Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Yet, we never even beat Ferris when we are good, so I'm not putting much stock in this weekend

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Highlights:

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Our PK is not good enough this season to overcome taking the most PIM in the country like we've gotten used to, something has to change in that department.
        I blame Hodgey.

PLAY THE CHIEF SONG

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
          Highlights:

Thanks for posting this, Dom. It's good to see what actually happened on those points.

I'm not sure what's going on in the defensive end right now, but it's hurting us badly. Of course it doesn't help when the team is spending a good portion of the game shorthanded. It looks like we just don't have the stellar PK to make up for taking so many penalties (at least at this point...) and need to cut out the "stupid" ones.

CCHA.com: RedHawks' Coach not concerned with team's slow start to season
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

It's a new team and a new year. No Cam Schilling last night so that didn't help us defensively. Between the PK troubles and defensive shakiness, the bottom line is goaltending. Ferris got it last night and we didn't.
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
              It's a new team and a new year. No Cam Schilling last night so that didn't help us defensively. Between the PK troubles and defensive shakiness, the bottom line is goaltending. Ferris got it last night and we didn't.
              Obviously the defense needs to get themselves together, but we still aren't going to win many games by scoring 2 goals. On the bright side, at least we are generally losing by only one goal (obviously not counting ENG's as competitive goals).

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                Is the Ferris feed any better than the Miami all-access?

4 Camera Angles, Instant Replays, Graphics, Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                  Reichard played a pretty good game. The only goal he should have had was the first one. It's not his fault when the defense seemingly forgets about a guy in the slot.
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Random observation from listening to the game tonight: Czarnik is already on his second penalty of the year for embellishment, that kid has to stop diving.

Comment

Tiesling negates a PP for retaliation and then Kennedy gets ejected for "kneeing" when we're about to get a PP leading to a Ferris State PP goal. Not okay.
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        Tiesling negates a PP for retaliation and then Kennedy gets ejected for "kneeing" when we're about to get a PP leading to a Ferris State PP goal. Not okay.
                        The knee was a quality call. That being said, the officials have been terrible tonight. Not that calls or non-calls are an excuse for chippy play, but they have completely lost control of this game.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

I'm so sick of watching this team shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. This is going to be a very long year...

Comment

As a ferris follower and at the game. Miami has nothing to worry about. They are a young squad with big upside and will find their stride. Taylor Nelson and Cj Motte are both very very good goalies with Motte leading the naton in G.AA and Taylor being 5th, that being said i felt Ferris did a good job of keeping guys like Smith and Trent V(however you spell his last name) to the outside and really were able to limit any big time scoring chances for Miami. Biggs is a heck of a player and being only a freshmen he has a lot of upside not saying this because he was 1st rounder but he is just plain good, i feel like once he becomes more physical and less finesse he will be dominant. With all the hype and the high expectations for this season Miami fans keep forgetting Miele and Camper and there 128 points are gone from last year and that is almost impossible to replace, just like us Ferris fans since we keep winning it's an easy to forget we lost Nagle and Redmond just to name a few guys. All in all as a Ferris fan and being 6-0 words can't explain how happy i am. But if i were a Redhawk fan i would be down for now, always tough to be swept but the Redhawks have a ton of talent and i expect them to be right up near the top of the CCHA standings come play off time.

Comment

#14 Ferris State Hockey 2-0 over #10 Miami Redhawks Highlights:

Comment

Ugh, this has been a bad weekend for my teams. Hockey gets swept, football lost in Toledo, United ran out.

I need a beer...

Comment

Working...
                                X