This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    Looking back on it, even a score of 4-0 doesn't do justice to how lopsided that game was.
    I realize this is going to be frowned upon, but am I the only one that felt that the game was kind of disjointed? it felt like it was out of flow most of the game...relentless? Yes. Free flowing? No.
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
      I realize this is going to be frowned upon, but am I the only one that felt that the game was kind of disjointed? it felt like it was out of flow most of the game...relentless? Yes. Free flowing? No.
      Not sure what you mean by disjointed. Some of our play in the offensive zone was a bit gritty, but effective. I could see that being a bit disjointed, and certainly not free flowing.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
        I would call the win "workmanlike." It sure was different than UM. Unlike the recent past, BG did a nice job of blocking shots and getting sticks in lanes and that disrupted the flow quite a bit, but credit to them (obviously that is a reflection of their coach). Quite a few of the blocks were bad decisions by MU, IMO. BG was especially effective preventing the chip off the wall to space. That worked better against UM because they are more aggressive (with good reason) and up and down. I think tonight is huge to keep it going. BG plays hard. Reichard made about three really good saves when it was 0-0. That was the key because MU could get the lead, stay out of the box (well most of the time) and grind it out. I love a "dull" game like that one when you come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          Looking back on it, even a score of 4-0 doesn't do justice to how lopsided that game was. I can't believe how well we kept the puck in the BG zone, there were times when i think their players were going on 2.5-3 minute shifts. BG definitely had a few chances at net, but Cody looked sharp as well. As much faith as I have in both goalies, I say leave Cody in until he drops a game.
          For the most part... but I felt like Miami really sat back during the first half of the 3rd period and BG seemed to be controlling play a lot during that time and getting some good sustained pressure around the Miami goal. Luckily Reichard stood strong and we got things rolling again to finish off the game. However, it would be better to see Miami applying pressure for all 60 minutes regardless of the score.
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            stay out of the box
            This.

We definitely played a much more disciplined game last night. For a series that has produced some ridiculous brawls over the past few years, it was nice to see a relatively clean game.

Comment

This.

We definitely played a much more disciplined game last night. For a series that has produced some ridiculous brawls over the past few years, it was nice to see a relatively clean game.
              I especially enjoyed the few instances when the guys "helped each other off of the ice."

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                "workmanlike."
                a man of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  back on the bandwagoon?

This 5 game win streak...
                  Five game unbeaten streak.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Looking back on it, even a score of 4-0 doesn't do justice to how lopsided that game was. I can't believe how well we kept the puck in the BG zone, there were times when i think their players were going on 2.5-3 minute shifts. BG definitely had a few chances at net, but Cody looked sharp as well. As much faith as I have in both goalies, I say leave Cody in until he drops a game.
                    I feel the same way. I said a few weeks ago that if Cody kept playing well we should stick with him for as long as he can keep it going. I was ripped for the take. But it looks like that is the approach Rico is going with. Although tonight wouldn't be a bad game to get Connor some action.

Comment

Originally posted by muredhawks07 View Post
                      I feel the same way. I said a few weeks ago that if Cody kept playing well we should stick with him for as long as he can keep it going. I was ripped for the take. But it looks like that is the approach Rico is going with. Although tonight wouldn't be a bad game to get Connor some action.
                      I think that's the key. I'm all for going with the hot hand but I'd also like to make sure Connor sees some action and builds up confidence in case Cody gets sick/injured or just hits a bad stretch.

Comment

Giving away 2 points like that is frustrating to the max. Thought we were going to get out with a win on a night when Reichard clearly did not have his best stuff. The tying goal was especially frustrating, pretty lazy defense. Oh well, off to Denver.

Comment

Defense did not look good tonight, Cody even looked a little unsettled at times.

It's unfortunate to say this because he has been putting in some halfway decent performances as of late, but there was some vintage-Kennedy stuff going on tonight.

Comment

Well on the bright side I was just looking at some scores and noticed Michigan got swept at home, that makes me feel a bit better.

Comment

Two of BG's goals were extremely weak. I was sure Rico would pull Cody after that 3rd goal. The PP also looked terrible most of the night. It seemed like we were getting better quality chances on the PK than the PP. And taking the penalty (Paulazzo, I think?) in OT when about to get a PP is completely inexcusable.

Comment

How did Biggs play in both games???

Comment

Working...
                                X