Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Go Miami Go Go Miami!
    Hey quit stealing my thunder . One weekend of the year (for now) where living out here actually accomodates the hockey schedule. Hope to see a couple of good performances against a team that is as desperate for a win as we are.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
      Hey quit stealing my thunder . One weekend of the year (for now) where living out here actually accomodates the hockey schedule. Hope to see a couple of good performances against a team that is as desperate for a win as we are.
      If someone had gotten a picture of you playing with that sign we could have made a seriously kick *** meme out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        $2 well & coke only way to go once you are in Daryl's good graces a handful of them will knock you on your ***.

Que RicoforPresident.
        Too much "farkel". Or whatever the hell that game is.

Comment

considering it took me 10 minutes of the 1st period to get the Nanook video feed to work, I was hoping that the guys would look a little better than this. still not sure what happened on that goal, but they sure are playing sloppy.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Whew.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

I'll take it at this point. Great game from Cody in net. We really needed that effort from him in the worst way. Still some flashes of sloppiness (hey Steve!), but a lot of blocked shots tonight which was good to see. Best stat of the night is definitely 7-7 on the PK. From 11th to 8th in the CCHA! The climb back has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                I'll take it at this point. Great game from Cody in net. We really needed that effort from him in the worst way. Still some flashes of sloppiness (hey Steve!), but a lot of blocked shots tonight which was good to see. Best stat of the night is definitely 7-7 on the PK. From 11th to 8th in the CCHA! The climb back has begun.
                We were out-shot 30-14.

Comment

Reichard was a beast for you guys tonight, as he usually is against us. Congrats on the W.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                    We were out-shot 30-14.
                    I think it was 13-2 in the third and 27-5 over the final 40. Again not perfect by any stretch, but I'll take the 3 points anyway we can get them.

Comment

Whew.
                      My thoughts exactly.

It's hard for me to give any meaningful feedback considering I wasn't able to watch the game, but judging from the write up it looks like we got totally outplayed in the last two periods. Hopefully tonight we will see another good defensive performance (do you think they give Cody the start again?) and the offense gets a few more chances (looking at you, powerplay).

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Reichard was a beast for you guys tonight, as he usually is against us. Congrats on the W.
                        He definitely stole that game... with the help of some serious puck luck (which went our way for the first time this season, IMO). So many sprawling saves by Reichard to cover the puck and stop play when Alaska was really putting on the pressure. And then so many open net opportunities for Alaska that were foiled by broken sticks or refs blowing the play dead when they lost sight of a puck that was live in the crease. Miami really needs to play better at both ends of the ice tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                          My thoughts exactly.

It's hard for me to give any meaningful feedback considering I wasn't able to watch the game, but judging from the write up it looks like we got totally outplayed in the last two periods. Hopefully tonight we will see another good defensive performance (do you think they give Cody the start again?) and the offense gets a few more chances (looking at you, powerplay).
                          I have a feeling we see Knapp tonight. He had a rough game against LSSU obviously but I thought he looked steadier that Reichard going into that weekend. Too early to give one the nod over the other.

We definitely got outplayed, though I don't think it was as bad as the shot differential would lead one to believe. I thought Miami was better at controlling the puck and gaining the zone (rather than simple dump-and-chase) than we've seen in recent weeks, but they just weren't getting the shots on goal. Alaska was blocking some, of course, but there were a lot of times when we'd skate in with numbers and just not get the shot off. Again, it looked to me like there were a lot of great individual efforts, but there didn't seem to be the teamwork necessary to really make things happen. For example, there were a number of times when a Miami player would be behind the Nanook net with the puck and there would be a lot of traffic in the crease. Instead of trying to pass out to an open RedHawk for a direct shot while the goalie was screened, there would just be several attempts at a wrap-around that Greenham would easily stop.

Comment

I have a feeling we see Knapp tonight. He had a rough game against LSSU obviously but I thought he looked steadier that Reichard going into that weekend. Too early to give one the nod over the other.
                            I agree. The play of each of them has been dead even. Plus, Rico seems to only get away from the paired weekends for 3 reasons: goes with hot hand in playoffs, gives a rest (one of them is sick/injured/worn down), sits one to get his mind right for a couple games. This last one has only happened a couple of times with this pair and that was about 2 years ago if I am not mistaken. Plus, it isn't like Miami is losing because of bad goaltending. Yes, it could be better. But Miami has lost 5 of 6 because of poor offensive play and lackluster defensive play. Crimeny! The goal Cody gave up last night was basically a shootout try that started at the right circle. That is simply unacceptable.
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Agree Agree. If I remember correctly Knapp only let in 1 bad goal against LSSU. Two of the goals were turnovers right infront of the net and the final one was a good hard snap shot.

Comment

More game-tracker watching for me tonight. Hopefully we will see some more tough defense, I'm sure Alaska will be hungry for a win tonight.

Side note: My previous goalie comment wasn't a vote of no confidence in Connor, but rather an acknowledgement that Cody clearly stole that game for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X