Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Side note: Has anything official been released yet about Murphy's injury (I would assume he's a scratch for the entire season)? Seems like it has all been off-the-record speculation.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
      Side note: Has anything official been released yet about Murphy's injury (I would assume he's a scratch for the entire season)? Seems like it has all been off-the-record speculation.
      I wouldn't yet say he's done for the year. Lots of season ahead of us.
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
        The postseason comment isn't technically accurate though Reichard played all four games of the national tournament in '09. In '10, they split the regional in Fort Wayne (Reichard vs. UAH, Knapp vs. Michigan - he was redonkulous in that game) and Knapp started the national semifinal vs. Boston College but was pulled. In '11, Reichard played against UNH, but of course, lost. They've both played in the CCHA playoffs but Rico does have a tendency to start Cody in late season matchups based on gut and hot hand.

I go back and forth, and as a result, completely support the rotation. As soon as you say one's better than the other, they switch...
        whole-heartedly agree!
        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          These young guys are extraordinarily fast healers. I can see him back by February if all goes well. That being said.... @ CMurph: take your time and get healthy before getting back on the ice!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

As for Murphy, I have not heard anything official, but I believe it is the fibula, not the tibia and no surgery. If I remember correctly (and I don't get them mixed up) the fibula is not the weight bearing bone and he should be out about six weeks, five now. Given it is a break, that's about as good as you could hope for. If I get anything official I will pass along.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
              I wanted to know the opinion of you Miami fans on something. In these weekend's series, I was a bit more impressed by Knapp's goaltending than Reichard's, yet it seems as if it's always Reichard the one that is picked to play in the postseason. Any clue as to why that is? Do most of you guys disagree with me? Let it be stated though, that you guys definitely have the best goaltending duo in the country. You don't have a backup, it's a 1 and 1a situation.
              The amazing thing about Reichard and Knapp is that coming into this year their stats are .914, 2.04 for Reichard, and .912, 2.05 for Knapp. Does not get any closer than that. But, every year is different. I think this is the year we'll find out more about these two goaltenders. Yes, most of the d is back, but Loverde, the best shot blocker, is gone and the best defense is to have the puck yourself and few teams possessed the puck as much as Miami did the last three years. To me, that's been the big difference so far. When was the last time Miami was outshot almost 2-1? I know it was to some extent powerplays, but Miami has given the other team a lot of powerplays and MU still has not been outshot like that much in the last six years.

Good luck to Colgate, win all your games. Everything else being equal in the PWR, the best thing Colgate can do for Miami now is win and we'll try to do the same for Colgate. I assume Colgate will be coming here in the next few years so a real "enthusiast" would make the trip.
              Last edited by redeagle; 10-17-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Per the penalties this weekend, it looked like we were pretty much just playing our game. We all know that entails a fair share of time in the box already, unfortuntley we did not adjust to how the game was being called, and it resulted in a ridculous number of calls. That's on us, but clearly ECAC refs are not a fan of big boy hockey, maybe a certian team should have made a move to that conference

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                  As for Murphy, I have not heard anything official, but I believe it is the fibula, not the tibia and no surgery. If I remember correctly (and I don't get them mixed up) the fibula is not the weight bearing bone and he should be out about six weeks, five now. Given it is a break, that's about as good as you could hope for. If I get anything official I will pass along.
                  Per Coleman's Twitter feed, Murphy was having surgery today.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindTheBench View Post
                    Per Coleman's Twitter feed, Murphy was having surgery today.
                    Is that going to preclude him from returning this year? I'm with RedEagle on this. The odds of him returning were much better with no surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      Per the penalties this weekend, it looked like we were pretty much just playing our game. We all know that entails a fair share of time in the box already, unfortuntley we did not adjust to how the game was being called, and it resulted in a ridculous number of calls. That's on us, but clearly ECAC refs are not a fan of big boy hockey, maybe a certian team should have made a move to that conference
                      Dont Hit My Head Bros?

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                        Is that going to preclude him from returning this year? I'm with RedEagle on this. The odds of him returning were much better with no surgery.
                        Does hockey have a medical redshirt rule similar to football?

Comment

Yes, but he would still only have 5 years to finish his 4 years of DI competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by fangers View Post
                            Yes, but he would still only have 5 years to finish his 4 years of DI competition.
                            Why is that? Is that a draft stipulation?

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              Why is that? Is that a draft stipulation?
                              Probably should have been a little clearer. A D1 player has a 5 year period, starting the day they step on campus & start practicing, to complete 4 years of competitve D1 play. It's NCAA rules. So his 5 year clock has already started is what I was trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                Dont Hit My Head Bros?
                                After this season:

Don't BIGGS me bro, don't BIGGS me.

Comment

Working...
                                X