Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    I was sitting on the glass at the other end of the ice (not the best view), and even from there I looked to the ref fully expecting the interference call, so I'll give you that one. On the replay of Biggs non-goal, I didn't see any kicking motion, so obvious might be a stretch, but not claiming to be an expert on such things.
    A friend of mine who was watching it on TV told me the commentary guys said it was because Biggs' skate was in the crease before the puck... I wasn't aware that was a rule.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
      A friend of mine who was watching it on TV told me the commentary guys said it was because Biggs' skate was in the crease before the puck... I wasn't aware that was a rule.
      It was in the NHL in the 90's, that isn't still around in college is it?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
        That's what I heard from a friend who was watching on TV also. And she said she could see that his foot may have been in the crease but he definitely didn't kick it.

Comment

At any rate, we took 5 of 6 which was far better than most expected out of the weekend. In the past I've never been one to derive much excitment from a shootout win, but mentally that has to be huge for this team, and I could probably watch Paulazzo's move at least once a day for the rest of the season, so for once, yippe skills competition!

Comment

I'm excited to see what BG brings next weekend. They made such good progress last year that I want to see if they're still on the right track.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              I could probably watch Paulazzo's move at least once a day for the rest of the season, so for once, yippe skills competition!
              I don't know why people here knock on the shootout. Yes it is a skills competition but I like it better than other conferences ending games in a tie!

What does everyone else think about shootouts?

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                I don't know why people here knock on the shootout. Yes it is a skills competition but I like it better than other conferences ending games in a tie!

I won't argue that the shootout isn't an exciting way to break a tie, however I have always thought that it was a silly way to award an extra point. I would rather see a tie just be a tie.

Comment

Not that it really matters, but to satisfy anyone's curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post

Shootouts are garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
                      Shootouts are garbage
                      Would you mind elaborating on that?

IMO, I don't like them. Unfortunately, the only reason I say that is that I don't think Miami has a very good record in them...lol!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Right about 2:30 or so, it shows undeniably that the puck enters the crease first, there is not kicking motion as his knee was locked, and there was no goalie interference.

Goal.

Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          Would you mind elaborating on that?

IMO, I don't like them. Unfortunately, the only reason I say that is that I don't think Miami has a very good record in them...lol!
                          Sure...I think it is a lousy way to decide a game or give points--that is not how you play the game. I would hate to see baseball go to a home run contest to decide games---it think a shootiout is hockey's equivalent... I don't like 4x4 in ot either

Comment

Camper 16gp 4-8-12 1st on Providence
                            Miele 8gp 4-7-11 1st on Portland (despite his 5 game hiatus in Phoenix)
                            Cannone 16gp 4-4-8 t2nd on Binghamton

Not too shabby at all

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              I'm excited to see what BG brings next weekend. They made such good progress last year that I want to see if they're still on the right track.
                              Shocking stat time...

In the last 26 games, we are 21-3-2 against BG. Outscoring them 98-51.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                Shocking stat time...

In the last 26 games, we are 21-3-2 against BG. Outscoring them 98-51.
                                Ay Ziggy Zoomba...

Comment

Working...
                                X