Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    Ugh, this has been a bad weekend for my teams. Hockey gets swept, football lost in Toledo, United ran out.

I need a beer...
    I'm a Blue jackets fan so i'm totally used to this

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
      I'm sorry to hear about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShootSnipeScore View Post
        With all the hype and the high expectations for this season Miami fans keep forgetting Miele and Camper and there 128 points are gone from last year and that is almost impossible to replace
        Woah, it all makes sense now...

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          It's a new team and a new year. No Cam Schilling last night so that didn't help us defensively. Between the PK troubles and defensive shakiness, the bottom line is goaltending. Ferris got it last night and we didn't.
          I wouldn't necessarily say that the bottom line is goaltending although it was a major problem in the FSU series. After talking to a few of the players I know and watching/listening to the game I think it's a trust issue more than anything among the defensive line thats killing us so far this year.

I don't know if I am the only one that notices but Hartman is constantly directing everyone else on the ice instead of paying attention to his own game and getting things done. Weber plays better when Hartman and him are on the same line (which hasn't happened as often this year). Wideman is pretty versatile and very focused - I'd say that he is our best defenseman. And Czarnik looks promising but isn't always where he needs to be. Spinell looks especially solid this year. And I'm sorry, but I think Kennedys only goal this year is to hit more people than walls this time around. I think a lot of the teams issues will be solved if the defense learns to trust each other and work on their "chemistry" as Rico would say.
          Last edited by MIamiGirl; 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
            I wouldn't necessarily say that the bottom line is goaltending although it was a major problem in the FSU series. After talking to a few of the players I know and watching/listening to the game I think it's a trust issue more than anything among the defensive line thats killing us so far this year.

I don't know if I am the only one that notices but Hartman is constantly directing everyone else on the ice instead of paying attention to his own game and getting things done. Weber plays better when Hartman and him are on the same line (which hasn't happened as often this year). Wideman is pretty versatile and very focused - I'd say that he is our best defenseman. And Czarnik looks promising but isn't always where he needs to be. Spinell looks especially solid this year. And I'm sorry, but I think Kennedys only goal this year is to hit more people than walls this time around. I think a lot of the teams issues will be solved if the defense learns to trust each other and work on their "chemistry" as Rico would say.
            Welcome to the board!

Hartman might be doing a lot of "directing" as you say, but as a leader on a club full of young players, I'd expect my upper-class-laden defensive corps to do just that. That said, you're right, it's certainly not all goaltending, but Reichard and Knapp are FOUR-YEAR SENIORS. I cannot emphasize that enough. They have to be better than the other guy every night because we aren't going to outscore teams as in past years...at least not right now.
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I'm just going to blame the Jackets' stop in Oxford for our early season woes, no good was going to come of our players being around that sort of losing culture.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                I'm just going to blame the Jackets' stop in Oxford for our early season woes, no good was going to come of our players being around that sort of losing culture.

Other than the several occasions this weekend where we were burned or beaten one-on-one, I think our defense has actually been decent this year. The best defense is a good offense. When we start to establish an offensive rhythm our defense should be fine.

Comment

Let's Go Red Wings?

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                  And I'm sorry, but I think Kennedys only goal this year is to hit more people than walls this time around.

Now, I wonder who this could be...welcome aboard!

He really should rethink that goal, it has far less entertainment potential.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Despite the fact I'm a Blue Jackets fan I had to laugh at that. I agree maybe the CBJ brought a little of their losing culture to Miami....from what I saw at Sky Box the Miami boys were sure following their lead And thank you all for the welcome.

Comment

I wonder if any of the guys on my NHL team would take a trip to Oxford to offset any bad juju from the Columbus Hackets....

LET'S GO CAPS! LET'S GO CAPS!
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Sorry, i meant "Jackets"

or did i???

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          Sorry, i meant "Jackets"

or did i???
                          We have the 4th highest payroll! it doesn't make sense! As long as the CBJ don't move to canada it's all fun and games.

I have mixed expectations for this weekend but mostly I just want them to play with some discipline. We pretty much compete shorthanded. Also, Biggs is the most physically dominant player on the ice, I'd love to see him use that energy crashing the net not messing around after the whistle. Don't know if he's bought in to the whole college hockey thing yet.

Comment

We have the 4th highest payroll! it doesn't make sense! As long as the CBJ don't move to canada it's all fun and games.

I have mixed expectations for this weekend but mostly I just want them to play with some discipline. We pretty much compete shorthanded. Also, Biggs is the most physically dominant player on the ice, I'd love to see him use that energy crashing the net not messing around after the whistle. Don't know if he's bought in to the whole college hockey thing yet.
                            Well with my Caps off to their own very fast start (I can't actually bring myself to say the "P" word for fear of jinxing it), I am going to hold off on my Cup tickets until we get to April. The Caps have more than once torn through the regular season like the best team ever, just to fall in the 1st Round.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              Well with my Caps off to their own very fast start (I can't actually bring myself to say the "P" word for fear of jinxing it), I am going to hold off on my Cup tickets until we get to April. The Caps have more than once torn through the regular season like the best team ever, just to fall in the 1st Round.
                              Well the Caps may cool off next spring but.. atleast your not mathematically out of the postseason in October

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                                Well the Caps may cool off next spring but.. atleast your not mathematically out of the postseason in October
                                If they can get Vokoun to play like he has started then they will be real tough to beat. Pounded Detroit the other night.

Really would like to see a complete 120 minute weekend here to get back on track. Homecoming weekend too. I send my best from California. Wish I could have made it out

Comment

Working...
                                X