due to game DQs from the Saturday MSU game and probably missing a senior out with a leg injury, so they'll be short one skater for the Friday game (rotating 5 d-men, it seems). Of course that means some guys that don't normally get much, if any, ice time will be working hard to take advantage of the opportunity and prove themselves.

On another note, I always love playing NMU because of Goofus. Hope he's doing well!
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                Real men steal purses.

OT - Just because I would probably get scolded for asking over on MHT, does anyone know what Orlando Williams nabbed?
                Last edited by MUhawks628; 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Real men steal purses.

OT - Just because I would probably get scolded for asking over on MHT, does anyone know what Orlando Williams nabbed?
                  Who?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    Who?
                    Charlie Coles just turned over in his grave...er...on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      Two of the 5 haven't seen any ice time this year anyway but the other 3 played in their series against MSU a couple weeks ago (post-bike incident). However, they will be missing two juniors and a sophomore due to game DQs from the Saturday MSU game and probably missing a senior out with a leg injury, so they'll be short one skater for the Friday game (rotating 5 d-men, it seems). Of course that means some guys that don't normally get much, if any, ice time will be working hard to take advantage of the opportunity and prove themselves.

On another note, I always love playing NMU because of Goofus. Hope he's doing well!
                      I seem to remember that guy in Washington in '09 pulling hard for the RedHawks in his Northern gear. If it is the same guy I am thinking of, he is a great guy. He also made it to Oxford a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        Goofus. Hope he's doing well!
                        I can only aspire to be that awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Real men steal purses.

Apparently they also get stitches in their neck #manly
                          Last edited by MIamiGirl; 12-02-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Nothing in the game notes or on his twitter about Biggs sitting again tonight. Hopefully he is out there.

Comment

You are correct, redeagle! He made the trip out and adopted Miami, the only CCHA representative, as his team for the weekend. He even learned the Miami Fight Song on his polkacello for us. I believe he was actually at the 2nd Round CCHA Tournament games in Oxford that year when they won game 2 and 3 to get to the Joe and we had to sit around for a very long week hoping to get into the NCAAs. I think I first met him during the NMU series in Oxford during the 06-07 season. A diehard and classy fan who always has a good time.
                              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Yea RHBM, I think I remember him from the '06/'07 season in Oxford and, of course, from Washington. He is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X